Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azver
Nov 23, 2007

Slurpee_E posted:

ou'd probably need some kind of crane to hold it up and a robotic arm to fret the notes, but holy god would it rumble the fillings out of your teeth.

...but?

You say that like a bass held by a giant robot arm would be a bad thing, when it is obviously the beginning of the end for every spotlight stealing guitarist ever.

I think you meant "and holy god it would rumble the fillings out of your teeth"

On a serious note, I have a couple of questions. I've been considering getting a new bass, something fretless maybe. But if I go fretless, I want something with a nice hard ebony neck, cause after I took a look at the grooves my friend's strings ate into his rosewood fretboard, it turned me off to fretless for a long time. So, because I need to do everything the hard way, here's my deal.

I want to buy a Vintage Modified 70's Jazz bass, and slowly swap out the parts. In particular, putting in a warmoth neck. Anyone around here have any experience swapping out the necks of basses? Does it have any kind of effect on the instrument outside of having a new neck? Like, would say, the tone of the instrument be negatively effected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azver
Nov 23, 2007
I was thinking about doing that, but I'm just kind of afraid of putting together a bass from the basic parts. I feel like I'd screw something up. How hard is it to wire everything together? And would I need anything aside from a sodering iron and a screwdriver, since the Warmoth stuff all comes pre-drilled?

Azver
Nov 23, 2007

3toes posted:

Warmoth necks are not pre-drilled.

Haha, guess I'm hosed then. I'll probably just look around for something else. Thanks for the heads up, guys.