Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/800345598.html

For the low, low price of $500, you too can run your car on Hydrogen!

PAYS FOR ITSELF IN FUEL COSTS, but don't ask me why I'm selling it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

hatfactory posted:

I bet those seats put down some serious power.

From 0 to reclined in 5 seconds?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

InitialDave posted:

THIS HAS A GOOD SOUND SYSTEM HISTORY WITH CAR THE HISTORY ADDS UP TO 10K YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED WITH THIS CAR CHEAP ON TAX THIS HAS NO MOT DOESNT NEED MUCH EITHER THIS WILL FLY THOU I PROMISE THAT

A good "sound system history" adds $10,000 to the price? Cheap on tax? No mot? Doesn't neet much?

Where do I sign?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Grimster posted:

That screams LSx swap. Seriously, put one of the most reliable drivetrains ever into one of the nicest cars, the interior looks very nice and the car too, so just put in a drivetrain that doesn't require assloads of maintenance and expensive parts and win/win. For shits and giggles add one of those supercharging or turboing kits that pumps the 5.3 up to like 500 hp, use a 6 speed manual and just go surprise the gently caress out of some Vettes at the local track.

This really makes me wish I had the right amount of technical know-how and the required tools to do this. Mannnnn that sounds fun.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I'd rip the dumper out of that, paint it hot-rod red with the white top, and stick some bigger tires on it - it instantly becomes the world's most awesome pick-up truck.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I would buy the poo poo out of that hummer.

Oh wait, $67,000?

I would take out a huge loan for this hummer.

"Hello, Bank? I'd like to take out a $68,000 loan for a Hummer H1 with full hunting stan-"

"Wait, what's going on with the economy?"

"No, I haven't heard anything about this! Does that mean I can't get a lo-"

"Yeah, thanks for laughing, rear end in a top hat." *click*

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Oh sweet LORD that is a Bitchin' camaro.

If winter wasn't right around the corner, I'd totally sell my Pathfinder for like, $4,000, buy a one-way plane ticket to Miami, and still have, like, $400 left for gas to drive it up to NJ.

If winter wasn't right around the corner.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

bladernr posted:

Just imagine what that thing will look like when the next owner doesn't have 24s... has to put 15" steelies on it to drive it home... :hurr:

I'd probably put some 40" Thornbirds on that thing and go mudding.

OH wait, no 4wd!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Kotaru posted:

I cant even imagine the drivetrain angles on that heap, I wonder how many ujoints he went through.

While you can't polish a turd, you sure as hell can roll it in glitter.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Posting something that I would actually use if it didn't look like I was throwing a coffee table into the back of my Pathfinder:

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/907946770.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

goku chewbacca posted:

Tell me this isn't too good to be true. This is the cleanest Teg I've ever seen. Only 58k miles.

http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/912672476.html

Does hidden text universally mean scam? I guess it could be used to trigger search keywords without everybody noticing and flagging it.

Search google for the email address. Scam.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Advent Horizon posted:

Please pay me twice what this modified car is worth. Oh, and call me but I won't answer. Edit: And I live in a park!

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/1018675943.html

Those foglights look like boobies.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

While not quite Craigslist gold, have I got some pictures of a truck for you guys...

Wants $14,500 OBO in South NJ. But just look at that drivers side rear control arm bracket! The Rockwells, on the other hand...

Otacon fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 11, 2009

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

echoplex posted:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/1015398829.html

Hrrngh.

That is a Countach wing, isn't it? Or a least a rip-off one. I can almost fathom painting a DeLorean - even though you can still work dents out of the stainless and rebrush - but why is it always the worst of loving reds?

Can't tell for sure, but does that license plate say SMELLY?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Speleothing posted:

So, I'm a poor college student in Michigan looking to get a summer job as a wilderness firefighter out west- possibly Washington, New Mexico, or Alaska. I will have to drive across the country in a couple of days, with all my clothes & poo poo, and probably will sleep in my car.

So I'm wondering what the expert opinions are on the following Chevy s10 pickup:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1029889614.html

"Got a 1991 Chevy S-10 standard cab, 4.3l with no leaks,has a 5-Speed that shifts real good and has a topper. Has a little over 133,000 miles with a fresh oil change. Real good truck that starts up everytime. 1195$ OBO no reasonable offer refused."

Buddy of mine's dad has a '91 S10 - 4.3, stick shift - that he bought in 1992. He was telling me a few days ago that he hadn't ever put a single dime into that truck other than oil changes, and it's never let him down, left him stranded, or failed to start. I'd say jump on this deal - this is a very reliable truck.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I went to college there - there is NO WHERE to race within 30 miles, and the police there have nothing better to do. I would say its actually a safe bet!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

%%%THIZ IZ A AWESOME POST%%%

This reminds me of the Windows 3.1 theme - Hot Dog Stand

Otacon fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 8, 2009

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

vivacthulhu posted:

I finally got my own bit of Craigslist gold. I'm trying to sell one of my project bikes for $500, maybe a bit high, but given how people low ball on craigslist, it's probably the best way to get 300 bux.

15 Minutes later and I had a nibble:

Now I'm fairly (completely) certain this is the same guy who offered me $80 for my 320i that I had listed for $1100 so I decided that for him, $450 was as low as I would go.

What pissed me off the most was that I had already gone to the DMV and taken care of getting it retitled, so it was registered and titled, he pulled this same "I dun calleded the DMV" bullshit when he was trying to lowball me on my car.
I let him know he would be better served spending his $50 on Hooked on Phonics. Not today Mr. Redneck, not today.

Tell him that you'll take the $50 - give him the address of a known brothel or some seedy corner with ho's - and then call the police on him telling them you saw a man trying to give $50 to a woman in exchange for sexual favors.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

No more erotic service ads on craigslist. Prostitution is solved!

"Hello sir, I am interested in purchasing your "LIKE NEW" 2007 Mustang V8 but unfortunately do not have a lot of money. Could we possibly work something out? Perhaps 16 blowjobs, 4 acts of anal sex, and a Rusty Trombone would suffice?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Even if this is almost 800 miles away, holy butthole do I want this!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

A Comanche with the original 2.8L V6? I know it's only like 125k miles, but still, :monocle:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I live near Camden, and see those wheels all the time. They're like, THE default cheap 20" wheel. If only they weren't so ugly....

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Did the Eagle use vacuum lines for engaging the front axle? Or was it mechanical? I remember early Jeeps used vacuums lines, and they would frequently break - that car looks like it'd be a lot of fun driving down some forest roads.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Not so much Craigslist Gold as Craigslist Red:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/1784487701.html

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

vs Dinosaurs posted:

I would buy it in two seconds. (if it were remotely near me)

Someone on Reddit already purchased it for $150 - turns out the A/C didn't work because a bullet went through the condenser - he spent $75 at the junkyard for new seats and a new condenser and is piecing it together right this very second.

EDIT: Shattered driver / passenger side widows.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Grimster posted:

Haven't run across much gold lately in my CL trolling but by god, THIS is gold!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/rvs/1775760990.html

I don't even have a truck and I want it. I'd just park it in front of my house as a theft-deterrent system.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

True Gold?

1968 Pontiac Lemans - $5900 (Westville)

1968 Pontiac Lemans, Runs well, clean original interior, Nice Car, a must see to appreciate. 135,000 miles. Call with questions, 856-845-2161 At LaPollo's Auto, 1195 Old Broadway, Westville, NJ 08093.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/1846186176.html

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

More true gold?

1961 Chevy Implala Bubble Top - $5500 (Turnersville)

1961 Chevrolet Impala Bubble Top, 6-cylinder auto, does run, has a very clean frame, very nice floor and trunk, has been in storage since 1981. Have most of the stainless, grille and bumper. Also have original radio. Car has a clean title. This is one of the most desirable Impalas ever produced. $5,500 Call Bob (609)-352-4030. Will deliver within a reasonable distance.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

And last but not least:

Just click it: http://www.ccautosales.com/vehicledetails.aspx?VID=110679828

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1855833505.html

OH GOD I WANT IT SO BADLY!

Just.. not... $4500 badly.

Stick shift, manual, bench seat, short bed with cap.... dunno if it's got 4x4 or the 4.0/4.2 or the I4.... but I'm really very tempted.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

How can you love anything with the GM 2.8?

I hope, at least, that the 4.0 is an easy swap into a Commanche.

Not without a matching AX15/AW4 transmission. I too, love Commanches.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Found while browsing for a pick-up truck:

"Haha, wow! Surely this is something I can post in CL Gold!"
*clicks link*
"PERFECT."

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

"Never taken offroad... except for that one time I took the picture for this ad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

What? Is that a known off-roading spot or something? Because it looks like it could just as well be an unpaved parking lot.

Even if it is an unpaved lot, I don't see any road.