Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

NitroSpazzz posted:

They brew some pretty strong shine in the hills around here...

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/5378651710.html

Something similar to this happened on Roadkill. Except it was a Mazda truck.... and the owner claimed it did 10s. Of course in typical Roadkill style... it did not do 10s. Of course the episode is loving hilarious and so drat awesome, go watch it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuHIemMF4kY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

:stare: I wouldn't buy it, but I'd drive it until something let go.

1500quidporsche posted:

I've got so many questions I don't even know where to start.
I don't want to waste the guys time because I have no interest in buying it but I really want to look at it closer and see how badly it's been put together. Also want to do some burnouts in it.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Something similar to this happened on Roadkill. Except it was a Mazda truck.... and the owner claimed it did 10s. Of course in typical Roadkill style... it did not do 10s. Of course the episode is loving hilarious and so drat awesome, go watch it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuHIemMF4kY
Oh I've seen it, I expect build quality to be the same if not worse on this one.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I don't want to waste the guys time because I have no interest in buying it but I really want to look at it closer and see how badly it's been put together. Also want to do some burnouts in it.

Oh I've seen it, I expect build quality to be the same if not worse on this one.

Looks like the black one at least has air scoops for the radiator, unlike Roadkill's.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
This looks really nice. I know the MB MTs from that era aren't the best and it's probably nose heavy but it would make a great beater/daily.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5340703880.html

No screenshot because I'm lazy and on mobile.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

technically it's mid-engined because
:goonsay:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Though when the guys finally got the motor running correctly it held its own against Porsches and so on.

With some good race slicks and proper suspension engineering, that would be one awesome loving truck.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

"Draws so very much attention it's unbaeleviaaieble."

I dunno, kinda feel like I believe it.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

I'm used to crazy craigslist poo poo but this is just so brazen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Probably not brazen, just really, really stupid.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/5400335760.html

Tempted for myself, but I don't need it.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Put the drivetrain from a wrecked Lancer Evo in it. (Says the naughty little voice that makes me do bad things.)

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

The emissions systems on those are a vacuum line nightmare. The carb is a piece of poo poo too. Unless you're swapping the motor + tranny but I don't know how feasible that would be with that car.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

driguy posted:

The emissions systems on those are a vacuum line nightmare. The carb is a piece of poo poo too.

Also applicable to: all cars ~1976-EFI.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

driguy posted:

The emissions systems on those are a vacuum line nightmare. The carb is a piece of poo poo too. Unless you're swapping the motor + tranny but I don't know how feasible that would be with that car.

You could probably swap a WRX drive train in it, since those cars had the engine is mounted longitudinally

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Weber makes a carb for it, which would at least get rid of some of the vacuum spaghetti.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I'm pretty sure that engine bay is wide enough for a Coyote 5.0. Might not be tall enough though.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Some sheetmetal work would fix that though.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Not a car but...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hmm what's that, an H1?

It's... awesome :sweatdrop:

There's just one problem with it...

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I want it sooo baaad but I just can't justify a third car that does nothing that the 2 cars I already have don't do already... Except for being slow, I don't have a slow car right now. (because a 5 speed 2.0 N/A Focus is fast, right?)
http://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/5407623868.html

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs
So much gold has been popping up around the Augusta, GA area, first the 1980 Civic for $1500, now this beauty? If my 300TD wasn't a thing, I'd go look at this car.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

:stwoon: the 3rd row is even better than I'd imagined

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

And I have the money for it. :negative:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That's luxurious as gently caress, someone buy that!!

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork
1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo McLaren - $8500

http://poconos.craigslist.org/cto/5383673411.html

quote:

Up for sale is a rare 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo McLaren with tons of documentation including Build Sheet. There were only 750 made in 1989 and only in two colors red and black.

I have borrowed some of the following information from online websites to how this engine was made:

"The cars started life as regular Grand Prix but not completed, final assembly took place at ASC McLaren, the same folks who built earlier GM supercars such as the Buick GNX and the Pontiac Turbo Trans Am. The cars received more than just a hot motor there, the paint was applied by hand and is a much higher grade than other Grand Prixs and other GM cars of the era. For the engine it received a special built 3.1L V6 that was unique to the Turbo Grand Prix run through a 4T60 4 speed automatic with overdrive. This was not a "corporate" engine as the regular 2.8 and 3.1 V6s of the time which were used in other versions of the W-body such as the Lumina, Buick Regal, and Olds Cutlass Supreme. None of the other makes offered a turbo model. The engine developed 205HP and 225lb ft of torque. This may not seem like much today as many four cylinder engines far exceed that but for 1989 this was a marvel of modern engineering. Keep in mind for example the top of the line 1990 GTA Trans Am with a 5.7L V8 only made 225HP. Differences over the normally aspirated 3.1L engine do not stop with the factory Garrett T-25 turbo. The iron block iron was added with 20% nickel content to improve strength, very small amount of tin for same, both additions unique to the VIN V code engine. The compression ratio was also lowered to 8.78:1, forged rods were used, strengthened crank, special oil pump, unique intakes, aluminum heads, stainless steel exhaust and of course factory intercooled."

This car has never seen snow and has been garage kept since bought new by the original owner. I am the second owner of the car and have carried on the tradition of keeping it garaged and away from snow.This Grand Prix is one of the cleanest ones of there, and also has lowest mileage. At the time of posting it only has 48,384 miles on the clock. Mileage may increase due to test drives and me driving, etc.

The exterior is in very good, the paint is deep and reflective (As stated earlier Grand Prix Turbos cars received special hand paint jobs). The front lower air dam would need to be resprayed has rock chips and some scratches.The 16" gold cross-lace rims are in very good shape. The tires have about 90% tread left on them. All lights and lenses work with no cracks or scuffs or cloudiness. No Rust on exterior of car.

The interior is in wonderful shape. The leather is soft and supple with no rips, tears, or dings. There is one section of the passenger seat where the fabric came away from the seam, its not ripped just needs to be tucked behind side of seat back.(I will be fixing that this weekend.The dash is perfect, without cracks or discoloration. The door panels are clean and in great shape. The headliner is sagging slightly in a couple places. The HUD (Heads Up Display) also works perfectly, as does the "information center" at the front of the shifting console. This system provides a digital compass, as well as all kinds of information on the car (service intervals, fuel range, avg. mpg, etc.). The radio works as does all the controls that at the radio and buttons on steering wheel to control radio. The cassette player had a tape stuck in the tape deck, I was able to get it out. Not sure if a tape will work in it (Don't want to try to get a tape out its big pain).

What I love about this car is that everything works(Except for A/C see below). Every switch, button (and there seem to be thousands of them), gauge, dial, etc. are in working order. Of special note are the power lumbar seats....you can adjust these every way. This Grand Prix of course has the WS6 suspension package and while the term "handles like it's on rails" is really over-used in car descriptions, I can think of no other way to describe it. There were only a several options available for the Grand Prix Turbo, and those were leather interior, power sunroof.

The air condition works but blows warm air, when it is on you do not hear the cycling switch come on, so I think the switch is one problem and possible recharge. I do not use a/c so this did not bother me.

This car has not been modified in any way. Computer chips are available to improve performance but I do not see a need for it. This car is 100% stock and all original.
The recent work that I had done was that all motor mounts including trans mount and valve cover gaskets were done this year.

Here is one of the other great things about this car Documentation!!! I Have All Paper Work For The Car Including a file from the original owner that has all receipts from dealership from when the car was bought new, including all sales receipts, Original Warranties Build Sheet, Vehicle Invoice and Service Records. One thing the original owner had done when the car was bought new was dealer installed rustproofing/undercoating ($800.00), through TST Total Systems Technology and yes I have that receipt as well. This car cost $32,000.00 dollars in 1989, that was big money back then.

$8500.00 Interested in the car? By appointment only by clicking on the link above. You MUST include your email and phone number so I can call you back.

Serious inquires. No spam, trade or barter deals

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

You would have more fun with this
:getin:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/medicine-hat/v8-pinto-delivery-wagon/1089490275?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

5.0L 5 speed rwd pinto wagon newer paint, excellent interior. Has subframe connecters and is a super rare delivery model very few of these were made and almost none still exist in this condition. Don't miss out on this amazing car. also has new dual exhaust rebuilt carb and only has about 5000kms on the engine and clutch.

They are in neighboring towns to each other too. Buy both!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs

88h88 posted:

That's luxurious as gently caress, someone buy that!!

I'm working on it, he has a gentleman coming down from Atlanta on Saturday, but I'm maybe 5 miles away so I'm gonna hit him with an early strike.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

geeteeslow posted:

I'm working on it, he has a gentleman coming down from Atlanta on Saturday, but I'm maybe 5 miles away so I'm gonna hit him with an early strike.

Yessssssss!

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

NoWake posted:

:eyepop: legit you need to buy this.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Friar Zucchini posted:

I want it sooo baaad but I just can't justify a third car that does nothing that the 2 cars I already have don't do already... Except for being slow, I don't have a slow car right now. (because a 5 speed 2.0 N/A Focus is fast, right?)
http://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/5407623868.html

Ok, I want to drive across America in that car

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

You Am I posted:

Ok, I want to drive across America in that car

Can I sit in the back while you do?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Ganondork posted:

1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo McLaren - $8500

http://poconos.craigslist.org/cto/5383673411.html

I'm torn, because on the one hand, $8500 :lol: and on the other hand I've always wanted one of these. I can't really justify it logically, but I really want one...

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

When I was a kid we took a trip from Wisconsin to Oregon in a mid 70's Country Squire. I got to ride in the back seats and it was loving glorious. That car was so goddamn big that you couldn't hear the occupants in the front seat from the back, and vice versa. It was fam-jam perfection.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

NoWake posted:

The seat position for punching your brother in the junk and yelling at your traitor sister in the fall of 1990.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Old Fords :swoon:
On that note, I know I started remembering my grandmothers cortina a couple of weeks ago (some thread talking about shifter position). Reminded of the old corty again with Geirskogul's horn switch dramas (the corty just has a button on the end of the indicator stalk for a horn switch - such simple and reliable cars they were..)
A search brought up this: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clarkson/cars-vans-utes/ford-cortina-240/1100405688
I wish I had a spare $7k, can't buy old Japanese cars this cheap any more. E: neither full size holdens or falcons too though I still lust after a za-zd fairlane.

(I still wish my family would have told me my grandmother was selling hers when I was 16y/o, I would have bought it)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 21, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wow, that's beautiful and in such good condition.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Who wants an exact clone of my Justy, but with slightly more rust and slightly more driveability (aka the engine hasn't attempted suicide)?

1994 red 4 door 4 wheel drive manual EFI Justy, $1200: https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5404933732.html

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5398812098.html

Why the hell not? I mean, Hot Wheels right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
A 350 built by Jasper! Well gently caress, sign me up!