Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haplo26
Nov 16, 2007
Abberach
I got an Ibanez RDGR and it's been great. It's good if you want to learn stuff by more versatile bass players because the neck is longer. So if your a fan of bands like The Who or Yes, you'll have more area to comfortably play.

I've been playing off and on for a few years, and I guess the best advice is to practice yourself, and then find a teacher who is more of a mentor, than anything, same with guitar I guess. I had a really bad experience with a teacher who was a great bass player (His band was nominated for a Grammy), but not a very good teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU