Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Dad
Mar 3, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Just wanted to pipe in that I just bought one of the Rondo SX J-"style" (what does that even mean?? Is it not a legit J pickup?) pickup basses (the amp combo one) and by far the most useful site for learning I've found has been StudyBass.com

Something about the guy's writing is really clear to me, and he does a great job explaining basic music theory (I played jazz baritone sax for about 4 years a long time ago so it's nice to brush up again) and how to incorporate it into patterns using roots, fifths, octaves, etc.

One of my friends has a 4 channel amp so I'm going to go over and play a bit with a keyboard, guitar, and a FruityLoops drum track. My only concern is going to be recognizing chords as they transition. Does anyone have any advice on how to pick up on a chord progression besides just agreeing to an outlined bar set beforehand?

Also, how difficult would it be to put in an aftermarket pickup on a J-bass? It sounds like it's harder than working on P-bass circuitry...The only thing I've ever soldered in my entire life were the LPC ports on an Xbox ~3 years ago

Real Dad fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU