Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I was looking for a replacement car for my Miata a week ago, and came across a 2000 MR2 for 6400.

Here's the latest ad: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/546893678.html

quote:

New Engine at 70k (dealer forgot to refil with oil)

But this ad says something different (15 Jan): http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/540435531.html

quote:

New Engine at 60k (dealer forgot to refil with oil)

And the original ad said new engine at 100k.

CARFAX came up with a couple of gems too:

quote:

05/01/2004 - Accident reported in Wake County Involving a left rear impact with another motor vehicle Very minor damage reported

08/17/2004 - Accident reported in Wake County Involving right front impact with another motor vehicle Minor/Moderate damage reported

03/06/2007 - Failed emissions inspection

What a steal. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/544834549.html

quote:

I installed a new upscale CD player with Detatchable face which I am willing to let stay in the car when I sell it. It also has Premium aftermarket alloy racing wheels which were over $2,000 new! All of the tires have plenty of tread: two are brand new!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

DropShadow posted:

Well, it is 24 years old.

This post is from the future!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

streetlamp posted:

Now this is some loving speed and class

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/car/554836406.html

Thanks for the history lesson :confused:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/907259918.html

quote:

1971 OPEL GT

Car is complete minus front seat. Engine is intact including radiator. Was running a few years ago. I do not have a title. Will sell for 250.00 OBO

Complete minus steel.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah, you guys are acting as if you've never sold your daughter into white slavery for a 4K TV before.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B00CMEN95U/R1HFGHQE5PBV74/ref=mw_dp_cr?cursor=1&sort=rd

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Crustashio posted:

Absolutely rustfree and good paint with no oxidation? 1000 tops since it's a diving board model. But I don't believe in the ridiculous inflated cult prices of e30s. The asking prices on r3v these days are absurd.

I have the January issue of Roundel in front of me if you want to see some ridiculous poo poo. :v:

e: lol

Phone fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 5, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The Gallardo is basically an R8 with a body kit.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm in no position to buy a tow vehicle right now, but in the fall when I get my bonus...

I know I'll need to look out for hop-ons, but this seems to be kinda perfect. Don't have to worry about storing a trailer or anything.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
At the VIR 24 Hour Chump Classic, there was an F or E-750 and it looked loving amazing. We're getting the Transit proper this year with either the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost or an I5 Powerstroke. I know that places like Westfalia will be doing conversions on them which will be way too much money, but also way cool.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Elephanthead posted:

I would totally buy a haunted car. You don't need to put gas in it and you can just tell your work that your car won't go where you are driving it so you don't know when you will be in.

A huge fan of Wangan Midnight, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cool, I get to add to this thread. I got a hot boner for a wagovan seen here:

quote:

NO TRADES. . .. . .. . .. NO TRADES. . .. . .. . ... NO TRADES. . .. . ..

I have owned this car since 2011. It is an amazing, unmolested car that I have vowed to keep original and would've loved to completely "restore" this neat car. The car sits in a temperature controlled garage and will remain there until sold. I recently got married and have taken a new job that has forced me to sell my prized procession. I am very detail oriented and will try to hit all the highs and lows of this car.

*Everything mechanically, electrically, etc. works as it should with no quirks.

1989 Honda Civic RT4WD

Clean Carfax- no known accidents reported, 6 owners. (I purchased a Carfax 7/20/14 and have lost it in the midst moving. I will produce or purchase another Carfax if needed for buyer)

177,622 miles

Factory Options: (this car has all the rare pieces Wagon owners search for)
4WD
Manual 6spd (5spd with a low gear)
Air Condition (Blows freezing cold, have never had to charge the system)
Power Steering
Honda Cargo Cover
Rear Speaker Pods with Speakers
Passenger Cargo Tray
14'x5.5 RT4WD Wheels
4 Factory Floor mats

Non-factory parts installed:
Honda High Power System Radio with Equalizer (really awesome)
LED's for the interior dome and cargo light

-Clutch was replaced in 2012
- Oil Changed every 3k miles. Does not burn oil.
- Nothing Leaks
- Tinted windows 9/1/2014 by Tint World 30% Fronts, 20% Rears (lifetime warranty)
-Transmission shifts like butter
-Heat and Air Condition function excellently

Paint/Exterior:
The paint is in great condition for a 25 year old car. It does have a few flaws and I have attempted to take pictures of each. The passenger fender as a few dents in it, I have a spare factory fender in good condition if buyer wants it. The driver's rear fender well has a minor spot of surface rust (shown in pictures below) about 3-4 inches. A very easy fix if someone would even bother fixing. The rear bumper has a scuff on the passenger side (shown in pictures below). The wheels look great and are all original.

Interior:
The interior is awesome! The rear seats are flawless, the passenger seat is pretty clean (hit it once with a wet vacuum and it would be perfect), the driver's seat is in need of cosmetic repair (see pictures). In 2012 I removed all the interior and wet vacuumed the interior carpet, it still looks great. The driver's floor mat has been worn out but still holds its shape, but the 3 passenger carpets look good. The headliner is flawless, I can't believe how well it's been taken care of. The Passenger Cargo Tray is in great condition and functions. The Speaker Pods are in good condition and function. The door panels are in good condition but have a very few blemishes in them (you may be able to spot them in the pictures, very minor).

Engine/Transmission:
Not much to say here. Everything is original, the timing belt was replaced at 120k by the previous owner. No leaks, etc. New battery in 2012.

PRICE
$4000.00

I am open to offers, but I am currently pretty firm on the price. Please do not bash the price. I am truly looking for someone to take care of this car as I did.

Expensive, but looks clean and the interior looks great. Send off an email, and get a reply:

quote:

I am unfortunately in the middle of moving to Wilmington. The car is in the garage at my house outside of greensboro. I'll be at my greensboro house until this Saturday. It seems that we have conflicted schedules.

I do not have any service records, it's quite a story how I got the car (nothing bad, just interesting). If you'd like to call me, I'd be glad to answer any questions and tell you about the car

That's weird, I'd love to hear about how you got the car, though:

quote:

Long story short: in 2010 I worked at Wells Fargo and a guy pulled up in this wagon. I went crazy and told him to contact me first if he ever sold it. In 2011 he came into my office like a bat out of hell telling me his wife caught him cheating and he needed cash immediately for a lawyer, etc. I bought it, he was supposed to bring me the arm rest for the center console and paperwork for the car. I never heard or saw him again.

The car isn't registered right now so I wouldn't be able to come to you if that's what you were thinking. I am available all day if you were able to come by.

Long story short: this car is hot as gently caress.

title status: clean