Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Oh my :allears:

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/naples-01-subaru-impreza-30rs-h6-swapped/7703142947.html

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow, that looks awesome

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

slidebite posted:

It's made in the US at a Chrysler factory. Therefore, Chrysler :colbert:

I thought they were made in Germany by Karmann

quote:

From the Wiki page:

The Chrysler Crossfire is a rear-wheel drive, two-seat sports car that was sold by Chrysler and built by Karmann of Germany for the 2004 through 2008 model years.
Guess you're wrong

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slur, your fighting style is extremely problematic!

I'm pretty sure the sum of the parts is greater than the asking price.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I like this guy's style.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

You Am I posted:

I thought they were made in Germany by Karmann

Guess you're wrong

Far am I to disagree with the infallible source that is wiki, but since the VIN begins with a "1" I'll say there's a pretty good chance I'm right.

I could see components made in Germany.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 17, 2024

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Looks like the engine was assembled in Affalterbach and
the car was assembled at the Karmann plant in Osnabrück, Germany. Why it has a 1 on the VIN is a mystery.

Also I can't believe you guys made me look up Chrysler Crossfire lore.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

00s chrysler couldn't even get VINs right.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Lol^

My guess is it "final" assembly in the US, not sure how much of it would need to be assembled on this side to get a 1 vin?

Would it be a tax thing?

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Powershift posted:

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=90038

I.....think i like the Crossfire Coupe now?

With everything else starting to look the same this thing looking very different might actually make it good.

e: Most of the ones available are super low mileage. like 40k - 80k kms.

They're kinda neat looking, and definitely unique nowadays. A neighbor in my old city had one parked on the street, and I'm pretty sure it's the only one I've ever actually seen in person.

Nitrox posted:

Any vehicle will survive forever if money is no object. Some people just pour money into maintenance and repairs forever and ever. There are jaguars from every generation, still on the road, and not by their own volition

I saw an XJS yesterday and did a double take. Pretty sad looking, had a ragtop with a bunch of plastic sheeting taped on in places, and the fuel filler cap had a bag over it too for some reason. Good looking cars, but mechanical nightmares.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

I think this was from Grind Hard Plumbing. I remember seeing this car on YouTube when I was going to build a tube bumper for my old forester. Glad to see he continued to work on it a bit more before deciding to sell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSSzBoGar4

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

<Eyeballs our '03 Outback VDC> Hmmm...
I definitely want to uncork the exhaust on the H6, but that will have to wait until it's not my wife's daily. The lift, however, she *wants*...

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Well this sure is rad.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/938117140636008

quote:

Seller's Description
This is the Runs Good Sand Runner 1991 Mazda Miata!
Sold AS-IS... some areas are pretty rough! (see pics) Turbo 1.6 engine runs great but transmission has issues. Shifter will engage, clutch pedal works, no engagement to the driveshaft. Not sure what's happening there... assuming that it needs a transmission. No battery, but I put one in to start it up for the video and can do the same for any serious buyers. No seat belts. No top. No key. 91 only.

Turbo Kit
Equal length manifold
Intercooler
Long travel custom suspension (Front passenger side needs reinforcement/bolts broke while gettin' it!)
Feal Suspension 441 coilovers
Torsen LSD
Konig Wheels
Sand/paddle tires
Hydraulic handbrake (drift brake)
Hard Dog roll bar
Winch
Boost and A/F gauges
Kirkey bucket seat

If you're not in love with the current suspension setup, the long travel can be removed if you have stock components. Could be a great off-roader, easily converted to a drift car, or with a lot of love a daily driver.

Bring a trailer, make me an offer, NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES.

EDIT - Oh, apparently "Runs Good" is a Motortrend show I was not aware of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIskRO9mBOg

WTFBEES fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 1, 2024

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

That actually looks entertaining. I think I'd protect that intercooler a little better, though.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slur, your fighting style is extremely problematic!

I'm zooming into the pictures, and it looks like this thing was slapped together, used a couple of times and then put up for sale. Maybe because of the transmission, or maybe because suspension geometry is all kinds of wacky and they do not want to rebuild it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

nice looking machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nitrox posted:

I'm zooming into the pictures, and it looks like this thing was slapped together, used a couple of times and then put up for sale. Maybe because of the transmission, or maybe because suspension geometry is all kinds of wacky and they do not want to rebuild it.

Yep Miata 5 speeds can't handle boost for long. Just weird all around with that one.