Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

_firehawk posted:

My guess is a G8 wrecked in the rear mated to an imported Ute rear end. Then prettied up.

Looks like it.

AutoCheck Vehicle History Report posted:

04/14/2011 GA
State Agency REAR IMPACT REPORTED
SEVERE DAMAGE REPORTED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2945808949.html

1001 made for Thrifty rental. Neon 80's blue interior trim comes standard.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Barry Weiss (on Storage Wars) has this COE and it's pretty much the best:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

slidebite posted:

Jesus christ, that's factory? :psypop:
What were they thinking?

Also 5-speed manual in a rental. Badass is what they were thinking.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Genuine gold:

Emailed the seller 1.5 hours after it was posted, but that was far too late of course. Sold already. :(

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

:catstare:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Holy crap.

- Custom dualies at all 4 corners
- Wind-up toy prop on the trunk
- Realtree wrap
- Grenade hood ornament (built by and for goons?)
- Powered by 4 naturally aspirated cylinders of FURY. At altitude.

All this can be yours for $7999. This is amazing.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 26, 2013

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

$10k for that. No thanks.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Here's a gem:

.. what?

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Since they're so plentiful, why not hold out for at least a 350 or maybe a 454? Remember, that's the nadir of the Malaise Era, 5000 lbs of truck and 100hp is not my idea of a good time.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

This is my dad's '77 Sierra Classic 3/4 ton 454. It's slow. I think it's closer to 5k than it is 4k, IOC. ;) I weighed it at the dump a few years ago and it was about 4900 lbs, I'll see if I can find the pic. Can't imagine the I6 would be that much lighter.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Dr.Caligari posted:

What kind of mpg that beauty getting? 8mpg when rolling downhill with the engine off?

I do like it. My grandpa had a 80s blue sbc, I loved riding in it. It seemed very big and powerful at the time

Yeah, it's not pretty. 10mpg is generous. It doesn't help that the factory 3-speed doesn't have an overdrive.

Once I have a place for that beast, it will be restored and it will get a 4 speed... Oh yes.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Who doesn't like a V8 AWD manual wagon?

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

that....that's not the 4.2 is it

Yo dawg I herd you like sludge

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I think this speaks for itself:

Also this - which the first time I saw it listed for sale a few years back, the owner was asking $220k+:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Apologies if this has shown up before, but it's amazing:

The car is one thing, but this is the kicker:

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/comuta-car-citi-car-electric/6335907882.html

All I can think is that dad was going for some American Gothic here. But ... PT Cruiser? Really?

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Nohearum posted:

Been looking for a reasonably priced Samurai for a while. This popped up today. It's IFS but I might have to go check it it. I'm a bit terrified by the lack of aftermarket support though...
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/clean-title/6629962996.html

Funny, 14ID and I went and looked at that one Friday AM. Smoked in, rocker damage, and it made undesirable noises from the bottom end (incidentally all much like 14ID) - I passed. :(

Unrelated:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Nohearum posted:

Yeah I passed too. The owner keeps dropping the price every 24 hours (down to $1000 now). They also keep adding more stuff that's wrong with it every time they drop price. Latest update states the engine has overheating issues. I appreciate their honesty but why not lay out all the issues the first time you post it?

She didn't seem too surprised when we passed on it initially, so she either knows it's not right or keeps having people inform her it isn't running right. Re: overheating, that's new - when we saw it there was coolant around the radiator cap and she stated that was because she had added coolant to it Friday AM. I like how her pic of the thing doesn't show the rocker damage on the left side either. Oh well!