Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
No photos, but this description was pretty bad:

quote:

2000 CHEVY IMPALA(63123mil) POLICE CAR - $3700 (East Harlem)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-02-05, 10:08PM EST

This car is in a great condition. Nothing is wrong with it is a very fast car. It got power every thing, cd,tape & am&fm radio. this car come from (n.y.c.h.a).So if u r looking 4 a low millage car u just found one. No dent. this car turn into a very dark color at night so is like having 2 car 4 the price of 1. if u dont have da $$ dont call.#646-539-0867

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

2002 Rolls Royce Conversion Phantom Limousine SUV 4x4 - $50000
THIS IS NOT ORIGINAL ROLLS ROYCE !
Rare One of a Kind conversion Rolls Royce Truck. Over $150,000.00 Invested in this exclusive Limousine 4x4 suv Truck.

Searching for 'invested' does turn up some gems, but mostly it's like SALVAGE TITLE '01 WRX dont lowball me 16995 FIRM

edit: stripped '86 Corolla for 6k, '94 Mustang for 15k, ricey salvage WRX for 13.6k, SEE?

enziarro fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 10, 2008

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

That car is like what I wish this listing was.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/car/579926280.html

quote:

1978 malibu wagon - $6000
Date: 2008-02-19, 8:59PM EST

Silver custom paint 400 small block crate motor. 700r4 tran possi rear 390 gears brand new custom exhaust flowmasters, and brandnew wheels. Car is in great condition. Negotiable...
Serious inquiries only. contact Joe at 646-642-9319

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

Well that CRX that was racing the crazy drag Banshees in that one Youtube video blew up pretty catastrophically and the dudes had to run to a nearby gas station to get a fire extinguisher. I don't think it's a bad idea to keep one even though this one has undoubtedly been installed 'for show'. Still, imagine what that thing's gonna do in an accident. Keep one in the car, but put it in the trunk.

enziarro fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 27, 2008

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

Holy poo poo someone give me a thousand dollars right now
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/car/699253406.html

quote:

1975 BMW 2002 BABE Rally Veteran. Perfect Burning Man Car! - $1000 (Stony Brook)

For Sale is a 1975 BMW 2002. This vehicle was a competitor in BABE Rally 2008. In the past week it has been driven from New York to New Orleans and back in the BABE Rally competition. It easily made it there and back.
As you can see the vehicle is decorated as a space shuttle. It includes the LED number lights, port and starboard marker lights, tail fin, tail fin strobe light, and thruster lights. It does not include the Hella fog lights and sheepskin seat covers that are seen in some pictures.
The odometer reads 34361 miles however it is my opinion that as it has 5 digits it has at least 100,000 more. There is rust on the car. The floorboards and spare tire well have been patched. The rear shock towers have been welded. The car runs and drives, it has proven that by the 3500 miles it has driven in the past week. The clutch needs to be adjusted and there is a vacuum leak that needs to be diagnosed as well. A few hours in competent hands should have it running perfectly. The engine is a gem and should provide years of service.
The car comes equipped with a weber carburetor. It has recently been tuned. I have also installed a new starter, set of points, condenser, spark plugs, battery, ignition points, coil pack, fan belt, distributor cap, fuel lines, and fuel tank. The car has a current NY State inspection sticker.
This car is perfect for anyone looking for a burning man vehicle or for a unique one off BMW 2002. You can show up and drive the car away, it starts right up. As you can see the car is currently personalized for my rally team. I will gladly personalize if for the new owner. I have a clear title in hand for the car. It comes with a couple of spare steel wheels and tires, receipts from the previous owner, various spare parts and trim, and an extra seat from a 320i as the original drivers seat needs to be reupholstered.
The car can be viewed by exit 62 off of the Long Island Expressway by appointment. Please email or call 631-241-1565. I can only show the car on weekends.
The vehicle is sold as is. I will sell worldwide. Shipping is up to the buyer. I will be glad to make the vehicle available for a shipper to pick it up after payment has been received.

More photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/jmonheit/2002ASpaceOdyssey

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

Holy poo poo, someone decided to make the most of their new vinyl cutter.

quote:

VEHICLE CONDITION & HISTORY
EXTERIOR CONDITION
Excellent Overall Exterior Condition

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si. Beautiful. 4-Cyl. 2.0 Liter , 5 Speed Manual, loaded with air conditioning, Power Steering, power Windows, Tilt Wheel, Moon Roof, Power Door Locks and Cruise Control.
:barf:

enziarro fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 7, 2008

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

What a beauty:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/908655897.html

I was looking for ugly, and was surprised to see my loving neighbor's car:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/908185898.html
Pretty sure my Volvo has bigger rotors inside 15" wheels... 'custom ragtop' is knock-off 'Dior' fabric. Too bad it doesn't come with THAGOOSE plates. 1000+ watt system puts out nothing but BRAPPP RATTLE

How can this guy not include a photo of his hood mural:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/903943263.html
Anyone wanna try and get a photo out of him?

Don't get too many donks this far north:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cto/904513127.html
SO KRISPY

enziarro fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 7, 2008

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

Holy poo poo.

quote:

TopGear.com Intern (Midtown East)
Date: 2008-12-16, 12:26PM EST

Do you:
-Live in or around New York City?
-Attend a college or university that will give you course credit for an internship?
-Have opposable thumbs?
-Love cars more than you heart your little Sister?
-Install a fiber optic backbone to more quickly torrent new "Top Gear" episodes?
-Fantasize about slaving over TopGear.com minutiae for free while drinking bad coffee? If you answer yes to most of these questions, you might be the right guy/girl for us.

You'd start in January.

Musts:
-Feel confident whipping through the creation and processing of documents and spreadsheets.
-Be able to distinguish a Caterham from a Catera.
-Love fluorescent-lit cube farms.
-Really, really want to be here.

Big Pluses:
-Web publishing experience
-Photoshop, Flash, and video-editing skills
-Be able to distinguish a Lancia Fulvia from a Lancia Flavia.

Deal breakers:
-You'd rather watch that other show with Gear in the title
-You don't have an opinion about the worst car ever made

To apply submit resume to https://www.bbcamerica.com/employment.jsp

We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.

* This is a part-time job.
* This is an internship job
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 960139630
:monocle::fh:

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

gently caress yeah it's awesome, that's the kind of car that makes me want to bus it across the country and have a funky adventure trying to drive it back. On one hand it's a Festiva, on the other it'd be riding on those tires. What do you think 3,000 miles worth of fuel'd end up being?

enziarro fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

:argh: