Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Its certainly... a....thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I'm the watchface glued to the dash

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I'd be totally lost without a clock on my dash.

But in the case of that Jeep, I'd probably find the cheapest DIN headunit that shows time (which is most or all of them). Probably get MP3 and bluetooth at the same time for $cheap$

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

:psyduck:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Not a fan of the customization, but yeah, the LX 5.0 5spd was the one to get.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

A 20 year old, 200K+ Chrysler, what could possibly go wrong?

I didn't hate them either

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It's made in the US at a Chrysler factory. Therefore, Chrysler :colbert:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You Am I posted:

I thought they were made in Germany by Karmann

Guess you're wrong

Far am I to disagree with the infallible source that is wiki, but since the VIN begins with a "1" I'll say there's a pretty good chance I'm right.

I could see components made in Germany.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 17, 2024

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Lol^

My guess is it "final" assembly in the US, not sure how much of it would need to be assembled on this side to get a 1 vin?

Would it be a tax thing?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

owns

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

The Door Frame posted:

Who hasn't done the opposite at some point? At first, I'll generally put up a listing that's significantly higher priced than I think the car is worth. That way I can guage interest and establish a price to start negotiations at without committing to anything, since I don't think the car will actually sell for what I'm asking. If it's not getting any traction, I'll lower it down to a reasonable price since there's no penalty for making a second listing or editing the original
Yeah, me too.

I give myself about 20-30% wiggle room, depending on what it is I'm selling and $$ (I've not sold a car personally since the old days of the printed auto trader).

But for electronics and general junk, if I will hypothetically take $90-$100, I'll probably ask $120ish because I know there will be haggling and bullshit over something not worth much. If it's a real lowball I'll drop a couple bucks and say firm, which is more than they would have paid if they weren't morons.

Sometimes people don't want to haggle at all and offer 100% my asking price. A few times I've done that I've literally told them to keep a $20 bill because they were super easy to deal with. Once was a young guy who bought a fairly inexpensive offshore cell phone (umidigi or some drat thing that I just didn't like) and he picked it up with his mom and you could tell they weren't well to do, a 20+ year old dodge minvan that had a horrible crack in the exhaust manifold and just in bad repair. I think I was asking $130 and he arranged a pick up and gave me $130 cash.

It was near Christmas and I said "Merry Christmas" and gave him $30 back and he was overjoyed.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I've always wanted either a XR7 Supercharged stick or a Turbo T-Bird.

Probably one of those things now where the idea of having one is better than actually having one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

A multi!

I haven't seen one of those in ages. My Mom darn near bought one, but during her test drive got her hand caught in the seat track when trying to slide the seat up. Gouged up her hand good. Instantly killed any chance right there. She bought a Civic Wagovan instead, which to be fair was a great car.