Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

quote:

You wife will love all the creature comforts but have no idea that the turbo 5cyl (wtf sweedes!??) is actually a large montana ranch that keeps over 240 horses.

This guy is amazing. I came into this thinking it'd be another SPEED AND CLASS, but no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

If someone does, be sure to ask him a goon-based question so that we can be sure.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Seriously, just bolt it back on.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Leninboarrir posted:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/car/550405854.html

no no no =(
Why would someone who has spend that much time (despite the fact that such time would be horribly misplaced in such an endeavor) have lovely pictures like that?
Silly photoshoppers. Photoshop your scam trucks in HIGHER RES

Also, emailed him for lols

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Has anyone ever considered going to meet some of these people to find out what the living gently caress is wrong with them?

How in hell do you have such a low IQ that you cannot spell check? Or perhaps, y'know, spend more than 30 seconds typing out an ad that could potentially get you money if you actually SPELT WURDS? What the gently caress kind of value system is this?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Shank posted:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/car/559955002.html

I'm not even sure there is a fair price for a CRX in that condition without getting into negative numbers.
The doors open funny :downs:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

DropShadow posted:

I missed that. Now $75k seems slightly more realistic, but that's not based on anything.

How on earth could you drop 75k into a supra? Even for 1400 horse, I don't see what the gently caress could cost that much.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

I emailed the mspaint CRX guy, asking for close up shots. Once he bullshits me around, I fully intend on offering him $120 and destroying his hopes and dreams of selling his piece of poo poo car for too much money.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

TWO VW Beetle pickups:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/car/582228626.html

Christ, he wants WAY too much for those.

Yeah, it's cool and all (actually I think the white one looks amazing), but they're destroyed cars, and the white one wasn't a desirable car in the first place.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Grimster posted:

Found another local gem while prowling Craigslist as I usually do and had to share:

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/car/580725051.html

93 Civic for $6500, more rice than a chinese buffet offering 2 for 1 coupons.
Aah, oh well. At least the guy can spell, and almost takes the time to describe the car.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Zool posted:

1964 Convertible Bug

I think I would delinitely go with a mutual fund.

People try to sell beetle verts for way too much.

Why, I don't know. Maybe because they only made them for a few years. They're not worth much, really.

EDIT:
Wait..
It's a 64...

That's a hackjob vert. :psyduck:
With a freeway flier :argh:

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 23, 2008

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

DropShadow posted:

It's funny that a fire extinguisher has become a symbol of "speed."

Careful, this car goes so fast it could EXPLODE AT ANY MINUTE.

Hey :colbert:

I'm going to start carrying one, but that's because aircooled VW's like to burst into flame.

Or because I trust my fuel line job, but I'm also intimately frightened that something could happen.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

City Hunter posted:

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-over-5K-1995-FORD-CONVERSION-E150-ECONOLINE-VAN-WITH-FOLDING-BED-W0QQAdIdZ33689871

gently caress wood on the outside. Wood on the INSIDE'S where it's at. :whatup:

I'll have you know, that made me spew a little bit of milk out of my mouth due to sudden onset of laughter.

White stuff coming out is so topic-appropriate!

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

K posted:

Did you now!

Here we go, complete with airbrush of skeleton vomiting all over the hood:

HOOKED. UP. PROJECT. CAR.

I emailed him. I'm pretty sure that hilarity will soon insue.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

K posted:

Did you now!

Here we go, complete with airbrush of skeleton vomiting all over the hood:

HOOKED. UP. PROJECT. CAR.

I emailed him:

Myself posted:

Hey, I've been looking at your ad for the 91 Accord, and I have a quick question.

How much HP does the new steering wheel and boost gauge add?

Thanks!

Mad Tyte Yo Accord Yo posted:

lol. it fast but does not add hp. but when i get boost the gauges will be needed. thanks.your funny.

At least he seems to recognize humor.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

mythadile posted:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/car/597933490.html

rear ended by an oscar meyer wiener mobile eh

Not to bandwagon the usual, but that sure as hell looks photoshopped.

Also there's no such thing as a 69 super beetle.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

OxMan posted:

Bay Area shoppers, get your wallets out, NICEST CAR IN SAN JOSE is officially on the market.

Choice snippets are: I bought this car from my 91 year old grandmother before she died about 4 years ago, "put a graphic stripe on the side of the car", This is a fully loaded 1988 Nissan stanza GXE with 75k original miles, Do not waste my time because there is not one car on the market that has been serviced and driven like this one that you can get in and drive for the next 5 years and take nothing out of your pocket to maintain it.
No one drives like grandma drove. <100 HP of fury can be yours today for only 3200 bucks!

Really, it's probably worth somewhat close to that. 2900 doesn't sound like sich a bad deal if it's in as good a shape as it looks.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Simkin posted:

Still can't guess? Oh, all right (also since ebay links tend to not be terribly permanent). http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260230842519

Holy christ the engine is massive.
I've also spent a good 5 minutes attempting to imagine what that gauge could possibly be, and I've yet to come up with anything. I also see some pedals, a steering wheel, and then what the hell is the funky looking thing with all the valves and such?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Captain Cannabis posted:

"This car has pre-teen chicks running behind it the second you drive it by a school. Get some!"

Pre-teen?? Why would I want 12 year old girls chasing after me?? That is creepy as hell.

I live near this person, and that really frightens me.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Huggable Bear King posted:

This is the ultimate poser mobile:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/car/697241837.html

Wait, for the amount of money he spent on horrible aftermarket parts, he could have put it all into the engine and presumably had a Neon that was FASTER than what he was trying to make it look like. He had to have sunk a pretty massive amount of money into that stuff.

Good lord I adore people like that.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Aran posted:

Yeah.. uh... that's a regional thing, on top of everything else.

That doesn't make it correct. It's still terrible grammar.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Aeilerto posted:

Tricked out Honda!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/978072683.html

Honda person posted:

\I HAVE A HONDA ACCORD WITH PASSANGER SIDE STEERING YEP YOU SIT ON THE PASSANGE SIDE TO DRIVE. lots of body mods f-150 vent molded in rear fenders, i have hafe of the body kit -side skirts-front and rear bumpers were stolen, welded in licen plate box corvet lights in rear fiber glass dash board- needs finished, custom gas tank door off f-150, it looks good far as the body of tha car it is 89%ready to paint has black primer on it now give me a call r e-mail for more pics and all of the fine details, has motor and tranny has one lambo door price is neg....1000$ are i am open for trading,obo!!must sell this weekend no reasonable offer refused
i have clear tittle in my hand right now!!
haltom1120@yahoo.com
281-659-0054

Click here for the full 1253x729 image.

Past any questions of motive for such a project or the quality of the switch (the dash looks home made), is something like this even legal?

So I emailed that person, because I can't just leave something that hilarious alone.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Leak = fist size hole, I'm betting.

Otheriwse, :awesome:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

hey u need ur nins levelled?

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1021542013.html

flagging as best-of

Emailed him.

Me posted:

Good sir,

Is it possible to affix a NIN sticker to the back window of a 2009 Acura TL accurately? I have a large, well lit garage and a small stockpile of the required NIN stickers and I dare not try my hand at the sticking of said adhesive backed devices.

Other guy posted:

Good Sir,

There are no guarantees in life, so I cant/wont/refuse to make that guarantee in regards to your new deluxe Honda.

2 Questions I must ask myself when I get a curveball like this:

Will the NIN establish a BFB (Bubble Free Bond)? Probably.
Will I guarantee it? Absolutely not.

Also, dont bother asking me if I can test it with a TOOL decal. I get that request alot from Chevy S-10 owners. The answer will remain constant - Absolutely not. and my reason for denial is simple: TOOL's only go in the four corners, not in the center. Everyone knows that the center is NIN real estate, thus you are compering apples to oranges.

I will reluctantly agree to perform a self dispatched NIN centering/leveling package in your garage (provided the light is as ample as you describe). However, like I said - NO GUARANTEES.

PS - I assume you are in possession of 1 level (please be advised of the $3 laser charge) and 1 roll of measuring tape. I expect a positive response, regardless.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

blugu64 posted:

No this is awesome.

I replied once again

Me posted:

Good sir,

In regards to the application of a NIN sticker to my Acura, and your refusal to test with a TOOL sticker, is it instead possible to apply a mildly crooked Insane Clown Posse sticker on the trunk lid, nearly covering the keyhole?

Him;

Sticker Guy posted:

It is now apparent that you are clearly in over your head. It is a well known fact that most ICP stickers are counterfeit, and would quickly contaminate your deluxe Honda's teal paint job. Not only that, but we should be exclusively discussing window decal application - specifically expertly centered and levelled NIN's. If you are seriously considering these unorthodox testing methods, you may as well get your NIN slapped on at your local flea market concern.

I advise you to take a step back from all of this and gather your thoughts before you submit your next reply. I also implore you to consider who you are dealing with: a man with over 13 years of experience honing his craft.

Good day.

BONUS FACT: My NIN's are so precisely levelled and centered, that the United States Navy has reviewed my designs for their Nuclear Frigates - and not for aesthetic purposes, but fo navigational purposes.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 6, 2009

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

I just got a reply from him, I'm going to check them out tomorrow :v:

I suspect they'll be decent just to fox and drive for a bit, then flip. If the paint is bad enough on the white one, I might even practice painting on it.

e: VVVV I can't resist cheap AMC's :colbert:

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 15, 2009

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Simkin posted:

Hahaha... I think this is actually the first time, in the entire length of this CL gold thread, that anyone's actually gone out and seriously considered one of the vehicles (and been in the right location).

Checked them out. They're actually not too bad rust-wise (which is all that matters on an AMC), but the driveable one was making some very odd noises I couldn't figure out, so I decided to avoid it.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

:smith: as hell but goddamned if this isn't more evidence that Grand Marquis and Crown Vics are still amazing deals on a regular basis.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

It's a good thing Missouri is far away. I swear to god, AMC has never made a bad or ugly car.

and gently caress you people who don't like pacers or gremlins.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

If that was for sale for something reasonable, like $2000, I'd go buy it in a heartbeat and daily drive it to school.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Rad bicycle action
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/bik/1107562906.html

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

I can't decide if this is the best thing ever or the worst.
Either way I'd DD the gently caress out of it.
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1126044653.html

Ferrari GTO kit car from a 240z :smug:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

That'd be an awesome car to debadge and just have a neat looking DDable kit car if it wasn't way too expensive for a car whose body panels are literally falling off.

If it was about $2000 I would seriously consider going down and buying it, then just make it livable and leave it ratty, then swap in something ridiculous.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Grimster posted:

Ok how about some true gold.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/1187694225.html

I am really having a hard time not calling. My driveway looks like a used car lot as it is, I just cannot in any sense of sanity buy another car no matter how loving cool it is.

Oh my.

I really wish I wasn't so far away from this.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Jorsh posted:

I'm sorry, that actually looks kind of cool for a beetle body kit.

You sir, need to get your mind out of the fiberglassed gutter.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Unfortunately, that's only a grand or two off being a normal price depending on area-specific prices. :(

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Convertibles command way higher prices for no good reason (they made less). It's pretty stupid.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

It's a guy standing at the front of the car wearing a grey baseball cap looking at the wheels.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Nothing like this ever, ever shows up in Ohio. We get all the early year AW11 busted up ones. I want a 87-89 so very badly :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/5050323222.html

Yeah, that's some serious temptation. I need that in my life.