Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

captainOrbital posted:

I've read this like six times, and I think I know what you mean, but I would still need a friend to point the mirror at my wife's crotch.

That's what friends are... that's what friends are...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Hashal posted:

How much would maintenance kill me on this?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/3098588720.html

Crap. I just saw this too.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I really enjoyed my 92 LSC, I owned it from 2006-08, bought a California one for $2500 and spent about $500 replacing this and that (just one corner air bag, bought on ebay which was simple enough). Mine came with a neat Onboard Computer in the center console which had all your basic mpg etc. information, the exterior looked good, BBS rims, interior had these nice six way knock off Recaros and odd little eighties comforts everywhere you looked. It's easily the best cash-to-satisfaction ratio of any vehicle I've owned.

edit: it died not of natural causes, but to a brand new 09 Jaguar pulling out in front of me while I was going 40, I chose to skid into the Jag instead of oncoming or a utility pole.

spacejung fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 15, 2012

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

Apparently you got the best version, the 90-92 cars had a nicer interior (if not as nice seats) and tend to go for more cash. This guy has dropped his asking price significantly after he realized KBB isn't really the best thing to go by with an 80's Ford box noone seems to care about.

And have you driven Mustangs of that era? I'm curious what the ride is like with the air suspension, I've never owned a car with such a setup, and have plenty of time behind fox Mustangs.

My only point of reference is my friend's 84 Mustang but despite being the same chassis they didn't handle similarly at all. The air-ride suspension made it like driving a cloud but despite its 5.0 302 it didn't accelerate particularly well.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Cage posted:

I appreciate the condition, but really 18k? The car sold for 23.8k back in 1985.

86 Lincoln Mark VII =
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4147003758.html

Worst model year, ugliest interior, Buffalo New York where I'm pretty sure newborn babies already have a little rust on them when they come out of postnatal care...

Where do I sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Just out of curiosity, what's the best year?
I like the LSCs I've seen with the 16" BBS wheels. The wheels in the ad are boring and too small.

1992. You'll have the BBS on there unless someone got cute, a trusty 302, the best electrical system, knock-off Ricaro seats, best chance of functioning air-ride, and as a bonus the coolest trip computer (by Lincoln standards).