Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

<Eyeballs our '03 Outback VDC> Hmmm...
I definitely want to uncork the exhaust on the H6, but that will have to wait until it's not my wife's daily. The lift, however, she *wants*...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

That actually looks entertaining. I think I'd protect that intercooler a little better, though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Send him a link to your thread, maybe that'll scare him away.:D

Seconded. Or at least understand that it's not a $4 or 5K truck.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Powershift posted:

Being a lowballer is one thing, but so many cross the line into acting as if they are owed whatever they want and their low ball price and you're the rear end in a top hat for refusing.

You could list a $100 bill for $95 and get people pissed off at you because you won't give it to them for $10.

I don't even sell poo poo anymore. I've got a lot of stuff to get rid of that i'm just going to dump on pallets and drop at an auction somewhere

Yeah, I've been meaning to sell my AE86 literally for a a couple years, but I have a very limited amount of social tolerance that I don't want to waste on lowballing assholes.
I just *know* someone will want that thing for $1500. It's only an SR5, but nah, bro. I've seen worse condition ones listed for way more. Then again, maybe I'll find someone who actually knows what it's worth and is willing to pay something close to that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Who hasn't done the opposite at some point? At first, I'll generally put up a listing that's significantly higher priced than I think the car is worth. That way I can guage interest and establish a price to start negotiations at without committing to anything, since I don't think the car will actually sell for what I'm asking. If it's not getting any traction, I'll lower it down to a reasonable price since there's no penalty for making a second listing or editing the original

Oh, of course! No harm in starting a little high. I don't mind haggling a bit, but as noted by previous goons, the folks that egregiously low-ball and then double-down in it are exhausting.

Powershift posted:

On the plus side your procrastination probably doubled the price.

It definitely did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

That's not a bad price for nowadays. A lot of Convertible-specific trim parts are NLA, though...
Hell, a lot of not-an-FD RX-7 parts are NLA.

Mazda fired up a parts program fairly recently for NA Miatas as a big middle finger to first-gen RX-7 guys. They probably didn't intend it that way, but there it is.