Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
So an early version of Excursion then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The V8 Lexus we got in the US is much better.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Me too, bmw guy, me too

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Go-karts have better everything. That thing is like Barbie Jeep in everything but the name. Easier to just build a different car if you want to do anything a golf cart can't.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't need better pictures to have a crystal clear idea of what the rest of it looks like.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

wesleywillis posted:

I know that used tacomas go for ridiculous prices, but have they actually started appreciating in value?

Like you know how the old foxy body Mustangs 20 ish years ago were all selling for like 1000 bucks, but now they're getting expensive again, is that happening to Tacomas now?

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/...Xt0TSiRbxf_YXHU

Look up a clean Tacoma from the Back To The Future era and see what those are going for.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It follows the same pattern as the Boomer nostalgia for muscle cars circa early 2000s

Now, the Gran Turismo generation, is pining after R32 skylines and AE86s

Those not interested in vroom-vroom, are nostalgic for "simple better times" that are represented by Hiluxes and old Rovers.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 22, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I wonder how much you can load it up, couple of tonnes easy

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Deteriorata posted:

If it's survived 20 years, it's probably one of the good ones.

Any vehicle will survive forever if money is no object. Some people just pour money into maintenance and repairs forever and ever. There are jaguars from every generation, still on the road, and not by their own volition

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm pretty sure the sum of the parts is greater than the asking price.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm zooming into the pictures, and it looks like this thing was slapped together, used a couple of times and then put up for sale. Maybe because of the transmission, or maybe because suspension geometry is all kinds of wacky and they do not want to rebuild it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Which truck are you selling?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The way I understood, is that if the price was good, he would consider selling it. Otherwise I don't see why that conversation is even happening.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
We can wax poetic about all the people who tried low balling us on price all day long. But reality is such, the low ballers, just like lottery winners, get lucky sometimes. And it's worth it to them to keep on trying. People make a living from flipping cars, trucks, appliances, whatever. They want to do it at your expense, and it's up to you whether you let them or not.

I lost all tolerance for this poo poo long ago. I know what an interested buyer/seller sounds like, and simply filter out everyone else. "No" is a complete sentence. Begging, arguing or getting agitated when in a discussion past this point is never going to end in a net positive for YOU. It's easier to press the block button on the phone/Facebook than type anything else. And I literally turned around and walked away from people while they were still talking. While putting on aviators. With action music slowly rising in the background, and everyone clapping of course

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
75 per valve, must be a good deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Many people don't seem to understand the definition of abandoned.