Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Hypothetically, would that mean he'd have to list 2 previous owners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo. It's like he's schizophrenic or something and the sides of his brain are competing with each other.

Smells like spam. The different points between text/fonts seems to be an intl/local typing font.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

quote:

TURBRO

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

Viggen posted:

Smells like spam. The different points between text/fonts seems to be an intl/local typing font.

That's a good observation. Although, normally the number 1 most common characteristic of spam I see is that the location is the same as the name of the craigslist region its posted in. In this instance, Goose Creek is a comparitevely small area in the vicinity of Charleston, SC - whereas I usually expect to see the spammers and scammers listing their locations as "Charleston" (i.e. the name of the craigslist area).

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Which is hilarious when they post in lower population states and you get people who apparently live in Northwest.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Who's that pokemon!?

IT'S A PIKACHU!!!!

gently caress... maybe not.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

DJ Commie posted:

I don't know why you'd expend all that effort for that standalone ECU and BP swap and not run a BPD which makes 180hp crank stock.

A BPT/BPD swap is a lot more difficult than a BP. Clearance up front becomes an issue. Although given the F-series transmission I could see them selecting parts based on what they could find in the junkyard.

You could sell the ITBs, coilovers, wheels, and ecu to recoup most of that and be left with a clean BP festiva for about the cost of a stock one. Enough power to surprise people, should still get 30-35mpg. Not a bad daily driver.

edit:

Turbo festivas pop up from time to time. This came up a few weeks back. IIRC it was for $2500.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2718513&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=229#post394264900

oxbrain fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 25, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I noticed you said "have" and not "had" so it probably wasn't that bad. :v:

There's a painter/decorator here who drives around with loads of bricks and full paintcans on the back seat of a late 90s Maxima.

He was going as fast as he could with that load and when he braked his barricade broke and the entire load of stone came rolling forward. I wish I had pictures, it was a sight to see.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for CL buying advice but I've had my eye on this for a while.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/2551171462.html

They have been trying to get rid of it for at least 3 months now and they started to offer financing. I'm trying to figure out if I can shoot for a lower price (They want $21,900) but I have no examples to estimate the value of it. It's not a Mach 1 and I don't think it's an original Boss 302, I can't really figure out what the base model was before the restoration. I still have to talk to the guy about the specs and see it in person though.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
You oughta go over to the mustang thread, only 'cause they probably know much more about it than us.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

The Scientist posted:

You oughta go over to the mustang thread, only 'cause they probably know much more about it than us.

Good point, I will do that. Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread!

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Really not liking the red and gold stripe.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Really not liking the red and gold stripe.

I thought it looked good on the GT500H cars. Although the gold on black was more menacing.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
Up in the woods all weekend again, so I don't have any way to screenshot this, but I wanted to get it up because it's a good deal. If it is really only the rear diff, then I'll probably end up buying it.

Sorry for the lack of a screenshot, guys.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2562946159.html

coinstarpatrick
May 21, 2007

by T. Finn

Secret Machine posted:

I still have to talk to the guy about the specs and see it in person though.

I'd be extremely skeptical, it was "restored" but that means different things to different people and regardless depending on who did it and how much rust it had pre restoration it could be a poo poo pile (and 21k is a lot of scratch). I'd have someone knowledgeable about classic cars and restoration come with you and thoroughly check it out.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^

ursa_minor posted:

Up in the woods all weekend again, so I don't have any way to screenshot this, but I wanted to get it up because it's a good deal. If it is really only the rear diff, then I'll probably end up buying it.

Sorry for the lack of a screenshot, guys.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2562946159.html

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...=item45fca87061

24 grand for this z06.
Front damage salvage title.

Who wants a ls swap.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

salt the fries! posted:

Has any surviving SVX ever not needed a transmission?

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

slidebite posted:

Has any surviving SVX ever not needed a transmission?

I'm sure there are a few. If you caught one quick enough with a transmission oil cooler, and drove like a grandpa scared of the future that may lie at the end of whatever given journey you're on.
The one I owned had a newer trans in it, and the popular switch is to go to the newer autos with the 4:44 ratio or something - then of course the balls-out switch is the 5 or 6 speed.

Also, the wheels bearings fail almost constantly, and the rear diff is known for having a pinion bearing fail.
I love them to death, but I won't pretend they are without problems. Once you spend any significant amount of time in an SVX, it's really hard not to want to go back.

The EG33 sounds wonderful with a 5 speed.
http://youtu.be/oE8Ec9maTYc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Buy my 1985 Grand Wagoneer for $25k!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2558249864.html

Am I crazy, or would something like this be worth $10k tops? Maybe it would be worth something if it had 200 miles, but not a fully restored one with unknown mileage.

Hell, this is arguably an even worse offender. This car isn't worth the scrap you can get at a yard.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2567714671.html

edit

Hey Boomerjinks, you nee a Caddy donor for your next Ghostbusters car?

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 28, 2011

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

Hell, this is arguably an even worse offender. This car isn't worth the scrap you can get at a yard.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2567714671.html

Is that like a massive...hole...punched through the driver's c pillar?:stare:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Possible gold, on my way to look at a 500 buck running with title 67 bug. Let you know how that pans out.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

Possible gold, on my way to look at a 500 buck running with title 67 bug. Let you know how that pans out.

Make sure the floor pans are in good shape and you probably did find gold. If they're bad, it's still a pretty good deal. Also, if you can check the frame head.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BetaTested posted:

Make sure the floor pans are in good shape and you probably did find gold. If they're bad, it's still a pretty good deal. Also, if you can check the frame head.

Its gonna need a tow, pedal assembly is frozen solid. Pretty extensive pan and drivers side rot but it does have spare metal and parts included though. On the other hand it was very complete and had popouts. Could part it out and make money, or sacrifice my sanity to try to get it roadworthy. Considering offering 300 due to the rot and needing a tow.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

Its gonna need a tow, pedal assembly is frozen solid. Pretty extensive pan and drivers side rot but it does have spare metal and parts included though. On the other hand it was very complete and had popouts. Could part it out and make money, or sacrifice my sanity to try to get it roadworthy. Considering offering 300 due to the rot and needing a tow.

Ouch. Yeah, you would be better off parting it out then. I'd actually be really interested in the popouts, because they should fit my 74. And you can get a few hundred for a running engine, and a hundred or two for the trans axle.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

drat dude you love yourself some punishment. Please re-open your thread.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Jared592 posted:

drat dude you love yourself some punishment. Please re-open your thread.

Hah, I asked the 'Trap about that and we decided it was time for a new one whenever I get myself something worth making a project for. No worries, there shall be misadventures when the time is right.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

Hah, I asked the 'Trap about that and we decided it was time for a new one whenever I get myself something worth making a project for. No worries, there shall be misadventures when the time is right.

Seriously though, if you get it I'd love me them pop outs. The buffeting noise from not having them in my bug is annoying. Although I suppose shipping might be an issue, I'm in AZ, and have no idea where you're at in this world.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Preoptopus posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...=item45fca87061

24 grand for this z06.
Front damage salvage title.

Who wants a ls swap.

The phrase "more money than sense" comes to mind ;)

< $16k direct from GM, brand new. http://bit.ly/oPqNMW

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Pitched an email offer to the guy for 200. I doubt it'll pan out but you never know.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Not a car, but I thought it was kind of cute

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-best-fish-tank-ever-150-OBO-W0QQAdIdZ308816346

quote:

We're moving to Mexico and I don't think they'd travel well so...
Selling our Fluval Edge - pewter colour.
There are 4 fish in there and 1 crustacean.
Fish #1 Biggie - he's big and athletic - listens well.
Fish #2 Chubsters - Biggie's best friend (kinda by default)
Fish #3 & 4 Flotsam and Jetsam - I think they're brothers or cousins or something
and the lobster- We used to think he was one mean character but now I think he's a big coward... and every now and again he molts - gross and cool at the same time.
All of this and accessories for 150!!
* photos may not accurately represent the fish

k - it's been a few days since the add went up... the fish have been asking about their new family - I feel like a real jerk telling them no one has called... and now i have to tell them i've added "obo" to the add NOT good for the self esteem

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
A couple neat old vehicles popped up on my local Craigslist. I love those old Studebakers and who doesn't love an IH Travelall? Of course, one has to wonder how much rust is hiding where you can't see it.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I like the use of GIF for these old beasts. For a second I thought 'holy gently caress I fell back into 1996'. :golfclap:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrSaturn posted:

The phrase "more money than sense" comes to mind ;)

< $16k direct from GM, brand new. http://bit.ly/oPqNMW

Eh, they don't discount THAT heavily on the crate, and that is just the engine / all of the sensors and injectors on it. You still need a computer and wiring harness, which are decidedly not-$0 parts, and all of the engine driven accessories that are not the waterpump.

Between the additional parts you would need to buy separately, and the parts not usable for a swap that you could resell, that Z06 is arguably the better choice. But if you just want 505hp, you can do it for a lot less money with a 5.7/6.0/6.2 (but you don't get to say you have a 427).

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

ursa_minor posted:

I'm sure there are a few. If you caught one quick enough with a transmission oil cooler, and drove like a grandpa scared of the future that may lie at the end of whatever given journey you're on.
The one I owned had a newer trans in it, and the popular switch is to go to the newer autos with the 4:44 ratio or something - then of course the balls-out switch is the 5 or 6 speed.

Also, the wheels bearings fail almost constantly, and the rear diff is known for having a pinion bearing fail.
I love them to death, but I won't pretend they are without problems. Once you spend any significant amount of time in an SVX, it's really hard not to want to go back.

The EG33 sounds wonderful with a 5 speed.
http://youtu.be/oE8Ec9maTYc
Makes me miss mine. Fantastic car.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
A while ago I posted this:

me posted:

No pic in this one so I might as well just quote it:

03 nissan 350z - $73895 (moncks corner,sc) posted:

only 1 built in the nation
725 horsepower
37000 miles
alot to explain
call me at 843-899-4017
661-444-1570
661-444-5045
ask for gill or sam

For a $74k 03 350z with no picture, you have a shitload to explain... Which is what the ad is for.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be (besides a ripoff)?

Which was tantalizingly sparse; if only because I wanted to see what could possibly make an 8 year old 350z worth $74. Well:

Turns out its about as underwhelming as I expected. Kinda cool? Yeah, I guess. $73895 $54795 dollars cool? No, of course not.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
If sellers were to ask themselves "what else could a potential buyer purchase for the amount of money I'm asking?" this thread would be a lot less interesting!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

heat posted:

If sellers were to ask themselves "what else could a potential buyer purchase for the amount of money I'm asking?" this thread would be a lot less interesting!

Doubt it. It'd end up exactly the same:

"My car!" :haw:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

heat posted:

A Chrysler New Yorker (5th Avenue), of course.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2563223674.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Scientist posted:

I like how he has "NOPLATE" as his license plate. It's basically a big "I drive horribly enough to think this way" alarm.

Hey, it's a custom Vegamino!

This is the first time I've ever physically laughed at a car's price on the internet:

(for reference, MkI Capris in great loving condition are actually worth about $4000 at the most, usually they sell in the $1800 to $2500 range)