Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

are the fender vintera ii jazz basses good? the lake placid blue with rosewood is my thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Bread Dragon posted:

If you can play one, check out the G&L Tribute JBs. Fit, finish, and hardware on my G&L Tribute P runs circles around any Fender MIM and even most MIJs I've played in my personal experience, and they're available in lake placid blue with rosewood. I'm an absolute fanboy for them now and I might pull the trigger on an MIA next year.
G&L *do* trend heavy
that was a good suggestion but I’m working on a project and I just wanted to get something really close by

Anyways I have a shitload of guitars but this is my first bass. I’m not having too hard of a time playing it right away actually. Playing it seems to be easier than mixing it though because it’s a bit muddy. I need to watch some eq videos on this. I am using a helix for amp and cab sim right into my mix.

Definitely setup was way off at first. Unplayable high action above 3mm, both saddles and neck needed to be adjusted. Lucky its all the same work as a normal guitar.. I was able remedy all that and it immediately became really fun and addicting to play. Should have gotten a bass a very long time ago!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Direct only is the way to go. Any recording I've done it seems the way we go.

You’re saying direct with no amp or cab simulation?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

how is it 14.5 lb when most of the bass is missing