Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
Last time we had one of these threads, I introduced you all to the wonder that is the Rochester, NY car sales community.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/544446929.html

quote:

95 mustang gt 4 sale - $6500
fully loaded,supercharged, no pics to post at this time

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/544217944.html

quote:

88 Caprice Clasic (BOX) pics - $7200
305 MOTOR,
115000 miles, seven inch lift kit. Adjustable A-arm 24 inch rims with a 5 inch lip. Only serious inquires $7200 or best offer. Please email

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/543376104.html

quote:

1987 FORD MUSTANG GT - $7995
This is a one of a kind car. Tons of aftermarket and new parts.Serious only please!Call Shawn at (585)899-9104

I weep for my city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/569680059.html

****91 MUSTANG GT 5 speed mint condition **b/o*** - $5000

quote:

THIS MUSTANG GT IS IN MINT CONDITION ,IT NEEDS NOTHING ,130K AN ITS BONE SKOCK EXCEPT THE EXHAUST ,,SERIOUR INQUIRIES PLZ ,THE CAR IS AT MY STORAGE HASNT NEVER SEEN WINTER ,I WILL THROW IN 4 NEW TIRES W/THE CAR GOOD ONES ,,,EMAIL OR CALL ME 585-964-3391

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/569484214.html

94 mistu eclipse turbo very fast!!! - $4500

quote:

this car is very clean no rust.. has a new rebuilt motor with a few modds.. new stage 4 clutch, new 18g turbo, new set of stage 2 cams, new agx struts and coil overs, custom molded gauges in dash, 7 inch monitor in dash..... much more for more info on the car please call 315-396-5550 please only call if very intrested thanks or email me at speedy100mphcrazydriver@hotmail.com this car is very fast and has a lot of time in it i really dont want to get ride of it but im looking to get into something else thanks

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/568920174.html

1998 Mustang GT Vert ///LOW MILES/// - $15500

quote:

36,000 Miles, new wheels and tires, needs new windshield otherwise the car is immaculate. Saleen Roadster cover, loaded, automatic, power all, Call after 9am and before 9pm. NO DREAMERS.

585-506-7543 Thanks

The only dreamer in that posting is the guy posting it. :v:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

7744 posted:

Someone should call and ask if he's ever taken the car to 100mph.

Send an e-mail for the text based response.

no this car has been miticolusly maintaned and babied i dont want to get ride of it but i want to get into sumthing new

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/570901985.html

1987 MUSTANG GT - $7999

quote:

5SPD,many aftermarket parts,one of a kind,call for Bob for details(585)749-4144

What is it with retarded Mustang owners in my city?

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

DropShadow posted:

I swear that same listing has already been posted in this thread.

It's a new one today, so if it was, it was a repost. There were 2 other idiotic Mustang posts above, though.

I'm looking over M3s now, and there's some funny ones:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/car/563341519.html

92 bmw m3 supercharged, widebody - $14000

quote:

1992 bmw 325is with 95 m3 motor aa supercharged 380hp full zeemax widebody kit and much & much more 40k invested !
call for more details
804-908-2547

antony

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

E: Nevermind, apparently not that bad.

Moruitelda fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 13, 2008

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Chrysler Sebrings' value drop like rocks. And they're also some of the most pathetic vehicles ever to grace the road. That said, while my initial reaction was "Ha! That's ridiculous," in looking it up, it seems like that's a fairly regular price. Why anyone would actually spend $10k on a used Sebring is beyond me, though.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/car/544835934.html

monster engine - $210000

quote:

This car has $145000 worth of extras. I'm Asking $210,000 but I'll take the best offer. This SL65 amg has been customized and upgraded to the fullest extent. It's truly one of a kind. Candy painted with ferrari lime green & Silver paint. Intense stereo upgrades with 15 JL Audio speakers and 6 TV's.That includes 2 13 inch Tv's in it's Lambo doors. This Engine was fast before with it's V12 twin turbo now we made it faster. This 2 door convertible has 750HP. COMES WITH 4 YEAR WARRENTY!!!!!!!!!!

:psyduck:

They can't afford a loving digital camera? Or a word processor with spell-check?

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

deviant. posted:

It's gotta be some random wackjob. There's no way you could fit all that poo poo into an SL65. An Escalade or H2, maybe but not a two door coupé.

MONSTER ENGINE

I have no idea what the gently caress is up with Upstate NY.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

"Hay guyz I'm upside down on my loan, just pay it off for me and its yours!"

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/578606535.html

2001 Toyota Mr2 Spyder - $13000

quote:

2001 Toyota Mr2 Spyder Convertible 80000 miles
Was $15k now $13000!!! Must go! Any reasonable offer taken! Financing Available through third party site. Located right now in my garage need to go cant afford the payments to be honest!
Email for pics or call 585-200-1481

Even KBB only thinks it's worth $10k.

E: I offered him $8k. :haw:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/584063997.html

1981 Mercedes 380SL - $5000

quote:

Rebuilt engine, much new sheet metal, all in primer, soft/hard top, ready to reassemble. New style 16" Mercedes wheels. Tan interior in good condition. Moving, must sell.

So, you say you have a 27 year old car that's not even put together, and you want $5000 for it? :v:

Moruitelda fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 28, 2008

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

This is something you don't see too often, a 2nd Gen DSM with a F1 wing, primer black, dented, headers, CAI, and body kit! Someone ought to JUMP on this beauty! :rolleyes:

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/1108128770.html

quote:

FAST, MANY AFTER MARKET PARTS ON CAR- JSP FIBERGLASS WING, AFTER MARKET COLD AIR INTAKE, HOOKER HEADERS, FULL CAT BACK EXHAUST, ALSO HAVE DRAGON Z BODY KIT, AFTER MARKET LOWER RING SPRINGS AND PERFORMANCE CHIP, 5 SPEED TRANSMISION. CAR HAS BLACK PRIMER, SMALL RUST SPOT ON HATCH, NEEDS SMALL WELDING JOB IN FRONT AND ALSO TWO SMALL DENTS ON SIDE BUT EASY TO POP OUT...INSIDE CLEAN, TIRES ARE GOOD..ALSO COMES WITH THREE 16 INCH RIMS AND THE 4TH ONES ON THE CAR ALREADY...GOOD PROJECT CAR FOR SOMEONE WHOS INTRESTED...I HAD WANTED TO FINISH THE CAR BUT RAN SHORT ON CASH. 118,000 MILES ON IT. If you want more pictures or info then email me and i can get back at you

Since it doesn't mention GST/GSX (or OMG turboez), I'm going to assume it's a GS.

And in case you missed it:

quote:

AFTER MARKET LOWER RING SPRINGS

:psyduck:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

MrSaturn posted:

Not quite. :ssh:

edit: for proof, see this

Holy crap, my MINI Cooper S is a sedan. :monocle:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Yeah, I couldn't resist sending him an e-mail about that. There are some terrible things in this thread, but nothing so egregious as pretending that that truck is "clean."

quote:

gently caress you bitch!!Got anything better to do than send out emails,you must be friend of the family or a wetback!!

He's a winner alright!

Moruitelda fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 8, 2009

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Moruitelda posted:

Yeah, I couldn't resist sending him an e-mail about that. There are some terrible things in this thread, but nothing so egregious as pretending that that truck is "clean."

He's a winner alright!

The guy created a Porsche 930 for sale ad directed to my e-mail address. :v:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

slidebite posted:

hahaha

Well, you now have to create a free personals ad promising anonymous gay sex directed to his address. Something like "22 yo bottom requires 45+ yo top. Bareback OK but must be clean and must have no strings" ... or something along those lines.

You know you must.

Tried that, but it won't let you post it and hide your e-mail address. I just put a filter on that particular e-mail address for "Porsche" and "930" and "car," and it all stopped.

I'm taking my time on the revenge, it'll be better if he doesn't know why it's happening to him. :v:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Right.

But what the hell were you talking about that we'd know which pictures he added after a month? Looks like an ad for an Evo IX by some guy who likes pictures of "models" with his car.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Pretty sure I got this as a lime green hot wheels car from McDonalds in the early 90s.

And that's why I love it, I wasn't going to say anything until you brought this up.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

How about this beauty?

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/1285289629.html

Seriously, collectors, if you don't want a pre-release car (2 years before the first batch shipped to the US), you're CRAZY!

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

dreesemonkey posted:

Yikes, I keep trying to think what year that SHOULD be. Maybe he meant 98, but there was no model year '98, was there? Has to be '94 to '97 for an NA with the 1.8l.

That's exactly what I did. I have no idea what he meant, but it is not any kind of obvious mistake.

BabyJesus, how local? I'm in Champaign, that's why I found it in the first place. :D

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

BabyJesus posted:

I live in Bloomington, yeah. Went to school at ISU- moved away for a few years, I was sucked back in and work at the 'Farm now.

Do any autocross in the area? I'm probably going to start driving with CCSCC at Rantoul the weekend after next.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Pvt. Public posted:

Goddamnit, I came in here to post that Miata. Moruitelda, what time does that autocross event start? I'm heading to Bloomington for the Reverend Horton Heat show that Friday night, but I'll be back to Champaign that night. If you're going, let me know and I'll go with you. Have been meaning to get out and see some autocross, haven't got around to it yet.

I don't know for sure, but probably between 8 and 9 for registration. The details are at ccsportscarclub.org. I'll look into it further if my car is fixed by then (overheating due to malfunctioning radiator fan, shop said the unit itself is fine and is forwarding me to another shop to look for faulty relays and poo poo). Luckily, I've caught the overheating before it got too bad, and compression tests are still within spec. :sigh:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

comrade sampo posted:

Am I the only one who thought "What did they do to that Miata?" when they first saw this?

Nope. I did the exact same thing.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1736223907.html

quote:

2003 nissan 350z
36000 original miles
6 speed manual transmission, (not automatic)
Car has a 2500 full Bassanii exhaust with a cold air injen intake, and lowering springs, and HID kit. Car was babied.
Cash only.
Car has salvage title.
New tires, leather interior fully loaded with heated seats.
The Bad- I was driving the other day and it started to knock and the car shut down on me.
Car has to be towed, come check it out and give me your offers.. Needs a new engine block with oil pan seal. Seal broke cracking the block. Cannot afford to fix this due to no job. Couple hundred =/
Dont low ball me six grand bullshit i am asking 10,000 for this car or best offer. Trades are welcome.

no emails just text or call

MY CAR WAS BABIED but it has a salvage title and the block is cracked.

DON'T BULLSHIT ME WITH YOUR LOWBALL $6,000 OFFERS for my non-running, salvage titled, 8 year old 350Z with a cracked block.

I CAN'T AFFORD TO FIX IT SINCE I DON'T HAVE A JOB BUT IT WILL ONLY BE A COUPLE OF HUNDRED to replace my engine

I'm tempted to call him and offer him $1,500 cash.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

deviant. posted:

Jesus. I want some of the drugs this guy is smoking.

Seriously.

Edmunds TMV puts an average condition 36,000 mile Touring 350Z at about $10,600 around here. A new VQ35 is about $3,000. Going to be a couple of grand worth of labor to install it. A salvage title takes off 10-50% of the value of the car, usually. So we're looking at it being worth, assuming nothing else is really wrong with it, between $600 and $5,000, probably between $1,500 and $2,500.

Apparently he thinks a cracked block and salvage title only take about $600 off the value of the car.

It's a great candidate for a Time Attack car or something, if you could get it off him for $1,000 or so...

Moruitelda fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 12, 2010

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Oh, my god. It gets better.

Apparently he's only had it for less than 3 months. His phone number is on an old posting on a local site.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

quote:

I have a VW R32 Replica its a GTI
year-2000
5 speed manual and new racing clutch with new timing belt.
miles- about 70,000
it has a new Greddy Turbo kit, rims, paint, window tint, exhaust
R32 bodykit
Kelly blue book price is 8000 for good condition stock! this car with mods is worth more.
Nothing wrong with this car at all. I bought it from a dealer and they did all the work.
JDM as fcuk
Looking to trade for a manual 350z or g35 coupe manual.
Send offers no low balling.. turbo itself was 2 grand and rims were 2 grand.
I only accept texts so dont email me send a text out any time and i will respond as soon as possible.

Apparently he traded his JDM-as-gently caress GTI fake R32 for a 350Z with a salvage title, blew up the engine, and now wants someone to pay him more than the trade was worth in the first place.

:monocle:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

jandrese posted:

Have it play God Save the Queen from the horn.

Either version works.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

:eng101: 6 speed manual transmission, (not automatic)

I wonder how useful that 6 speed manual is when the car has a cracked block and some screwed gaskets

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Joooooiiiiin Uuuuuuuuss*

*Honestly, if you don't intend to toss that V12 you really are insane.

Yep. It'll be awesome once you strip it out and put something in there that actually makes power. You know, like a modern turbocharged 4 cylinder.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I was both being facetious and making fun of how little power that engine makes. A high output V6 or a modern V8 would be fine. :(

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

el topo posted:

I can't claim to know much about how the Corvette is built, but on my car (Audi A4) the dash cluster is all digital and only connected to the rest of the car through a couple of wire bundles. It'd take about 10 minutes to replace.

In that case, if you ever want to sell it, DON'T say, "it needs this but I have the parts and it's really easy," just do it and say, "my car is mint."

It's like the kid with the 350Z I posted. If the engine swap is a couple hundred bucks, do it already.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

el topo posted:

I don't know about that. I would tend to think that these people know that it will be more expensive and harder to fix than they pretend. Some people make a living borderline-scamming others like that.

Exactly. Whenever I'm planning on buying a car, if the owner admits it has problems, I figure out what I think it's going to cost, double that, and subtract it from their asking price and offer that.

If they say, "this is wrong, but it's an easy fix," I take them at their word with what's wrong, but go over the rest of the car with a fine-toothed comb, then figure out what I think it'll cost to fix and add a 0 on the end of the number and knock THAT off their asking price.

I don't trust those people.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

KlementGottwald posted:

No. Buy this RIGHT NOW.

Sounds like a reasonable seller, too.

I was just thinking the same thing. Craigslist Gold has two meanings, and I think the poster was aware of that and meant the "other" one.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Thanks for spoilering that, I have been meaning to watch that movie and hadn't gotten around to it yet. Wouldn't want it to be ruined before I see it.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Is there garage space? :v:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

$30-$40 thousand I believe, depending on trim level.

That's about what an E30 M3 cost new. You're saying a NA 300ZX was priced the same as an E30 M3?

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Cheap Bourbon posted:

Dunno, random PYF funny images thread, page 35. Struck a funny with me.
Doesnt really apply in my state, the worst they can do is ask me to leave and if and only if, I refuse, could I be cited for trespass, so... let 'em have their fun while I have mine?

Well, it does change you from being an invitee to a trespasser at law. They might be able to make a case if, say, you slipped on a wet floor and wanted to sue them for it. "You had a concealed gun, which was not permitted, therefore you were a trespasser, and we're not liable to you."

I guess the $5,000 or so I wound up paying for Torts was worth something after all. :unsmith:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

This was posted in the AI sale thread:

Yep. Dad won't price it lower because "they're collector's items!" :rolleyes:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Not a huge deal, but...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1793442641.html

quote:

This is a 2001 Toyota Echo 1.5L engine very good on gas ( 75 miles per gallon ). It has 126k miles and it runs great. It is a manual ( stick ) transmition. Call 708 927 0553 to see the car . Julian.

75 miles per gallon! :monocle: Who needs a Prius!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Mecha-Tech posted:

Someone talk me out of this.

No. Buy it.