Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

glyph posted:

didn't a geo metro retail for something like $8k in 1992?

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/car/556430167.html

but it gets 50MPG!

Just to be fair to the seller, those pictures do show the cleanest Geo I've ever seen.

Just not 8k work of clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I just put a brand new exhaust on my 89 Celica, but that was only so it would pass emissions. Which it didn't. :argh: drat EGR!

Does that mean my car will be craigslist gold when its for sale in April? I only hope I can make it to this prestigious thread.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

dukeofurl posted:

Exactly why I thought it was hilarious.

I love the plea in the title of this one.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/car/557912154.html

It's only got 1 leather seat. I wonder if its the drivers or the passengers.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
The best part about that particular item is, you know what it was made for, and that the PO used it. No amount of soap would ever make me feel clean enough if I was the unlucky soul to pick that up.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I have found the GREATEST PROJECT CAR EVER. Guarantee it will make a poorly modified RX7 seem as reliable as a brand new Camry. Or a neglected 7 Series from the early 90's feel like a mid 90's Civic when it comes to maintenance.
Its an Italian built supercar from the 80's.
It has not 1 but 2 turbos.
It is Carb'd--so don't worry, it'll never run correctly.
It's prone to rust.
I think this one was the one with the botched 80's overly-complex German electronics, so there is that basket of fun.
It's $1,200.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/3092803731.html

I can't help but want it. My brother says no. I can't help but agree with him, but it doesn't change the fact that I still want it.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Mr. DICK TURBO is highly interested in one of those Biturbos. I want you to think about becoming him for a few hours before you consider buying that car.

It would probably be less reliable than the All Trac I have sitting in my driveway that is awaiting a new engine. I only put about 700 miles on it before it went.

It would look soo good on the back of a tow-truck.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I fully acknowledge this would be a very poor decision. Thats why i posted it here! I want some other local goon to buy this, so I can live vicariously through them!

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Negromancer posted:

Yea, it seems like a sign to me. He emailed me back, it is def the same guy, so that is pretty much my old car with a different body. He mentioned wanting my celica alltrac, which is still in pieces in my garage. If I did do a trade, I think I could avoid my girlfriend killing me for getting another old toyota. The problem is, despite letting it sit for years, I really like my alltrac and want to get it back on the road and I know it would be hard to find another one, but with my work schedule god knows how much longer its gonna sit.

I know I'm late on replying to this, but too bad you live on the other side of country, I'm thinking about picking up another All Trac and would be selling mine. It needs a rebuild (the spare 1st gen 3sgte would go with it too), but the body is rust free.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Negromancer posted:

gently caress I didn't realize that I could have gotten a AAA discount from carfax. Either way I got the unlimited one, so if anyone has a car they want to run send me the vin/plate.

I'm gonna PM you about this, I'm curious about one of my vehicles....

EDIT: And I can't PM you..... have an email or something?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Terrible Robot posted:

I am actually legit concerned that this will happen to my Celica as time goes by, especially the ECU and such. It's the bastard generation; first FWD gen, and the only car period that got the 3SGE in the US, for only 4 years. Really only the All-Tracs get any sort of attention anymore, and those are rare as hell already. Hell I know for a fact that the very last NOS wiring harness for them was sold to a guy in Maryland.

I just bought my other All Trac from him. He is a good friend of mine...

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Terrible Robot posted:

Hah, small world. He's a hell of a good guy, I drove up and stayed at his house for a 4th gen meetup back in...gently caress, 2007. He gave me a new hub/control arm to replace my bent one so my drive home would be less harrowing than the drive up. I haven't posted on st162.net in too long (out of shame mostly, I really need to fix my Celica), but next time you see him tell him 86GTMonkey says hi.

Out of curiosity, was the AT white or red?

It was actually a blue one. I already have a white one. I think I may have seen you at that meet. I was either in a red st162 convertible, or a white MK2 MR2 auto.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
No not Eric's. His was the caged one. This is one that was hidden away, had a whole bunch of stuff done to it but never quite finished before he had a Kid.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

kastein posted:

Yeah, uh, that's a 3VZ-E V6 engine and they're widely known to be a festering pile of crap. The problem with the head gasket repair is that it won't stay repaired, it's a flaw in the design, they get cooked by the exhaust manifold because it wraps around the #6 cylinder.

So take it out and 2GRFE that beast. Problem solved.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
To bad you are all the way across the country. I have a 1989 LTD Vic that I will be selling soon. I had the ENTIRE brake system re-done on it, and had the heater core done in it. The AC blows ice loving cold too.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
SO much want here:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4752476163.html

But I have 2 All Tracs that dont run already, and my AW11 needs a new radiator.... Someone from here should but this!

Edit: But I'm seriously considering sending this guy an email. I need to have a total of 4 Celica's like I need to be missing a leg.

Edit 2: I think I'm going to call him today and see if its still available.....

alternate.eago fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 21, 2014

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I just called and left a message.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

alternate.eago posted:

SO much want here:

But I have 2 All Tracs that dont run already, and my AW11 needs a new radiator.... Someone from here should but this!

Edit: But I'm seriously considering sending this guy an email. I need to have a total of 4 Celica's like I need to be missing a leg.

He just called back. It's still available. This could potentially be a stupid financial decision. But I might sell my AW11 to a friend, who will put his 7age in it......

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Dick Trauma posted:

Potentially?

I already have 2 st165's. How much worse could this be?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I could drive this while I work on my All Tracs (because they never work). And it's clean, and because it's the GTS, it has the 3sge, which is the All Trac Engine without the turbo.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

alternate.eago posted:

SO much want here:

So I went and looked at this today. There is rust on the rear quarter-panel by the back of the passenger side door. The front driversside fender is also rusty by the mudflap. Needs the valve cover gasket and the oilpan seal replaced--badly. Other than that, it ran really nice. I am not sure if I want to buy it. It would definitely have to much cheaper for me to buy it. I think I could talk him down a bunch, just have to decide if I want to......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
My brother won't let me call this guy.

I have this ad and the engine I would want to put in it open in another window...