Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Octopus Magic posted:

or something that's actually rebuildable by someone within a 300 mile radius. :sigh:

A while ago, when I was an idiot, I bought a Focus rally car with Leda shocks in the front. The seller was like, yeah, I used to ship them to England when I needed to rebuild them, but now there's a place in Ohio that'll do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/3730899089.html
He put some sort of aftermarket Hemi cover on his V6. Off center.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This. The stock intake mani on the 3.5's is offset.

I thought I saw the V6 but didn't count the runners. So it just has the plenum hanging off to the passenger side?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Cat Terrist will tell you that those are huge turdpiles that managed to rust even in Australia.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Crustashio posted:

Of course a cursory glance at 190rev shows that a bunch of parts are NLA so maybe not so gold. But I still want one.

The guy who bought mine budgeted a few k for getting his 2.5 Evo motor. Which doesn't sound that expensive all told.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The XR4ti wasn't intercooled like the SVO and used a T9 tranny. Though it was IRS.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I want this so bad:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/746924-fs-1981-931-carrera-gt-replica.html

Motronic -- are the 924 turbos a disaster?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Motronic posted:

They aren't very good, especially the pre '79 ones. They eat turbos like nobody's business. The nicest way I can describe the pre-79 turbo setup is "primitive". The S2 ones are better, but not by much.

The actual CGT/GTS ones have intercoolers and are much better. The problem here is that the parts are pretty tough to come by so keeping them on the road on any kind of budget could be a chore.

He has the GT intercooler swapped on, but I know you just love other people's swaps.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

99% percentile poetry:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/3788881917.html

The sign in the back doesn't seem to be in English. I wonder what was MS-Painted out of the foreground?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/3889737440.html

ad posted:

Pretty unmolested!
- The hood is really dented on the driver side near the fender, but it closes and locks fine.
- Front chuki/sharknose bumper is ziptied on, missing badge.
- Interior is missing passenger door panel, and part of the back seat.
- Driver side headlight needs a bolt for the motor to push it up, but it lights up and the motor works without the bolt it'll slowly slide down when you drive.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

DrPain posted:

:confused:

Oh god I'm so conflicted.

Can I put bigger turbos on it to make it not a slug? Or something?
I remember in GRM, this guy talked about how he'd stripped his down to 3100lbs by removing all the gadgets. He said it still was a painful car to own and work on, but that he'd finally gotten it to what we wanted. No details here:
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/5817/

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

slidebite posted:

Don't care what anyone says, to this day I'd love a stock 88 GT :colbert:

I drove an 88 and it was decent but nothing amazing. I haven't driven many mid-engined cars, but the Fiero was the least mid-enginey. I wonder how much worse the pre-suspension revision Fieros drove.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

The Viper might be called a success if you call building a car around a truck engine parts-binning.

The V10 they made for the first Viper was an original design, not an off the shelf truck motor.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

What would it be like if someone else raced you to your grave? Find out as some guy tries to j-turn you into a hole in the ground. No slow precession here! We roar off to your final resting place!

Incomplete conversion. Missing only the pneumatic cannon from Top Gear to 1-gun salute you into your burial plot.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

This model was manufactured over 5 years. Total units built: 1.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Nitrox posted:

Then pay another $1200-4000 to ship it, go through customs, and start working on the registration process, the length and expense of which will vary by state. Then $300-1200 to deliver it from port to your actual destination. The discover undercarriage rust holes you didn't see in the auction photos.

I bought plenty of action cars and it's always a gamble unless you're personally present at the auction.

Hmmm better debate him in the thread where he's been doing just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Be up front and communicative. It'll encourage buyers that you've made an accurate description of the condition.