Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/542419879.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

BigKOfJustice posted:

50$ my loving rear end. Something is seriously wrong here. If I were to sell an item for $4000 and it would take $50 to fix the major issue with it. Just loving fix it and ask for more money.

Thats another craigslist MO:

"Uh yeah, this is wrong with it, but it's cool brah, it should be like $100 to fix"

Right.

I'm pretty sure the guy who wrote the ad wasn't completely serious.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Petekill posted:

It's a sleeper! That's why it's got hubcaps!

This is my favorite part

quote:

A pioneer deck with a sweet remote that can play CD's, MP3's, FM, Radio and much more...

No WAY! A SWEET REMOTE?! No on else has that poo poo!! Who do I make dis check out to? :c00l

Also, I love how he says he flew techs in to install the car audio so as there wouldn't be any visible sub boxes etc., then in the photo of the trunk there is an enormous subwoofer box right there :downs:

TurboLuvah fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 4, 2008

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

DropShadow posted:

Hey ladies ...

Never before have I seen such an example of SPEED AND CLASS

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Sterndotstern posted:

This sucks. I actually want this, but my house has room for only one Honda race car at a time...

Link? Where is it located?

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

K posted:

Did you now!

Here we go, complete with airbrush of skeleton vomiting all over the hood:

HOOKED. UP. PROJECT. CAR.

How the hell do you install a shiftknob backwards?

Out of all the things wrong with that car, why does that bother me the most hahaha

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

nanodroogie posted:

There are two Integra Type-R's on Portland craigslist at the moment. The problem with the first one is that he's not paranoid enough: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/car/590454409.html

I believe the second managed to blow up his engine at 10,000 miles and had it rebuilt. I bet this car has led a rough life (even though it only has 44k miles): http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/594047312.html

They're both in the sub-$13,000 range and clean titled, so honestly not that bad.

$12.5k for that first one is way too high. I know ITRs are rare as hell, but one with a rebuilt motor of unknown quality at such low mileage is enough to not be worth it.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

bladernr posted:

I heard a commercial the other day about there being 5 seasons... Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Deere Season. It launched into a commercial trying to sell me various John Deere farm/garden tools. Then this morning, a friend of mine sent me the favored car of Farm Community Guidos:

The IROC John Deere Edition http://desmoines.craigslist.org/car/638858985.html

EDIT: Grrr.. fixed table breakage...

$20 says that despite all the flashy new paint and interior, that when you open the hood it's a dirty as poo poo 120k mile 305 with a 700r4, never been cleaned or touched. Maybe has a chrome air filter.

Edit: Oh so it's a "fresh" 305...so it's still slow as all poo poo

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Simkin posted:

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/6340301

Damnit, I really, really don't need another project, but a six cylinder bike that isn't a Honda cruiser? :hawaaaafap:

We own three of those bikes. Heavy as hell, but when they wind up, they are fast as poo poo.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

I can't get a screenshot of the ad because I'm on my Blackberry, but I'll try to copy/paste the ad.

WTF is this guy smoking?

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/1045645150.html

quote:

I have recently moved back here from Florida. I have an engine I bought out of the race rock cafe in orlando when it closed down. Its very hard to describe it on the computer,however here goes. I new somebody who new somebody, who ran a transport company. They were supposed to take this car and destroy all contents and car. I paid them enough to take the motor. I'm told it was in a corvette either gtp or can am car 3 were made in 87 1 and 3 were raced and 2 was an exibition car,{car shows,sporting events,museums etc.} and race rock for last 5yrs till it closed. It is a 4.3 with 700+ hp. Before you look away look at the pics and tell me if you ever saw another 4.3 like this. It has no lie less than a 1000 mi. a retro fit crank so it's stroked, has retro fit big block aluminum heads, high rise aluminum intake w/ retro fit corvette tuned port plentum. Anyone who knows gm knows 4.3 is 350-2cyls. Also A Garrett 60 mm turbo, stroked motor built like nascar to do 12,000 rpm so faster you go more hp. If you google v6 corvette you will be suprized as I was to find out they did it and were most successfiul with the v6. Back to the 3 cars 1 and 3 were destroyed so #2 is only one left in existance! I have all inter cooler, plumbing, wire harnesses guages and computer which says gm prototype, that was in the car. Have a truelly one of a kind racer that will perform like nothing else. I also bought a 1995 t-top camaro for the donor car it actually runs and drives and is in primer. I spent $5,000.00 on the motor and 1,200.00 on the car and figure it will take probably another 5-10,000 to finish, and have the nastiest car around but hard times and baby on the way,{toys ain't so important right now} besides I have others. I would like to get closest offer to $5,000.00 or interesting trade. Trust me pics do no justice in person is when your jaw really drops and best of all if you don't know what your lookin at it looks totally stock. It cost at least $5,000.00 to get a true 500 hp and be same as everyone who has a musclecar. Nobodies seen this. Call me with any ?'s or offers please I'm not that desperate so think a little MY name is Dan my # is {413}-512-0726 Thank you for your time.

12,000 rpm! :what:

Looks just like a stock motor! You don't say? With retro-fitted big block heads?? NO WAY!

TurboLuvah fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 28, 2009

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Simkin posted:

From what I can find, the V6 Corvettes in GTP were running the turbo'd Buick V6, with displacements of 3.4L and later 3.0L. Maybe he's dyslexic?

Yeah I don't know, the only thing I can think of is that it's just a turbo 4.3 out of a Syclon/Typhoon, and this guy has no idea.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

What kind of dog is that a Pomeranian? Holy Christ :psyduck:

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

"[ELP posted:

"]
I grew up in Palm Desert so I couldn't help but click this ad, I probably went to high school with this guy :|

I'm in the process of building a new V7 STI engine and it didn't even cost me 7k... (Only 4.7 with forged pistons including labor to remove old engine/install) So it sounds like this car has been completely destroyed and rebuilt or he got scammed by someone who overcharged the gently caress outta him.

Yeah, that someone was a Subaru dealership.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

oxbrain posted:

Grayhound bus converted to RV, ho hum, it's diesel, it has a 19" tv and a generator. Did I mention it comes with a loving sweet mini-festiva?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rvs/1268449244.html

I want this so loving bad.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Haha that show is loving comedy gold, they should keep making more of it.

Also, what a piece of poo poo car for someone who thinks they're a baller, a 1999 528i is the ultimate poseur mobile.

Toucan Sam posted:

When's the last time someone got laid because they were driving a Camry?

When's the last time someone got laid because they were driving a 3rd Gen Camaro?

TurboLuvah fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 26, 2010

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah, I live a few towns over from Palmer. I've been looking at all the Craigslist sections for all of Massachusetts as well as Rhode Island and New Hampshire. Didn't think of NY though, I'll add it to the routine.

Having lived in Amherst, and my wife's family being in Chicopee, I"m on Western MA CL quite a bit looking for cars, and I can agree with you, the majority of them out there are overpriced, riced, rusted out shitboxes. It takes some time, took me 6 months of looking to find an old man owned, unmolested WRX wagon wth 50k on it. It can be done, it just requires patience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Actual craigslist gold? SOMEONE BUY THIS

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/3366614511.html