Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I just started playing bass about 6 months ago with a Squier P-Bass and I'm already kind of tired with the sound of it. I don't know if its the fact that its a Squier or if its just the fact that its a Precision model but it really feels like it lacks versatility. However things have been a lot better since I've gotten some brighter strings on it. I do fine with a 15 watt Peavey practice amp however, I don't know why you'd complain about it, I get a pretty good kick out of the fucker. I'm not about to play a show so I don't really need anything else and I'm fine jamming with my friends that have like real loving amps. (Obviously they don't crank it though)

What i would give to have a Jazz Bass though. drat I need money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

God lakland's site is addicting, I just went around trying every different genre with all the different settings for like 15 minutes

i think i should steal the riff they did for the "hard rock" sample

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

I've been banging on a Squier Vintage Modified P-Bass for a few years now, learning the ropes, and I give my full endorsement. Its a bit beat up now, I haven't treated it super well, and some of the pots and other electronics might need some work. But for the price its been fantastic.

I'm about ready to move on though, so I'm checking out some J-pick up arranged type basses

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

NarkyBark posted:

Loading in/out is the worst part of playing shows. I hate it so, so much.

Yesterday I carried this guy:

a few blocks because my buddy couldn't drive me back to my place

It was the cherry on top of getting a poor score in a stupid battle of the bands at a college bar, too.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Jan posted:

I refuse to carry anything larger than a microcube without a trolley. I once schlepped a meager SWR LA-15 over five or six blocks and a bus ride, and my arms ached too much to play afterwards. :suicide:

I'm never moving anything again without wheels or like you said, a trolley. The BXR100 has handles but they are positioned oddly and are mostly useless

I still can't close my hands completely without pain

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Kynetx posted:

You must carry a very light purse.

i also just ripped a callous off while dead lifting, yes i'm a huge crybaby :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Well this rules, we were well-liked at the battle of the bands to get another gig this time we'll be :siren: paid :siren:

3 short years ago I bought my first bass. Now, with help from 3toes, warwick3s and many others in this thread I'm playing and singing, writing my own basslines and songs. Music owns, this thread owns.