Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

Stop taunting me.

I've got nothing but time, I can grab it and deliver it to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Be careful Rhyno, he just wants your address and phone number. :D

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Curses! Foiled again!
*twirls moustache*

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

leica posted:

Lol. Yeah dependable roadsters are boring as hell, it's more interesting when they're not running!

Every British car (Two MGA's, 2 Spitfires, an MGB, three Jaguars (A Mk2 and 2 XJ6s) and but those don't count.) that has passed through my family hands has been perfectly decently reliable (more so than a 16 year old DSM :sigh: ), and way more interesting than another Miata.

Sorry if you suck at mechanics.

Octopus Magic fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 24, 2014

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Bucephalus posted:

I've got nothing but time, I can grab it and deliver it to you.

Seriously? If so, go look at it. I might take it if is isn't rusted all to poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

Every British car (Two MGA's, 2 Spitfires, an MGB, three Jaguars (A Mk2 and 2 XJ6s) and but those don't count.) that has passed through my family hands has been perfectly decently reliable (more so than a 16 year old DSM :sigh: ), and way more interesting than another Miata.

Sorry if you suck at mechanics.

I'm fine at mechanics, I just prefer to drive my cars instead of constantly working on them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fo3 posted:

Be careful Rhyno, he just wants your address and phone number. :D

You say this as if he hasn't already got them.

And my social security number, my bank account numbers...

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

leica posted:

I'm fine at mechanics, I just prefer to drive my cars instead of constantly working on them.

And neither did my dad? British engines might drip a little oil because of tolerance issues, but other than that once you have them set up once in a while, they're fine. They're incredibly basic pushrod engines with carbs on them. Scary stuff, I know.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Seriously, I daily drove(as in this is my only car; it is getting me to work) a '68 Sprite for a couple years. When I bought it it was in way worse shape then that, came out of a barn and hadn't run in ages, had moderate rust. Got it home, tweeked it a bit and drove it with only minor problems until the front suspension pillar started to collapse from metal fatigue and me driving it over hills fast enough to bottom the suspension and make sparks fly. Total cost for two years of driving that thing was probably under $2200 including it's purchase and $350 of that was on a paint job.

However I would recommend having it as a second car as there will inevitably be a snapped throttle cable or some such at an inopportune time and it is nice to fault back to something modern. Also Midget/Sprites pretty much top out at 55mph so be aware of that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

And neither did my dad? British engines might drip a little oil because of tolerance issues, but other than that once you have them set up once in a while, they're fine. They're incredibly basic pushrod engines with carbs on them. Scary stuff, I know.

Scary no, annoying yes.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Octopus Magic posted:

You get the same stories about rotaries.
Meh, they use a bit of oil, but so do many piston engines. Scariest thing about them is the carbs too, (and anti pollution gear and crap).
Pretty simple, although a seal kit is expensive if you have to rebuild and that's the worst that could happen. E: just don't buy one if it smokes when cold.
But anyone who has a bit of knowledge on rebuilding any motor can deal with it.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 24, 2014

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bibendum posted:

Seriously, I daily drove(as in this is my only car; it is getting me to work) a '68 Sprite for a couple years. When I bought it it was in way worse shape then that, came out of a barn and hadn't run in ages, had moderate rust. Got it home, tweeked it a bit and drove it with only minor problems until the front suspension pillar started to collapse from metal fatigue and me driving it over hills fast enough to bottom the suspension and make sparks fly. Total cost for two years of driving that thing was probably under $2200 including it's purchase and $350 of that was on a paint job.

However I would recommend having it as a second car as there will inevitably be a snapped throttle cable or some such at an inopportune time and it is nice to fault back to something modern. Also Midget/Sprites pretty much top out at 55mph so be aware of that.

Don't forget about the gas gauge reading completely wrong, which you didn't bother to tell me when I had to drive it when you borrowed my mr2(why did the car stop, the gauge says full). Or the headlights being controlled by 3 wires sticking out of the dash.

Tho it was a fun little car.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/4700058849.html

Frunk scoop :haw:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Lol, it keeps your luggage cool?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/4725071176.html

I want this guy to come down in price so bad, but I know that he's asking a really fair price. E: the swampers alone are worth like $2k.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 24, 2014

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sweet. That's basically my first pickup. It was all '74 though.

Divorced transfer case (so you have more u-joints to break with those big tires on it), 7 fuses total and no worries about that fuel gauge being broken because the fuel tank is behind the seat so you can tell when you need more by how much it sloshes around corners.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Oh I know all about 70's Fords. One of these is my current project.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sweet. I didn't know any of them were road legal anymore. (maybe they aren't and you'll be the one)

Where did they stuff the fuel tanks on those? Please say somewhere in the frame.

And what motor is in your project?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Motronic posted:

Sweet. I didn't know any of them were road legal anymore. (maybe they aren't and you'll be the one)

Where did they stuff the fuel tanks on those? Please say somewhere in the frame.

And what motor is in your project?

The tank is shoved behind the rear axle to provide weight distribution, being as they are rather front-heavy. Mine has a 302 with heads of an unknown vintage (PO installed them, I went to change the spark plugs and was baffled that they had 14mm's rather than 18's), with a C4 trans behind it. Got the rear end sorted a few days ago but left the front for another weekend, with the big tires on it, it has a ridiculous rake. It's known in my circle of friends as The Rolling Amber Alert http://imgur.com/a/zcUs8

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Keep your groceries cool.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
It's no AE86, but hey

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4729752982.html

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

I have no room to store it but I'm less than an hour away. :(.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I have been actively looking for one of these. Holy gently caress.

Edit: gently caress it. My dad is 2 hours from there and has space. For $600 I can't pass it up. Emailed him, ready to hit the road monday to check it out/buy it.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 25, 2014

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Motronic posted:

no worries about that fuel gauge being broken because the fuel tank is

...always empty

at least from the friends that I have had for the last 20 years. And once that first set of mudders burns off it's time to sell because they are never able to afford a 2nd set.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
The interior kills it for me :(

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4727332116.html

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That price would kill it for me :v:

Looks friggin' incredible tho.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Ehh at least it's not tan/beige.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

theacox posted:

...always empty

at least from the friends that I have had for the last 20 years. And once that first set of mudders burns off it's time to sell because they are never able to afford a 2nd set.

I wouldn't use it as a daily driver, and throwing $50-100 a month at a savings account for upkeep/consumables is well within my "reasonable" category.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

My dad is 2 hours from there and has space.

I'm 2 hours from there and have space in the yard

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Grey interior best interior t:mad:

(Looks almost identical to my E46's interior)

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I love tan if it is used sparingly. E46 saddle brown or E36 sand beige (but swapped for black door cards). Alpine white on modena or beige was what I really, really wanted for my e36 but it is so god drat rare. Wound up with the boringest combo, silver on black :v:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
1983 AMC Eagle Street Rod

Don't see these everyday.

Love the Porche paint.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

I NEED IT.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/4731784381.html

quote:

THIS CAR WAS KEPT IN THE GARAGE MOST OF THE TIME BY THE ORIGINAL OWNER. IT HAS A LOW MILEAGE OF 44,645 MILES. MY FAMILY USED IT WITHOUT ANY TROUBLES BUT WITH GREAT ENJOYMENT. THIS IS A RARE CAR BECAUSE ONLY A FEW CIMARRONS WERE MADE AND ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME. ONLY 6488 CIMARRONS ROLLED OFF THE ASSEMBLY LINE IN MAY 1988, LESS THAN A MONTH BEFORE PRODUCTION WAS OFFICIALLY ENDED. NEVERTHELESS, PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE FOR THIS CAR AND ARE VERY CHEAP. MANY OF THE CIMARRONS FOR SALE NOWADAYS HAVE A HIGH MILEAGE AND ARE IN BAD SHAPED OR EVEN TRASHED. A GREAT MANY HAVE BEEN SCRAPPED. UNLIKE MOST OF THE CIMARRONS OUR CAR WAS QUITE EXPENSIVE WHEN NEW AND WAS SOLD AS THE GOLD EDITION DEVELOPED AT DIMMIT CADILLAC. THE D'ORO EDITION FROM CADILLAC HAD ENDED IN 1987. SO I BELIEVE THE DEALER WANTED TO OFFER SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR OR BETTER IN 1988.

quote:

THE FOLLOWING HIGHLIGHTS:
COMFORTABLE AND SMOOTH DRIVING
A FLORIDA CAR THAT HAS NOT EVER SEEN SNOW OR SALT;
A USED CAR IN VERY GOOD CONDITION
A GREAT ADDITION TO A CADILLAC COLLECTOR ESPECIALLY AS A LOADED GOLD EDITION
RARE --LOW FACTORY PRODUCTION
A LOW PRICE FOR THIS CAR
A VEHICLE THAT WILL APPRECIATE IN PRICE RATHER THAN DEPRECIATE

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
T-top and rear louvers :hellyeah:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4728608299.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

What, did you expect it to have front louvers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Celica seller has not responded to my emails, I am very cross.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

The work it needs must be substantial, otherwise :wom:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

That Celica seller has not responded to my emails, I am very cross.

That's unfortunate. CRAIGSLIST :argh:

365 Nog Hogger posted:

He posted an ad in another region, stating that it didn't run due to fuel-related issues. You can also see some front-fender rot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

365 Nog Hogger posted:

You seem to be unaware of the fact that the 280ZX is just not a good car without stupid amounts of work. It's not light like an early Z and doesn't have the power to outrun a base model Fiesta.