Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

madattheinternet posted:

When I clicked on the listing:
code:
***FORD / TRANNEY*** - $250 (orlando fl.)
I thought "boy, this guy can't spell tranny" then I realized he couldn't spell anything.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/1377114417.html

Is his name really "Danney" or did he get that wrong as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

quote:

Up for sale is my 1988 Jaguar XJS V-12 with the 5.3 liter motor. Paint is a 7/10 as it is faiding in some places. New Pirelli P4000 tires. Ran well untill i lost the keys about three months ago. Once it got up to temp the cad converter would smoke so there is probibly a hole in it. I've been looking for a way to hot wire it so i can get it running again. The Title has been signed over in my name and noterized, I can send it into Raligh and get it back to sign over to the buyer if you need it. I drove it up and down my dead end street several times a week to make sure everything stayed lubricated and it never stalled, or stopped running. Fresh oil, oil filter, fuel fiter, 6 new spark plugs. It would be a good canidate for the Chevy/Ford V-8 swap, a gold mine of good parts, or a great project car. I am trying to get a fraction of what i have invested in this car out of it because it would kill me to see it sit outside and get snowed on this winter. The price is $2500 OBO,so thats just a starting point, so dont be shy, send me an offer. I would also trade the Jag for any interesting car, ie other Jags, BMW, Alfa, Triumph, but I am really looking for a Porsche, preferably a 928. If its in good enough condition I will throw in my 1985 944. Thanks for looking, I will try to anwer any questions you have. 828-891-9815 or 828-489-6266 If one dosnt work try the other. I can send more pics.

It's like this guy is trying to remake Top Gear challenges. Though I'll admit, I am tempted for reasons I cannot explain.

Edit: Thumbnailed the picture and added a quote

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 30, 2009

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Joe Mama posted:

Ha, I work on these evey other day, except ours are Vactor Combo-Jets on 6 axle Sterling chassis. Can't say I've ever seen any on CL before!

In case anyone was wondering WTF these are for; the big hose reel on the front you use to flush out a sewer line of debris and then the big snorkle looking hose is for sucking poo poo up, literally.

Can I hook the hose on the front to the tank on the back, so I can spray poo poo everywhere?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Noni posted:

Oh wow, that such a great price with a clean, like new interior and all. I can handle a little body work and a paint job, I guess! Well, let's take a look at the photos.

Oh.

I'd love to see this thing being driven "around the neighborhood." Hell, I'd love to see it start.

Also,

Gotta admire his honesty.

quote:

Are you one of those people who dreams about owning a Jaguar, a Porsche, or a Ferrari? Then you’re an idiot.

If you’re smart like me, there’s only one dream that comforts you when you lay your warm cheek against your cold pillow at night – and that’s the dream of driving (and being seen in!) a used, white, 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante with 142K miles and beige interior. When other people count sheep at night, you count the flirting glances you’d get from others if only you had owned this car. And when your alarm clock rips you away from your magical dreamworld of Mitsubishi-ownership, you’re left with a feeling of emptiness and despair. I know that pain. I was once like you. But now, having achieved all of my goals and perfected my life in every way, I am reluctantly parting with this piece of 4-wheeled perfection. It’s hard to let go, but it fills me with joy to know that I’m fulfilling your life-long dream!

And what does it cost to achieve perfection? For you, it’s only $2,950.

Your car comes complete as a 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante ES White Sedan, 6 Cylinder 3.5 Liter (THIS CAR IS CRAZY FAST). This car is clean, AND very reliable. I would drive it across the country without any concern. If interested, contact me at (864)423-3100 and make an offer.

Fortune favors the bold. Are you bold enough to live your dream of owning a used, white Mitsubishi Diamante?

Edit to avoid double-post
2nd edit: I can't do nothing right

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 5, 2009

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

aksuur posted:

My brother's first car was an MX-6. Not exactly what I would consider "bad rear end." And judging by his picture, he was trying to plow through the parking spot and into that field.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

quote:

was $3500. '93 Nissan truck with top removed. I still have hard top. You can order kit to install hardtop or order soft top. this truck runs perfect. no problems! I will consider trading for a jeep wrangler or a Miata of equal value. I will also take a 25,38,or 357 snub nose on trade as part of price. call 828-712-2514 for more info

What the hell. It looks like he got drunk, hacked the roof off, realized the error in his judgment the next morning, and figured he would have to sell it since there is no way this would pass a safety inspection.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

omgitstheinternet posted:

Click here for the full 1023x767 image.

remember, none nicer!

Good god, what the hell happened here? I hope that's just the leather-dye he used. Though I don't see how that changes the problem.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Click here for the full 899x839 image.

"Minor Fender bender" means a small dent in the fender, at least to me anyways. This is a full-on wreck. Also, nice how he put up pictures from before the wreck.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Click here for the full 1603x1338 image.

Someone either has a loose grip on what a mustang is, or wasn't paying attention to what pictures he was uploading. To his credit, it really does look new.

Click here for the full 1004x751 image.

Taking a picture of a black car at night. Real good choice there.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

The more I look at this, the more I find wrong. The mind boggles at this thing.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
For some reason, I was looking for a Ford Bronco. I found this:

Click here for the full 1000x864 image.

He has an odd definition of a outstanding interior and "a bit of surface rust." For some reason, it reminds me of Top Gear's Eagle hammerhead i-thrust. Also, since I was looking for a Bronco, the inevitable OJ Bronco popped up:

Click here for the full 644x499 image.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
You know how pictures can tell a story? Look at this:
http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/2152788942.html

Click here for the full 780x769 image.

If the writing isn't horrible enough, you can see the life this car has lived. I bet the picture with the ruined front end was taken for insurance purposes.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

kimbo305 posted:

What the gently caress is with that black and white pasted in dude in two pictures?

Holy poo poo I didn't see that. Where's his head in the first one?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Real gold?

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/2136612572.html

Can't help but think he made a typo. He listed the ad twice, but the same price in both. If I had 2500 I'd take a look, but poverty sucks.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Raluek posted:

It's a 4-door. That's about what it's worth.

trouser chili posted:

It's a four-door. I'm not familiar with the going rates on Gran Torinos, but I know enough to know that four-doors equal lower value.

Huh. Well that's good to know, I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I know this isn't Craigslist, but I don't know what to make of this el camino:

Ad is here.

On one hand I know it's stupid, on the other I want it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I have found the world's only unmolested CRX, or at least the only one with a relatively sane pricetag.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/2474964429.html

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Lord Gaga posted:

haha without reading this I thought to myself "If that doesnt have rust on the rear 1/4s I will poo poo"

Guess I won't be making GBS threads :smug:

Your pants are safe, and probably will be forever. I swear Honda was using already rusted metal when building some of their cars back then.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 14, 2011

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Anyone want to follow 14 Inch down the rabbit hole?

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/5843591886.html

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
My favorite is "no title, but you can go to the DMV and get one."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Powershift posted:

I feel like we could write the quintessential craigslist post.

1968 dodge charger 440 6 pack hemi - $1

For sale, 1968 charger. No rust, needs floors and rear quarters. Runs well but needs a starter and carb kit. Interior is perfect, a couple tears in driver and passenger seat and cracks in the dash. No vin plate or title but that's only $20 at the DMV. Originally a 440/4 speed car but has a 318 in it now ran when parked, no fender tag. one owner, lady driven, never abused. $40,000 obo firm plus tax, will trade for $100,000 motorhome or 3 bedroom house. Pictures available on request.

MINT! (has mint growing through suspension, will need weedeater to extract)

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5920925552.html

Well enough as a ratty old truck (flame decals and JC whitney hood scoops, always a mark of quality), but is it just me or is the intake manifold kind of hosed?

I don't know mopars well, maybe this isn't anything to worry about. Hell, maybe they came this way. It just looks to me like either someone whacked it with a sledgehammer or the intake manifold exploded somehow.

edit: I was referring to the front of the intake manifold looking kind of jagged, but actually I think what I'm seeing is just a weird casting edge. So maybe this isn't as bad as I thought.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 10, 2017

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Carth Dookie posted:

Wheeler Dealers did an episode on this car. Check it out.

:aaaaa: I can't believe I never made that connection.

Wheeler Dealers is such a good show. Granted I generally skip the buying/selling portions to watch Edd rebuild poo poo, but it's refreshing to see a mechanic show that doesn't involve fat bearded guys yelling at each other or "this car could break the shop if we don't get it done in two days."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Well it makes my Comet not look so bad...marginally. I wonder if it would just rip in half if you tried towing it out.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Colostomy Bag posted:

One of those don't knock it till you try it...

Sometimes forgiveness is easier to get than permission.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Carth Dookie posted:

Cross posting from the Tinder thread:

Well, it would be an. Interesting date, that's for sure.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
At the risk of disappointing myself yet again, how are Chrysler interiors nowadays? They look good in pictures but how do they hold up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

https://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/d/hickory-honda-s2000/7276120212.html

I haven't seen one of these this low in years, I wish I had 13 grand. I already have an NC miata, but it's automatic and this is so much cooler.