Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I'm honestly trying to sell some things and get $1600ish together so I can get over there with a truck and trailer and snag it. I really want something that can actually achieve the speed limit on the highway, but whatever 1 ton Dodges of that era are uncommon as gently caress and I want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Two similar things and a completely different third thing

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

There was a Samurai for sale here for $2k that turned out to be a scam. I was SO READY to blast around all winter in a tintop.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

boxen posted:

Just for the sake of argument, buying that might not be a terrible decision if you were just going to throw cubic dollars of of cash at it to build something crazy anyway. I think you'd be better off buying that for $500 than buying an ex-circle-track car for $5000, or something clapped out but runs for $9000, if you're going to put an entirely new engine, subframe, suspension, cage, bodywork, etc in it anyway.

I think it's useless as anything other than yard art for any other buyer, though.

Generally if you're going to be doing all those things, the price difference between a $500 useless twisted shitheap and a solid $5-10k solid car is nothing, but the convenience of not literally rebuilding a car from thin air is definitely significant.