Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

27 mpg "local"

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I want this car badly so I can stuff a 390 (or 410) into it

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962-mercury-meteor/6576395924.html

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Condition: rotting into the earth

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Dagen H posted:

I want this car badly so I can stuff a 390 (or 410) into it
I wish cars like that and that cheap existed in australia so I can stuff a turbo barra in it. j/k I really want to have a v8 project but I still want to stuff a turbo barra in any non v8 classic car

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Fo3 posted:

I wish cars like that and that cheap existed in australia so I can stuff a turbo barra in it. j/k I really want to have a v8 project but I still want to stuff a turbo barra in any non v8 classic car

I wish we had easy, cheap access to turbo Barras.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Ford USA are dumb because they hate RWD sedans, utes, barras, foST and fiST.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-toyota-camry-all-trac/6588096473.html

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

That thing is worthless. "Drove nice and shifted smooth, in 1998".

Frond fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 14, 2018

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

" Front bucket seats, mid split seat that drops for full "2 seater sports car" feel in a station wagon."

That's all I gotta do to give it a "sports car feel???"

:thunk: :thunk:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
That Taurus ad is baffling.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

While I am intrigued by the AWD Camry, I am far more interested in the AE86 right next to it.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

:vince: 'mid split seat that drops for full "2 seater sports car" feel' :vince:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Frond posted:

That thing is worthless. "Drove nice and shifted smooth, in 1998".

but its a MANUAL

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The 5 speed was only offered for 2 years and discontinued. It can be adapted to auto transmissions by a knowledgeable mechanic

I am the guy looking to buy that heap so I can convert it to auto instead of just finding an auto that I can drive now in infinitely better shape for $1,500.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6590190227.html

This thing used to live 2 blocks down the street from me, hadn't seen it in a while so looks like someone out near Lancaster bought it. Rad truck, I'd love to add it alongside the Comanche to my "90's trucks with :krad: decals" collection but I really need to stop looking for new projects. Looked pretty clean overall too, aside from the door latch tailgate "fix"

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6590190227.html

This thing used to live 2 blocks down the street from me, hadn't seen it in a while so looks like someone out near Lancaster bought it. Rad truck, I'd love to add it alongside the Comanche to my "90's trucks with :krad: decals" collection but I really need to stop looking for new projects. Looked pretty clean overall too, aside from the door latch tailgate "fix"

My first car was a 92 GMC Sonoma that I sold to buy a late 90's Tahoe. I can't believe I was so dumb back then

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Imma gonna make a big mistake tomorrow. It is not an automatic. I also have an mgb so I know the pain of British cars.
Oh, and I am 6'2" I like tiny cars, they are funny.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Applesnots posted:

Imma gonna make a big mistake tomorrow. It is not an automatic. I also have an mgb so I know the pain of British cars.
Oh, and I am 6'2" I like tiny cars, they are funny.

Nice. I saw one of my old neighbors the other day cruising in his blue TR6.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

Nice. I saw one of my old neighbors the other day cruising in his blue TR6.

Those look fun too. I asked the guy selling it for a pic of the carbs and he sent me a pic of some webbers, So someone ripped of those poo poo strombergs and put some nice carbs on it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Weber
Nice Carb

Pick one.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Still, weber is better than a zenith stromberg and the adding of oil to the dashpot any day.

Butt Science
Sep 3, 2007

Posted on Facebook, only accompanying text "300zx race car The cars been sitting awhile just want it outta the yard. $500"

According to one of the local car groups, this used to be a Gulfstream engineer's weekend autocross toy, got parked after he died and hasn't moved since.
Edit: Apparently used to run in SCCA Autox in the Buccaneer region and Jacksonville Area.

Butt Science fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 22, 2018

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That HKS boost gauge and pod is worth about 20% of the asking price.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, even if you strip it and sell it for scrap you’d come out ahead.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

One good thing about the MT5 Taurus...it gave Ford an excuse to do the SHO.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bar/d/have-track-car-street-legal/6594483262.html

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-z51-chevrolet-corvette/6570630769.html

Been looking at used Corvettes lately since I'll never be able to afford a new-ish one. This one caught my eye because the color/model year design I particularly like and the price on it keeps slipping since it needs a new transmission. Looks otherwise very well taken care of, but is the fact it needs a new transmission at 57k a massive red flag for other potential problems? I've had rather bad luck with non-Japanese cars over my lifetime :sigh:

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Ragnarok the Red posted:

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-z51-chevrolet-corvette/6570630769.html

Been looking at used Corvettes lately since I'll never be able to afford a new-ish one. This one caught my eye because the color/model year design I particularly like and the price on it keeps slipping since it needs a new transmission. Looks otherwise very well taken care of, but is the fact it needs a new transmission at 57k a massive red flag for other potential problems? I've had rather bad luck with non-Japanese cars over my lifetime :sigh:

I know the tyranny in my 90 wasn't expected to last past 70k miles, but 17 years is a long time.

It could be a sign that it was driven super hard, but if you get a mechanic to look at it and maybe do a block test to be safe then I can't imagine it being awful.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
That looks like an incredible amount of fun. I'd have to paint it forest green and get plates that say "Mona Lisa" though.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

"SISTINE" more like it. The rotary engine creating the common mustang, in this modern reinvention of Michelangelo's Creation of Adam.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Bajaha posted:

"SISTINE" more like it. The rotary engine creating the common mustang, in this modern reinvention of Michelangelo's Creation of Adam.

Excuse u

68 fastback powered by an rb26 used in Tokyo doriftu

A rotary powered one is cooler, which is all that matters

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Not especially gold or not, but I laughed.

Oh man gently caress you I hate when people do dumb SEO keywords especially in the title! :argh:

Oh. :shobon:

https://rochester.craigslist.org/ctd/d/toyota-corolla-datsun-mazda/6586281196.html

Although he still did dumb seo keyword stuff after all.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Lazy poo poo, though. Would likely get better results posting each one individually.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
Probably a bait and switch to get you out there so Ted can sell you economy office furniture. Smart bloke that Ted.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Excuse u

68 fastback powered by an rb26 used in Tokyo doriftu

A rotary powered one is cooler, which is all that matters

It was sr20 powered.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

It was sr20 powered.

What was SR20-powered?
The Mustang in F&FTD was an RB. The Mustang posted previously was an Renesis.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

uhhhhh what's the catch? Even lovely NSX's are going for $40k.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-acura-nsx/6597435650.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, lovely NSX's are going for $6K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

https://prescott.craigslist.org/cto/d/suzuki-sj410-samurai/6598240594.html

Are these much good? I emailed him for pictures of the interior and engine and to get the mileage. It's emissions-exempt in NM.