Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Coming up on having been playing 6 months or so, and a lot of the reasons I bought a short scale ended up being silly, but I do still enjoy my MIM Fender PJ.

I'm thinking about getting a second bass, and I think I want a full scale with humbuckers. Maybe even active or passive/active.

Does the thread have recommendations for me to check out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

New SoundGear buddy, that looks really nice.

I just got an SR-5005 the other week and it has changed the equation for me after only having a MiM Mustang PJ for the past 6 months. I probably should have gone full scale to start but I think the short scale was good to build hand strength while learning.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

Nice, grats on the new bass! How are you liking it so far?

It's so comfy to play and it sounds fantastic with or without the active EQ. No issues going to 5 strings either really, just using the B as thumb perch instead of say a pickup. Really glad I splurged a little.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

ewe2 posted:

Ibanez do make pretty-looking basses I must resist the GAS!

Giving in to SR Acquisition Syndrom (SRAS) has worked well for me, and may work well for you! Check with your local luthier today!

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Jestery posted:

How exactly does a p bass differ from , say, the beginner bass I played decades ago?

What was your beginner bass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Laserface posted:

I have always thought an octave/fuzz octave would suit what I want but those videos did not sell me on the idea. I've got a Behringer Ultrabass amp (it was free and its my backup amp shhhhh) that has a built in octave down with a blend. once that amp is repaired and I can play around with it I might find a use for octave down.

my board, in order:
- Caroline effects Cannonball fuzz vintage king
- Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
- Bass Muff Pi Nano
- VT Bass Deluxe
- Polytune 3 nano

(straight into the preamp stage on my Orange terror bass with no EQ)

Why is your tuner at the end of the chain though?