Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

The 9th Axiom posted:

Gee, I never would've guessed. :rolleye:

The 9th Axiom posted:

He just made an already worthless car even more worthless because of his "mods."

The 9th Axiom posted:

Great link! 500HP on a Miata?! drat! That really IS a monster of a Miata!

You know you can respond to more than one post at a time....see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

well, 4 spark plugs = 4 cylinders, rite? :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

TOTALLY NOT A SCAM

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

:psyduck:

The funnier bit is that he listed it as being "for sale - by dealer". No, I don't believe flipping shitboxes for meth money makes you a car dealer, guy.

I emailed him:

quote:

Dear Sir -

How did you arrive at "BOLNEVELLE" from "Bonneville"?

Signed,
Genuinely Curious

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 18, 2008

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo, is it just me or is Waffleimages slower than the second coming lateky?

No, it seems to be on the rag today

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
This ad made me laugh hysterically. I'm not sure why - maybe it's because he's trying so hard to unload this bucket but isn't smart enough to lie.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/justsomeguy77/89camry.png

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

hatfactory posted:

It's much easier to replace a head gasket that's only partially blown. :rolleyes:

well you can get like 12 miles before you need to fill it with water, so why even bother :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

bladernr posted:

For what it's worth, I always thought ganked meant stolen...

That's always the way I've used it, and I don't think it's exclusive to Down Under either.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Crustashio posted:

Ever since I bought my e30 I still check the BMW ads to see what ridiculous poo poo there is.

VERY FAST 3 Series M3 BMW

Click here for the full 1312x729 image.

It's like two ends of the retard spectrum.

uh...so fwd cars are more prone to rollovers at speed? :confused:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
nothin says ballin like eighteen foot rimzzzzzzzzzzzzz :whatup:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Throatwarbler posted:

I don't really know much about J-bodies, but Toyota was trying to sell the Z24 Cavalier (4sp auto only) for Y2.07 Million. That's more than a Civic Type R and almost the same price as a WRX. Were top-end Cavaliers really that expensive back in the day?

Nein. I don't think the Z24 ever went for more than 15k or so back in the mid nineties.

EDIT: unless the car they're currently selling as the Z24 is the US SS. Those go for around 20k I think.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

InitialDave posted:

I think I can provide them exactly what everyone says they're missing.*

*I'm tall, from Doncaster, have a fairly caustic and irrelevant personality, and can probably get hold of a wig and some too-tight jeans. I also have one overly-English mate with long hair and a short mate who would respond well to the term "Hamster".

That's a good thing, because your personality probably doesn't matter anyway :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

SyHopeful posted:

:911: (click)

I didn't know buying used American vehicles supported the original manufacturer. I also guess he doesn't care if he supports American tire manufacturers :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
From the :psypop: files:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Crustashio posted:

The "5000 dollar luxocar" ads are getting loving annoying on kijiji. I used to tag all the ones I find, but now the BMW section is literally half "2001 m3 $5000 must go". I refuse to believe people are that loving stupid.

I was noticing earlier today that the signal:noise ratio has gone WAY down on CL's listings as well thanks to these people.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Toucan Sam posted:

It's a 305 carbed '87 in the original yellow, '87 is the last year for that color so it will probably stay. I already picked up all the parts to fix it up also. I got doors, suspension, fenders, Harwood 4" cowl hood, Iroc nose, and lower front ground effect.

So, uh...can anything be done with a carbed 305?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
If this isn't Craigslist Gold, I don't know what is (copy/paste from VWVortex because the original ad is gone):

quote:

Car has 236000 original two engine shared computer miles. First engine was swaped at 200000 miles and the current one has so far 36000 miles used by me and it was 40000 miles used before where it came out of a rear ended totalled 2003 ZX3.So current engine has total of 76000 miles.No check engine light is on. next smog is due in March 2010.this price $2500 is without the sound system. call me at 209-404-8203 if serious and want to buy. DOHC ZETEC 16 valve 2.0 litre Ford engine, 25 to 30 miles per gallon. 5 speed manual transmission. 18 inch diablo bianca wheels with brand new kumho Escta 225 40 ZR18 tyres. AEM Smog legal cold air intake with K&N Gen 2 Fipx air filter Focus sports front and rear strut braces, red coated, logo engraved for superior cornering and handling. Focus sport crankshaft pulley and MSD coil and plug wires. MSD ignition system New Centre force dual friction clutch/pressure plate installed 4 months ago. Wings west whale tail roof spoiler and side and rear body kits. Wide rally or F1 type 3 piece wrap around wing, rare and expensive Focus wing SVT RED/BLK new leather seats installed 2 months ago. Front Erebuni Italian bumper, body kit Custom hotwheels interior, many extras. One chamber Jones racing muffler, sounds nice, great exhaust system. Bear Decela slotted/drilled perf brake rotors with EBC green brake pads. Expensive speedgraphics.net decals, you can easily take them off if want to make the car look simple and clean.

:psypop:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Something is wrong here... Does he really think that the decals are what's making this car look like rear end?

Based on the quality of his writing - yes.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Prelude Gundam posted:

Integra owners.. what can I say?

we aren't all like that, i swear :(

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sir Tonk posted:

You'd think that if you're owning Cadillacs, you could at least spell it right.

And that Datsun is killer.

That requires, you know...paying attention. I once saw a guy on CraigsList trying to sell an Acura "Ledgen". It looked like he was reposting at least once a day too. I bet he was wondering why no one was searching for a "Ledgen". :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Bob Sapp Please posted:

I wonder if his baby momma was one of the free rides.

I guess it wasn't so free after all :rimshot:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1113899725.html

Something about the horse's face cracks me up.

http://i44.tinypic.com/oanf5e.jpg

3 speed auto? that can't be right...

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I like how he went to the trouble of removing the A/C for that extra 0.05 seconds in the quarter and he lives in Florida. I'm sure that thing has never seen a drag strip either.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/1165113135.html

quote:

1996 Toyota Paseo 115k 5spd. exellent condition $1000 dwn (north mopac/ fm 1325)
Reply to: sale-raag4-1165113135@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-11, 10:48AM CDT

Type: Used
VIN: JT2CC52H1T0016306

VEHICLE INFORMATION

Year: 1996
Make: Toyota
Model: Paseo

ADDITIONAL VEHICLE INFORMATION
Doors:2
Engine:4cyl

INSTALLED OPTIONS

Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels
Rear Window Defroster
Anti-Lock Brakes
Cruise Control
Power Steering
Tinted Glass

ONE OWNER... Perfect Body, paint is in exellent condition, no fades or damage to the paint. New tires, and the cleanest interior you eill see on a 1996 paseo!!! It is as close as it gets to perfect as you are going to get.... come by and see it at 16203 Fm 1325 or give us a call at 512-310-7833

A 13 year old economy car for only a grand down? Well, my interest was piqued so I emailed the seller asking for a cash price.

quote:

$4599, its a one owner in almost perfect condtion. And it comes with a 6 month warranty with sticker price.

Thank you,

I've heard of highballing but...yeah. Even for a perfect (which this one ain't) Paseo that's outrageous. What's more surprising is that NADA lists clean retail for this car at $3350. Since when have old subcompacts commanded this kind of price? I wouldn't pay more than maybe 1500, and even that's pushing it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
It's "Untitled" because it's in the hands of a dealership.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Does "AT" stand for automatic transmission?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Tai-Pan posted:

Again, not CL, but...

Will update with an image when Waffle comes back online.

But for now, behold!
http://www.rangermotors-austin.com/index.cfm?pg=cl&showbig=&content_id=6156

This redefines, caring for, maintaining, and polishing a turd.

Just use Tinypic or something. Waffles is pretty much done.

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 30, 2009

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Craigslist: where "clean" has an amazingly broad definition
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1238329035.html

quote:

Bagged 2001 Dodge Dakota 22" lays frame - $5500 (Spring)
Reply to: sale-unbfn-1238329035@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-24, 8:20PM CDT

Clean 2001 Dodge Dakota. 104,XXX miles on a 4.7 V8 5 speed w/Hurst shifter. K&N filter, Flow Master dumped in front of axle. Sounds good and runs srtong. Bagged w/22" Player rims and good tread theft on tires. A/C and heat work great. One Viair 480 pump, 4 valves w/ 7 switch controls F/B/S/S. Tubular front upper and lower a-arms. Needs Paint. Want to trade for clean C4 Corvette, Rat Rod from 1920's to 1930's, or what else do you have? No junk offers please. keywords: slammed , air ride , lowered , slab , donk , dub , 20" , 24" , 26 " hydros, ls1 , ls2 , ls3 , lt1, lt4 , chopper , bobber, chevy , ford , 300zx , 350z , s2000 , nissan , honda , jet boat , jetboat , bug , beetle , classic , custom , slammed , lowered ,

:psypop:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Boat posted:

E: clean title maybe? I'm grasping at straws here.

NOW you're reaching...

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I just had to email the guy:

quote:

You do realize this car retailed for less than four grand twenty-seven years ago, yes?

I guess we'll see what kind of reaction that provokes. :v:

edit: according to wiki the car wasn't even available until 84 :raise:

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 16, 2009

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1268142226.html

:quagmire:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/1260463878.html

quote:

99 CIvIC 5-sPEED trANsMIssION - $200 (austin)
Reply to: sale-cngpk-1260463878@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-08, 8:16PM CDT

Y8 trANsMIssION....NO grINDs.......NEvEr BEAt ON

PrICE Is NEgOtIABLE

CALL:512-448-2919....DAYtIME ONLY...NO tEXt

KEYWOrD: CIvIC..INtEgrA..JDM...ACUrA..HONDA..OEM...MOtOr..rOtAs..WHEELs

It's one thing if you format your Myspace page this way, but why on earth would you format a classified ad this way? I'm glad I'm not looking for this transmission, because I'd have some severe cognitive dissonance about giving this guy money.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

kimbo305 posted:

If you're a 2na, you'd probably find _more_ cred with the ad. Just think bro, how many years do you have be on the scene to have mad type capitalization like that?

I wouldn't think too many since I associate random caps with 13 year old girls :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
MY GIRLFRIEND's 05 Accord LX has a clutch (and a manual to go with). v:)v

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Matlock posted:

Is there anything legitimately wrong with the Smart ForTwo? Because some dealership down by the river is dumping (with no reserve) one on eBay. About a week left on the auction, but it's only at $1,502 currently.

Besides being slow, impractical, uncomfortable and surprisingly thirsty? Not much. If you got it cheap enough you could probably resell it and make a quick profit. :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Lusso posted:

This is a drat nice little NA, but $10900? Maybe it'll be worth it to someone with the low miles.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1299016767.html

I want to say that Sunburst Yellow was a pretty rare color as well, but I'm not sure.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Becktastic posted:

http://sierravista.craigslist.org/mcy/1295785702.html

What sick person would do this to a Triumph?

the irish, obviously

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Yeah, I'm gonna hafta go ahead and ask you to go ahead and upload that to YouTube.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Swordfish posted:

List of terrible mods follows, then:

Classy.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1353259079.html

I had to reply:

quote:

Buddy, if you had that ridiculous (and apparently unfiltered) intake on the last engine you drat sure did gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
His reply was kind of disappointing, but they usually are:

quote:

no rear end so i did not gently caress up the other one cuz i still have and i also have a b20z just for your info and there is a net on the front of it to stop any thing from coming in "im not that stupid.