Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reverend Catharsis
Mar 10, 2010
I don't have pictures, but I can tell you the best thing I ever got off of Craigslist.

It was a 2004 Hyosung 250GV Aquila. The picture made it look pristine and beautiful. And the price was unbeatable. I knew there'd be a catch at only around 1600, but given that my Roketa scooter was completely busted, and there were no other good offers? I took it. Even talked the guy down to 1400.

I was not shocked to find that the machine was not as pristine in the picture, nor was I shocked to find that the saddlebags were ratty old pieces of poo-poo that would make a hobo laugh. I was however shocked when the engine completely died because it was broken and ball bearings and metal shavings were bouncing around inside of it, forever ruining it as an engine and requiring it to be completely replaced (which I did, and I got a good deal). I was not pleased to learn that only two places anywhere near where I live would work on the vehicle, both of them being over 100 miles away, but I sucked it up and stuck it out. Getting a new engine, replacing the ignition system, spark plugs, basically everything but the frame, and tightening the clutch wire? Ran great.

I learned later that the 2004 250GV was utterly riddled and plagued by design flaws and problems since its creation; the engine becoming a big shaving-filled brick? Commonplace. Ignition system borking up and clutch wire loosening? Also commonplace. And you need to get some aftermarket parts otherwise the electrical system will gently caress itself to death and the factory parts are as reliable as a free healthcare clinic run by Ron Paul.

Truly I had made one of the worst investments of my life, but I still ended up spending about another 1000 bux to make the drat thing RUN. ...Now the only problem with it is the battery needs to be replaced, and the batteries 250s use don't tend to last more than a year at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU