Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

meatpimp posted:

"Currently is not ridable" Yeah, I kinda got that from the engine-in-the-milk-crate picture. :v:

If the average craigslist caller/buyer is any indication, you got assume the buyer has a turnip for a brain. State the obvious over and over.

I just sold my Ford Suv on craigslist and fortunately for me the second caller came with cash, drove the truck 2 blocks then brought it on the spot. I posted a 5 page description of the vehicle along with 12 pictures, detailing everything, and showing pictures of the minor scratches and chips. I priced the truck under blue book poor/low values but higher then the price I want as well as higher as auction wholesale.

I still had guys calling me up asking questions that were in the ad, or going "Whoa, that's a high mileage truck!"

:argh: That's why I'm asking 5,000$ and not 8,000$ you dumb rear end.

Oh well, I posted it and sold it within 2 days so Craigslist is worth what I paid for it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

50$ my loving rear end. Something is seriously wrong here. If I were to sell an item for $4000 and it would take $50 to fix the major issue with it. Just loving fix it and ask for more money.

Thats another craigslist MO:

"Uh yeah, this is wrong with it, but it's cool brah, it should be like $100 to fix"

Right.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

RealDealNamowicz posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy who wrote the ad wasn't completely serious.

I'm sure he was .. maybe being ironic, but its craigslist.

He'd be lucky to get 1500$ for that depending on how hosed the engine is.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Man did I buy the wrong truck.

:doh:

Should have gotten this jewel and saved a ton of money.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/car/557921180.html

/edit Posted the pictures since these links tend to die off over time.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 6, 2008

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

:psyduck:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Ford-Ranger-H1-Hummer-kit-replica-Head-Turner_W0QQitemZ200215192741QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200215192741

I mean I'll give the guy a A for effort but... I'll never understand doing this to a car.

I guess its like the Lamborghini kits you see for fieros. Except most of the humvee kits are for full size chevy/ford trucks.. not a ranger.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

"We were going to mass produce these vehicles and sell them in the US as an alternative to the larger trucks." Come on, people buy Hummers because they're huge.

Holy poo poo I completely missed that, I just looked at the pictures.

That's an insane idea on 2 fronts. You got 2 types of H1 owners.

1. Dick Enhancement | Status Symbol dudes wouldn't be caught in an a replica kit or fake [insert H2 joke here]. When these rare birds are caught in the wild, it's usually with the girlfriend pushing branches out of the way so the truck doesn't get scratched.

2. Utility | Offroad use with cargo/towing capacity. The donor vehicle doesn't have a 12,000 lb/17,000 GVW/GCWR, not to mention having issues with ground clearance, slope, and departure/approach angles.

I guess the exception would be #1 with no money or low budget, they'd probably buy something like this. Besides where is the country that makes custom jeep taxis? Singapore? I've seen some microhummers there before.

Bad business idea, but it is certainly unique and unlike many other kit's, it's actually drivable. Besides you can get a project HMMWV for 15k, and a early model year H1 or working m998 for about 20k that needs a bit of TLC.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 11, 2008

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

HachiGo posted:

For almost a quarter of a million dollars, you would think they could at least paint the air vents properly.

Yeah it looks like they just top coated the interior without taking it apart, loving amateurs.

In no way, shape or form is that truck worth anything close to a quarter million.

They may get 50-75k for that from a limo company and thats it. You can get a donor H2 for 20 grand now in LA, or 25 grand if you want an 05 model used. So they are telling you that they did 200k+ of custom work.

The shop either did that themselves for a promotional tool or some retard with too much money and no taste had that custom made up.

A quality job would have at least dumped the OEM interior and made the rear match the front, that would have been cool, but you got brown leather and velvet with black fiberglass and chrome props in the rear and a black[spray painted] GM parts bin interior in the front.

I'm seeing companies making cloned fiberglass RR Phantom hoods now so I doubt its OE.

:jerkbag:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

I guess this is the appropriate place to put some crazy online sales.

Government Liquidation is like ebay for new/used uncle sam surplus stuff. You can get M35 trucks for 1,500$ and other crazy stuff.

Anyone want to buy 1,400 6.2L Diesel engines for 50$?

Only 840,000 lbs.

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1891665

30-50 truck loads, I guess it'll sell for at least the scrap value. The army is converting it's hmmwv fleet to the newer 6.5L Turbo GEP blocks with the Caterpillar electronics package, so anything with a 6.2 left in it is cut up or rebuilt.

A friend of mine cleaned up on one these auctions, picked up a slew of transfer cases which we use to troubleshoot and practice on, kind of handy if you got the space for some of this stuff.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

So a friend just won a hummer on ebay.

He used "Buy it Now" to grab it.

Looks nice, legit seller/dealership...

Every auction is a contract right?

:ughh:

The dealership immediately realized their cock up. Their entire online inventory had the decimal place off by a few positions. They had a Phantom for $172.00, and various other cars in the $50-250.00 price range.

Obvious mistake, but my friend may be bored enough to litigate it [he already owns 6 H1's and various other cars]. He's laughing it off, but I seem to recall cases where Dealers weren't let off the hook as easily in cases like this.

There was that M3 last year but that was over $60,000 vs $67,000 where the dealer actually came around and sold it at their loss.But in that case it wasn't as extreme as this.

It's a good laugh either way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180363206375

Update

The dealership claimed the auction was invalid, and wanted to cancel it after the bid.

Ebay posted:

May-30-09 at 12:14:15 PDT

This case is closed. The buyer has declined the seller's request to cancel this transaction.

Ebay told the dealership tough luck, it's out of their hands.

Friend is now deciding whatever or not he has a case, half the guys on the hummer forums are telling him to go for it if he has the spare money. Worse case he's out a few hundred or a thousand for initial lawyer consultation and a letter.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 30, 2009

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

If your buddy wins that H1 its going to be some funny poo poo, I'd drop the initial 5 grand or whatever on lawyer bullshit if it meant I could turn around and flip the thing for 40 grand.

A few paralegals on one of the hummer forums piped in with similar cases (one in Florida).

http://www.justnews.com/news/19501492/detail.html
http://www.autospies.com/news/Ebay-BMW-M3-Winner-Gets-Lawyered-Up-The-Soap-Opera-Continues-27994/

In all cases the dealers say "We're not selling it, sue us" and that's what happens, followed by a settlement.I think it's a crap shoot because there isn't that much in terms of damage (lawsuit wise) but I'll see what happens with him...

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 31, 2009

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

nm posted:

In the two cited cases, an unsophisticated buyer (a reasonable buyer, perhaps) might not realize that $200k+ for a Lamborghini or $60k for a BMW M3 was too little. In this case, any person would realize that wasn't a $54.90 car. (And auctions and straight sales like buy it now are different, but i don't know enough about sales law to know if it matters here).

He should go talk to a lawyer (civil law is not my forte), but he should expect disappointment.

A lawyer on another forum pointed out that E-bay auctions are not usually legally binding for real estate and vehicles due to different state laws. He did mention that Florida had no laws that would prevent this from being a binding contract so it's a crapshoot.

The guy has a large car collection, I don't think hes going to burn time and money to try to get another h1.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jun 1, 2009

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Tai-Pan posted:

This sort of horsehit nonsense is the reason we have 50 page contracts and dubious binding arbitration. Whatever happened to simply treating business relationship with respect?

It's not going anywhere, the guy could just out of boredom.He's not. But the point was made what would the Ferrari dealer do if the buyer overbid on an auction by a gross amount due to an error?

Either way, I'd double check the prices of any ads I put online, but hey that's just me :)

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Jesus, I think everyone is a bit off a bit when they invest huge amounts of money into cars, be it 30,000$ into a jeep for engine swap and suspension upgrades, or pimping out a Range Rover or an H2, but it blows my mind when I see people dump huge amounts of money into relatively mundane vehicles like a old Expedition or Suburban.

Now I'm not hatin' on the burban, I almost picked one up as a minibus/parts truck, a nice late 90's turbo diesel with the rear ambulance door, but I came across a crazy burbian owner at the power wash the other day who wanted to do a straight up trade for his blinged out 90's Suburban for my H1 that I was washing. Just to take it off my hands because gas prices were so bad....

:psyboom:

Yeah, I nicely told him I needed a diesel, but then the guy said I could trade and just conver it to a diesel...

His truck apparently had over "$50,000" invested on a cheap body kit, rent-a-rims and Chinese off brand audio/video gear...

On the other hand there was a friend who had a completely out of character Escalade that he was driving around in as a work truck, but it was an ex-vegas sema truck he got for cheap at an auction that actually did have lots of expensive work done to it.

Nothing like a 60-something gray hair getting out of a chrome and black suv with 24" rimz... and start pulling out tool boxes out of the rear :)

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 16, 2009

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

I_Like_Me posted:

Nice car, but ya gotta cash in like the eleanor thing!

As seen in Fast and Furious....

As a cg car and gutted up rear wheel steer stunt cars

:smug:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

That's nothing special, 3000$ for a running M35A2 is pretty common.

Although for that price I'd get something a bit more complete:

http://www.100dollarman.com/trucks.html

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

"It is a wonderful luxurious SUV that we are sad to have to get rid of."

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/1326582403.html

A lease takeover deal on a luxury SUV? How bad can this be?

Let's see...

:haw:

High payment? Check! $741 a month.

Long term still remaining? Check! 18 months.

Mileage limit almost reached? Check! 1,274 miles left on the lease. Past that and it's .20 cents a mile.

Yeah.. I bet they'll be really sad to rid of this wonderful lease.

:downs:

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 17, 2009

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Truck for sale on socaltrucks must be from California. You'd think so right?

Alabama? Sure.... custom IFS lift kit. Wait what? :doh:

Ad posted:

If you want a truck that will turn heads, sit as high as a Mack truck, and have the ability to crush old cars, this is right up your alley! The key is that this truck has high miles, but if you don't mind that, you are getting a steal. A 32" lift, 17" wheels, and almost 50" tires would probably set you back $15,000+ and the truck is ready to go. There really isn't much else to say. You can drive a massive truck that will turn heads, compel others to snap photos, and will cost less than a Honda Accord. Not to mention, everyone at your work will fear you because you can run over their car in the employee parking lot. Go big, go black, go intimidation, or go home...

:psyboom:

Does not compute... This better be a 100,000$+ custom rig with ton's of fab work....otherwise it's a shaft breaking machine if its an OEM drivetrain trying to drive huge tires.

Let's see..

http://www.socaltrucks.com/forsale2/viewlisting.php?view=532

:madmax:

Click here for the full 1100x825 image.

Words fail me.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Landshark posted:

Actually I missed that its a 2WD. :raise: :tipshat:

I too am at a loss for words.

Thats ok though because half of these 'bro lifted pickup trucks were originally 4x4's jacked so high with so little thought that the owners are forced to disconnect the front drive axle, and leave the t-case in Lock.

:downsbravo:

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 27, 2009

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Fowl Language posted:

http://www.socaltrucks.com/forsale2/viewlisting.php?view=524

I weep for my state...

I suspect he tossed smaller cheap wheels and tires on it to recoup the cost. Big rubber is expensive and I can't see adding that much of a lift to run 33"'s. I mean.. what's the point?

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 29, 2009

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

UserNotFound posted:

I had no idea that such old vehicles could command such a premium

http://www.jeepbrokers.com/JeepBrokers_CJ8.htm

There's a stock '82 on there for $15k...are you kidding me? One even says "Less than 28,000" of these long wheelbase jeeps were built. That seems like a lot to be considered "rare"...

Also, he claims it has "the longest wheel base of any Jeep on the market"...even though the new 4 door jeeps are 13" longer...

If it's an older jeep that's in good shape with no rust, I can probably see that. But remember, ask high and settle for what you really want.

Scramblers fall into that category, many folk I know in the wheeling community want a Wranger/Jeep pickup. This is it, unless they want to go with the Brute/AEV route with a newer jeep and that costs a fair bit [5 figures].

Unmolested Scramblers are rare, and I can see them going for more than that if they have upgraded axles, lockers, 37" tires, etc.

Now if it was a rusted out poo poo box, then yeah, it's gold but otherwise I don't see anything outlandish about it.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

VideoTapir posted:

Cut the roof off, make a cage.

Yeah I can see some guys buying that and turning it into a truggy. Or just buying it for a parts truck [t-case, axles, shifter, etc]

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

CharlieWhiskey posted:

If that Browning M1917 works, that's not too bad of a price.

If that browning works and has papers then it's worth way more than that :)

I suspect it's a replica.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone want a "cheap" project H1? Cheap being relative of course... I'm always on the hunt for a cheap project or cheap H1/HMMWV parts but this thing came along...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=250611857305

Like none other currently listed indeed.

"I didn't bother to keep the inspection current...."

You mean the DMV might have an issue with the rusted brake calipers, questionable parking brake....

Or the 5-6" Hole on the c-pillar and roll bar on the passenger side? You know the structural part that holds on the roof?

The seller registered an account on one of the big humvee forums flaming the hummer community to boot:

quote:

It amazes me that you guys say the truck is ruined. Do any of you off road at all? There is a layer of crusty mud/sand/iron oxide on the cast iron parts, big deal - What do y'all think the trucks look like in Afghanistan?

Ah yes Afghanistan, well known for it's salt water environment. At least the guy was honest with his advertisement and actual vehicle condition, and he wheeled the gently caress out of it, but its still a rust bucket.

It should be fun to see how much this goes for.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a [rust free] humvee rolling chassis project for $7,000 in LA last year. :mad:

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 13, 2010

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Saw the same add last week in LA selling a set of mustang wheels :)

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Robawesome posted:

Mustang wheels with an automatic transmission? Rock On.

:rolleyes:

Using the same Chuck Norris / Makes you a man /Ninja fighting bullshit that craigslist/ebay/etc posters seem to think is funny and original. This is a variation on a theme.

You can't browse craigslist classifieds without hitting one of these.

Here's one I came across this morning.. for another wheels ad! Go figure:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1659096467.html

Click here for the full 774x880 image.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 14, 2010

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

z16bitsega posted:

Pretty much:

The guy took more pictures. It's a pile of rust in the shape of an H1. Even with the new pictures the bidding has gone over $10,000.

:ughh:

I think my favorite picture is the twine and scrap wood holding up a 25 gallon diesel tank.

http://www.vuvox.com/collage_express/collage.swf?collageID=023e58ba91

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 15, 2010

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I still can't believe people are bidding on it after reading this:

Or maybe they can't read. :v:

Whoever is bidding on it doesn't know what's involved. I've seen repairable h1's and humvee's that had no rust that go for 10-15k.

If it was 2-3k, then well I wouldn't still go for it. The upshot with an H1, is all the rust bits can be replaced with army surplus hardware. The body tub is aluminum so that can be media blasted and repainted. Toss the steel roof and doors and convert to a soft top. Get surplus doors for a few hundred dollars. Sell the interior vinyl and plastic and convert the interior to a military truck with minimal electronics [all the civilian wiring is going to be hosed with the rust].

New bushings, new old stock A2 HMMWV frame rails, cross members, pockets, control arms and springs with mounts would cost about about 5 grand to replace the entire chassis. About $500 in grade 8 plated hardware for bolts and locknuts and whatever you need to put humpty dumpty back together. Every old rusted nut and bolt on that thing will need to be cut off.

Then you'll need to recondition and rebuild the geared hubs and differentials,.. check boots on the shafts, the races an bearings on them are probably shot on the half shafts... all new ball joints.. new spindles, engine needs a rebuild, new oil pan...

ugh. 10 grand and a month of manhours... minimum. :effort: and for what's its going for now on auction,anyone is better off getting a 92-94 H1 or basic m998 fixer upper that can run and actually pass inspection and work on that instead. These are relatively easy to work on. Parts pin AC Delco stuff and 70's truck technology unless you have a turbo model or something with ABS brakes.

A guy on another forum got a m998 humvee in Nevada for $10,000. It drove and ran but someone rolled it. The rear quarter panel was squashed and the b-pillars were tweaked. He picked up new aluminum panels for the rear quarter and b-pillars, drilled the old ones out and using rivets and adhesive, he fixed it up for about $2000. That's not bad for a toy humvee that he can flip for a profit when he gets bored of it.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 15, 2010

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

orange lime posted:

I thought that military surplus humvees had to be "destroyed" before you could sell them. I want to say there was something involving dropping them nose-first from a crane?

It depends. Although stuff like CUCV's [ie. Military 5/4 ton blazers and pickups] and M35's don't have to destroyed, stuff like Jeeps [mutts] did mostly due to liability reasons. Today the Humvee is in the same boat, although AM General used to go the extra step to send nastygrams to various state DMV's to tell them not to register Humvees for on road use due to a lack of emissions and DOT safety equipment [no padded dash, no collapsible steering column].

It's more likely that AMC/Jeep and Hummer didn't want competition for their civilian line. :tinfoil:

That being said, it seems that it's ok to surplus new old stock equipment. If a part was never used or deployed, it doesn't have to be destroyed. It won't mean you can get a whole vehicle, but it can mean you can pick up a trailer load of new diesel engines, new half shafts, crates of body tubs, that sort of thing.

As for complete vehicles, they usually come from defense contractor swaps or regional/local governments who got them from the federal government and sold them on a local level. Most came from a USMC / United Defense swap in the late 90's early 00's where a few thousand humvees changed Hands. United Defense later auctioned them off. Some dude in the North East picked up the majority of them with a few hundred being sold off here and there [I heard they were going for around 5-6 grand each in bulk].

Local governments can get surplus vehicles for free or very cheap from the federal government. Stuff like diesel generator trailers, humvees, etc. Many sheriff departments got humvees stashed around somewhere in their county from surplus. Technically they're on loan from the federal goverment but occasionally the county or state will auction them off with the proper paperwork and you have a working humvee in public hands. The legit ones have a SF97 form that proves you own it and not uncle sam. Most other humvees are "custom construction" built up from bits and pieces acquired by surplus.

Very few humvees get destroyed unless they're already hosed up pretty bad. If it's a recent model, it'll get sent for refurbishment and redeployed. If it's off in a far off warzone, they'll just give them away to local governments who may surplus them.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Would there really be 'surplus' parts these days given we're still in Iraq?

Sure, the government isn't exactly efficient. They overproduce parts all the time, and the humvee has been around for 30 years. There's a lot of variation in models and improvements in parts over that time. Although I'd like to say you only see older, obsolete stuff surplused, I've found some the latest hardware/upgrades available for surplus as well. I'm guessing from a logistics standpoint it may be cheaper to surplus a new item than it is to store it or pay for fuel/manhours to move it around the country. :iiam:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Csixtyfour posted:

You must, in the name of :science:

Holy poo poo. Indeed.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

That pile of rust in the shape of an H1 (few pages back) that was used as a all terrain fishing boat actually sold for $15,000 :doh:

Jesus Christ. Someone must have had a rolling humvee chassis taking up space in a garage somewhere for that deal to even remotely work out.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Some projects are just..... a real bad idea.

I found this trolling ebay for H1 parts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...Q5fTrucks#v4-52

16.5K Starting bid for a 14 year old rusted truck chassis and a stripped H2 body tub.

While I like diesel transplants, this is just .. pants on head stupid. Considering you can get an 03 H2 complete and street legal for less than this and you can get a shop to professionally drop in a lift and cummings 5.9L powertrain swap for 15 grand parts and labor and be way ahead on this project.

I don't even know where to begin on this guys line of thought. Oh right... I just don't have the :siren: VISION :siren: for it.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 7, 2010

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

slidebite posted:

When I was in Minnesota a couple years back I saw those signs (not that tank one) everywhere.

Saw one at a Denny's in Carson, CA near the Ikea off 405. I thought it was strange.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Ah another crazy H1 auction:

Something that crosses two fan bases but doesn't really make it practical for either side to consider buying. Either too nice to use or too expensive to own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120592364877

http://www.starwarshummer.com/

It's the Darth Vader Hummer Taco Bell prize from 96-97, back when everyone was getting excited about the special editions and news of the prequels.

The last time I saw this for sale the guy wanted $250,000 for it. :v:

Still priced too high, it would get high book value because it's in mint shape but IMO the star wars stuff doesn't add any value to it.

It's sort of like folks who hack Delorians up to make BTTF cars and then expect to sell them for 2-3x the value of the car. :doh:

/edit

Turns out my friend built it for the promotion back in 96-97, it was originally a white soft top, but the problem was they wanted a Gasoline powered black soft top [at this point the Gasser model H1's had a very short production run]. All they could source was a white model which was repainted black for this promotion.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 7, 2010

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

glyph posted:

What am I missing here? Isn't this a $35k car new?

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/cto/1827331812.html

I think someone wound up upside down on the loan for that car and figured out the math after the fact.

:downs:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

I've seen that vette before.. it's always being used by a balding guy selling self help stuff and he's always showing off his success by posing with the car with 1 or 2 girls in bikinis if I recall.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Mighty Horse posted:

its not a duramax. Its a Detroit Diesel. A bit down on power compared to other diesels of the time, but its a reliable, simple lump.

Just so the dude who was looking at buying missed the answer in the other thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2341562&userid=0&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=343#post380361948

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

slidebite posted:

Poor bastard. Another one of those cases where "rare" and "$$$" invested means squat. I think he'd be lucky to get more than a few K for it.

A pile of junk that still needs too much work to finish. Despite what he says, if it's so easy and "not much left to do on it" why not finish it and then sell the completed car. Oh right, it's a money pit and the guy is broke.

He should be able to get a few K but not 10K.

Reminds me of those guys on Pawn Stars. "But I got 15 grand into it...."

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Kit cars are always a bit odd. For the effort and cost it takes to make a decent one, you can usually get a used sample of the real thing. But there isn't that many decent ones, just half assed.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Cage posted:

I'd like to have a chat with the people that mistake that car for a ferrari. (Though it is pretty clean looking.)

I've seen people confuse a ferrari for a mustang. :cripes:

Because of the dancing horse logo...

"Is that the new mustang? :haw: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Hashal posted:

At any rate, you should be posting in the questions thread, or start a new thread, and you will get help. This thread is for Craigslist gold - awesome or hilarious Craigslist posts.

Over $150k "invested".

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/4009208074.html

The only hummer worth $150k plus these days is a bone stock H1 Alpha with low miles which goes for crazy money.

I got pictures from a hummer event and car show I went to. Basically it was all humvees and h1s of various types one stock h3 but all the h2s were over modified clown cars.

Ill probably end up picking a Stock adventure series H2 down the road.

15-20k for a v8 full size 4x4 with full lockers and a air compressor isn't a bad deal.