Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Oh my :allears:

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/naples-01-subaru-impreza-30rs-h6-swapped/7703142947.html

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow, that looks awesome

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

slidebite posted:

It's made in the US at a Chrysler factory. Therefore, Chrysler :colbert:

I thought they were made in Germany by Karmann

quote:

From the Wiki page:

The Chrysler Crossfire is a rear-wheel drive, two-seat sports car that was sold by Chrysler and built by Karmann of Germany for the 2004 through 2008 model years.
Guess you're wrong

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm pretty sure the sum of the parts is greater than the asking price.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I like this guy's style.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

You Am I posted:

I thought they were made in Germany by Karmann

Guess you're wrong

Far am I to disagree with the infallible source that is wiki, but since the VIN begins with a "1" I'll say there's a pretty good chance I'm right.

I could see components made in Germany.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 17, 2024

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Looks like the engine was assembled in Affalterbach and
the car was assembled at the Karmann plant in Osnabrück, Germany. Why it has a 1 on the VIN is a mystery.

Also I can't believe you guys made me look up Chrysler Crossfire lore.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

00s chrysler couldn't even get VINs right.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Lol^

My guess is it "final" assembly in the US, not sure how much of it would need to be assembled on this side to get a 1 vin?

Would it be a tax thing?

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Powershift posted:

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=90038

I.....think i like the Crossfire Coupe now?

With everything else starting to look the same this thing looking very different might actually make it good.

e: Most of the ones available are super low mileage. like 40k - 80k kms.

They're kinda neat looking, and definitely unique nowadays. A neighbor in my old city had one parked on the street, and I'm pretty sure it's the only one I've ever actually seen in person.

Nitrox posted:

Any vehicle will survive forever if money is no object. Some people just pour money into maintenance and repairs forever and ever. There are jaguars from every generation, still on the road, and not by their own volition

I saw an XJS yesterday and did a double take. Pretty sad looking, had a ragtop with a bunch of plastic sheeting taped on in places, and the fuel filler cap had a bag over it too for some reason. Good looking cars, but mechanical nightmares.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

I think this was from Grind Hard Plumbing. I remember seeing this car on YouTube when I was going to build a tube bumper for my old forester. Glad to see he continued to work on it a bit more before deciding to sell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSSzBoGar4

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

<Eyeballs our '03 Outback VDC> Hmmm...
I definitely want to uncork the exhaust on the H6, but that will have to wait until it's not my wife's daily. The lift, however, she *wants*...

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Well this sure is rad.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/938117140636008

quote:

Seller's Description
This is the Runs Good Sand Runner 1991 Mazda Miata!
Sold AS-IS... some areas are pretty rough! (see pics) Turbo 1.6 engine runs great but transmission has issues. Shifter will engage, clutch pedal works, no engagement to the driveshaft. Not sure what's happening there... assuming that it needs a transmission. No battery, but I put one in to start it up for the video and can do the same for any serious buyers. No seat belts. No top. No key. 91 only.

Turbo Kit
Equal length manifold
Intercooler
Long travel custom suspension (Front passenger side needs reinforcement/bolts broke while gettin' it!)
Feal Suspension 441 coilovers
Torsen LSD
Konig Wheels
Sand/paddle tires
Hydraulic handbrake (drift brake)
Hard Dog roll bar
Winch
Boost and A/F gauges
Kirkey bucket seat

If you're not in love with the current suspension setup, the long travel can be removed if you have stock components. Could be a great off-roader, easily converted to a drift car, or with a lot of love a daily driver.

Bring a trailer, make me an offer, NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES.

EDIT - Oh, apparently "Runs Good" is a Motortrend show I was not aware of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIskRO9mBOg

WTFBEES fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 1, 2024

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

That actually looks entertaining. I think I'd protect that intercooler a little better, though.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm zooming into the pictures, and it looks like this thing was slapped together, used a couple of times and then put up for sale. Maybe because of the transmission, or maybe because suspension geometry is all kinds of wacky and they do not want to rebuild it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

nice looking machine

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Nitrox posted:

I'm zooming into the pictures, and it looks like this thing was slapped together, used a couple of times and then put up for sale. Maybe because of the transmission, or maybe because suspension geometry is all kinds of wacky and they do not want to rebuild it.

Yep Miata 5 speeds can't handle boost for long. Just weird all around with that one.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Some dingaling showed up in a smashed up model x to buy some biodiesel processing hardware off the ranch. Wouldn't stop harassing my buddy about my truck. Gets me involved. Yeah I might sell but I am not really wanting to. Express that This Is Not A Cheap Truck.

Fucker offers 4k. I ghost him.

Few days transpire. Dildo dodo doesn't get it.

This is a 3k dollar listing locally. Details don't matter since there are none.

Eat My poo poo And rear end Hair.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Send him a link to your thread, maybe that'll scare him away.:D

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Send him a link to your thread, maybe that'll scare him away.:D

Seconded. Or at least understand that it's not a $4 or 5K truck.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Which truck are you selling?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

My read of that was that he wasn't trying to sell any trucks :v:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The way I understood, is that if the price was good, he would consider selling it. Otherwise I don't see why that conversation is even happening.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

loving tire kickers, he knows what he got!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

what's wrong with "my price is $25k" to just stop the nonsense

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Leperflesh posted:

what's wrong with "my price is $25k" to just stop the nonsense

Then you move on to the buyer being insulted at that and attempting to make a case for why their offer was good and why you'll never get that and x, y and z, as if the buyer has any power of negotiation at all.
When you sell stuff long enough you get the feel for how people are. People don't stop.

One time we had a Hilux for sale here in the states, $15,000 asking price (this was in the before times). Three guys excitedly ask to see it, crawl all over it chattering away, bubbling with excitement, video calling people they knew as they did it. They calm down, the guy goes
"My problem with it is the steering wheel is on the wrong side"
somehow thinking that means something to me. I know where this is going so I do the grin smile thing and go
"yes and it's always been a RHD truck from Japan, this isn't new information"
and then the dude says
"$1,000."
I smile a bit wider and reply
"You want a thousand dollars off because it's RHD?"
gearing up to shut the guy down. Instead he says
"1,000, for the truck"
I blink, take a few moments to realize what he's actually asking. I point at the truck while still looking at the guy.
"The price is $15,000, you can't even get it here from Japan for under $3,000 (again, the before times)"
smiling/grinning wider since I now know what the dude thought. His face changes a bit, realizing, and he goes
"Oh"
and the three guys suddenly aren't so excited anymore and apologize, and leave.

Two things.
They thought it was a typo (as happens sometimes) and that the price was really $1,500, even though it was listed twice, once on the price part and also in the description itself just to reiterate how much we were asking. Not once did they ask, ever, on the phone, through messages, never.
The other thing was it was an 80,000 km manual transmission, diesel, long bed single cab solid front axle 1994 Hilux with AC. In our dealership warehouse full of other JDM imported goodies, clearly not something that just happens. They thought, for some reason, that the real price was $1,500 and still insisted on trying to get money off even though, if that was the case, you run to the buyer and say 'yes yes your price is great please let me buy it I'll do whatever you need just let my buy the thing'. No, he was going to try to get more money off an insanely inexpensive, widely desirable truck from a dealership that does nothing but import vehicles from Japan using the excuse that it was RHD.

In closing, lots of times people are dense as gently caress as is the case with cursedshitbox and his unable to read the room, out of touch, time-wasting mouth breather of a ~buyer~ thinking somehow he is doing cursed a favor. It's insulting, deeply.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I had a guy offer me 2400 for my 5 ton the spring before last and act like he was doing me a favor. I was asking 6k at the time and throwing in the 2 engines, transmission, transmission swap stuff, tires, and trailer.

Not only that he wouldn't budge on it.

I ended up getting 800 for the transmission, 2 guns worth 750-1500 for the swap stuff, 1100 for the engines (part of it in 4L80E cores that I immediately made a profit on), 1k for the trailer and 4500 for the truck and tires. All in fairly low stress transactions, too.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
We can wax poetic about all the people who tried low balling us on price all day long. But reality is such, the low ballers, just like lottery winners, get lucky sometimes. And it's worth it to them to keep on trying. People make a living from flipping cars, trucks, appliances, whatever. They want to do it at your expense, and it's up to you whether you let them or not.

I lost all tolerance for this poo poo long ago. I know what an interested buyer/seller sounds like, and simply filter out everyone else. "No" is a complete sentence. Begging, arguing or getting agitated when in a discussion past this point is never going to end in a net positive for YOU. It's easier to press the block button on the phone/Facebook than type anything else. And I literally turned around and walked away from people while they were still talking. While putting on aviators. With action music slowly rising in the background, and everyone clapping of course

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Kaker gets it. To engage is to initiate this moron's discourse I am 100% not interested in. They'll drag me down to their level and beat me with experience. Been there, done that, 15 years ago back before even the Rover Shop days. I don't flip cars anymore, but I do pretty good at flipping other things more worth my time.

Dude may have thought he got lucky cause I was covered in poo poo from crawling around in whatever was going on at the ranch that day thinking I don't know what I have. His assumption couldn't be any further from the truth. No is the most powerful word in the human language. If he doesn't get the hint, that is coming next. He is Not getting this truck.

Y'all know the truck in question. I sold the F550 last September.
By the way. This truck has put down more miles on a broken clutch and transmission than the F550 did in total.
So while it "needs a clutch" it's not a priority until it finishes shattering its second clutch. Despite that it's doing just fine building my shop.

5k dollar trucks do not look like this.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Agreed. I mean, I understand that nearly anything is for sale for the right price, but that's pretty clearly not the right price.

For what it's worth (nothing), I had a brief moment where you were posting about getting really frustrated with the truck - before a lot of the stuff you've done for it now - and I hadn't bought my Yukon yet, where I thought about trying to see if you wanted to sell it, and the number I was thinking at that time was a lot higher than $5k.

I feel your pain. I'm trying to sell my Mustang, and people are offering me V6 money for a GT with a smog legal motor swap and a couple other upgrades.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Nitrox posted:

We can wax poetic about all the people who tried low balling us on price all day long. But reality is such, the low ballers, just like lottery winners, get lucky sometimes. And it's worth it to them to keep on trying. People make a living from flipping cars, trucks, appliances, whatever. They want to do it at your expense, and it's up to you whether you let them or not.

I lost all tolerance for this poo poo long ago. I know what an interested buyer/seller sounds like, and simply filter out everyone else. "No" is a complete sentence. Begging, arguing or getting agitated when in a discussion past this point is never going to end in a net positive for YOU. It's easier to press the block button on the phone/Facebook than type anything else. And I literally turned around and walked away from people while they were still talking. While putting on aviators. With action music slowly rising in the background, and everyone clapping of course

I'm a proud lowball. Basically, one of three options usually happen. 1) get a stupid deal (rare), 2) you get ignored/politely told to gently caress off , 3) you get pretty close to their real bottom price.

The 3rd option is why I do it the most. Usually goes, I send email, get reply with something ~10-20% lower, I reply with, "that seems fair, but here are my concerns"

I am sure if you are a pro are someone who sales a lot, dudes like me make you go crazy, but form a buyers perspective, I think it makes sense.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Being a lowballer is one thing, but so many cross the line into acting as if they are owed whatever they want and their low ball price and you're the rear end in a top hat for refusing.

You could list a $100 bill for $95 and get people pissed off at you because you won't give it to them for $10.

I don't even sell poo poo anymore. I've got a lot of stuff to get rid of that i'm just going to dump on pallets and drop at an auction somewhere

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
No, it totally makes sense and I understand why people lowball because if it works the one time that justifies all the times it didn't work.

Just the best way to deal with them is to usually completely ignore them. There is always another buyer and they have zero say on whatever it is you are selling.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think there's a difference between haggling by offering 15% less than asking, and offering 5% of the worth of a thing and then not being receptive to an incredulous response.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

KakerMix posted:

Just the best way to deal with them is to usually completely ignore them. There is always another buyer and they have zero say on whatever it is you are selling.

for sure

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah one time I was selling an nv4500 transmission (again) and someone offered me an insulting price so I just straight up didn't respond to their email at all, and a few days later they offered me full price if we could get the deal done by Friday night so they could get their truck running again that weekend. So I took ten minutes out of my Friday night down at Pipkin's shop and sold it to them lol

I'm guessing they looked around on marketplace after I ignored them and maybe called a few full service junkyards and realized that not only was my price the best one on marketplace, it was also better than any of the ones they were going to find on car-part too, and that I knew that as well as they did.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

if i end up selling something on craigslist/marketplace i usually just want it gone and price it appropriately or free. the number of motherfuckers that want to haggle over something a third of the price it should go for or want me to deliver something listed for loving free is insanely irritating. i have no compunction telling strangers to gently caress straight off with that nonsense

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Arson Daily posted:

if i end up selling something on craigslist/marketplace i usually just want it gone and price it appropriately or free. the number of motherfuckers that want to haggle over something a third of the price it should go for or want me to deliver something listed for loving free is insanely irritating. i have no compunction telling strangers to gently caress straight off with that nonsense

For free stuff I just started putting it at the corner and posting the ad with a pic and the intersection it's sitting at. Absolutely no patience left for people who want me to hold til they can get there and then never show, want delivery, etc... I do make sure to keep an eye on it and promptly pull the ad once it's gone, too, because stale ads are frustrating as hell on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/hannughh/status/1776226056841593207