Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The ad in the OP absolutely has to be a goon.

The DSM part is where I lost it, that was some :laffo: poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anonymous Name posted:

Can someone explain the DSM thing to me? I have no idea what he means by that.

DSMs are first and second-gen Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon and Plymouth Laser.

They are reliable in stock form. They can get unreliable when modified, and everyone modifies them. They mostly get unreliable because the vast majority of owners spend 20 minutes on dsmclub.com and consider themselves a world-class tuner.

They are getting older now, and are affordable to younger and stupider groups.

All these add up to make them generally botch-prone.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They were incredibly complex for their time. Lots of electronics and whatnot

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In high school I wanted nothing more than a drop top 3000GT turbo.

In retrospect I'm glad I never got one

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As someone who owned an 89 Wrangler, do not buy an 89 Wrangler, no matter how clean it is

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Probes were always interesting to me. I’m also partial to the 2nd gen ones with the V6 that positively siiiiiings if you uncork it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone who lived near a friends house when I was young had a Daihatsu Rocky. I always thought it was cool, and the Daihatsu name seemed so exotic a the time.

Thats my Daihatsu story, you should buy that one.