Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ThirstyBuck posted:

As a bonus I think Ford continued to make that same tired motor in the late 90 or early 2000's.

Yup. Last rattle of the Pinto engine was the 2.5L Ranger / B2500 in 1998-2001.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Q_res posted:

Ad says it has the Cologne V6, which survived until 2010 as a 4.0L SOHC in the Mustang.

That'll learn me to not read closer.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

Wranglers are indeed loud and incredibly annoying to drive in high winds. The hood will even flutter up and down, though it's not quite as bad on the JL model.

I had to drive my TJ in 40mph gusts last night.

That was no loving fun at all.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

It gets so much more exciting with a trailer :allears:

I will never, ever, tow with my TJ.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Bonus points for death wobble.

I've never had actual death wobble on either of my Jeeps but when I took one of those 40+ gusts as a direct crosswind, it pushed me over most of a lane and the whole thing had enough oscillation going on that if my suspension was any more worn, I'd have gotten it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Selling poo poo on FBM is just so loving broken. I listed a very lightly used phone and had at least 20 "interested" people but all of them wanted to ask the same questions that were already addressed in the ad, and nobody wanted to make a serious offer that was anything other than an extreme lowball. Most of them would just ask "what's your best price".

Put the fucker on eBay with the exact same description, photos, and price, and it sold within 24 hours no questions asked. Only downside is eBay's steep as gently caress fees.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Coredump posted:

Why I was led to believe it was very high and if questions weren’t phrased ~*just so*~ you might irritate the seller to the point of then not dealing with you any more.

Considering that's exactly what I did by listing on eBay instead I'm not sure what poo poo-hot point you're trying to make here.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Died of pulley-o

Perfection, and still better than what he deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I still can't decide if I'd rather have a 1.0 Ecoboost or a Honda L15 in my Opel. The 1.0 might be the only thing that makes the engine bay look roomy, but L15s are cheap as gently caress.