Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Luxmore posted:

I swear to god I don't know how these people found their way on to craigslist with reading comprehension skills like this.
Sigh, I know this all too well, the following conversation happened while I had my parents' Isuzu Trooper listed on CL.

:saddowns: How many miles does the car have?
:rolleyes: Slightly over 100k, JUST AS LISTED IN THE loving AD
:saddowns: You come down on price!!
:rolleyes: Uh, no, the car is fairly listed and you haven't even come to look at it
:saddowns: Well, how do I get to Woodbury, Minnesota?, I'm in Ohio. How far is it? Can you give me directions?
:rolleyes: gently caress off.

The next day, a Trooper fanatic who had just moved from Florida stopped by, drove the car around the block, went to the bank and came back with the amount I asked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Petekill posted:

It's a sleeper! That's why it's got hubcaps!

We should have a KC AI meet, except that I'm in Arkansas right now for school. I think there are at least a couple other AIers living in the KC/Lawrence area.

edit: if you read the page, he flew in people from all over the country to work on the sound system and remote start install. And it's got parts from JAPAN!
Aahaha, the best part is that his name is Rajat Tandon and..

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Advent Horizon posted:

Wow.
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/car/581173336.html
Man, if only I had a need for a 4 door car. I bet I could tow GIR with that.
God, I would buy the poo poo out of that just out of principle.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Logue posted:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/579712470.html

asking way too much but nevertheless, its gorgeous.
Jesus, it has receipts going back to the first original service. Time to go see if I can find any more episodes of Wangan Midnight to watch :v:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

VideoTapir posted:

The funniest part is his asking price(s). 16,600 starting bid (no bidders), 27 grand "buy it now."
I see four bids..

DimitriPopov posted:

Priced as new. Wait is an MR2 even that much brand new?
I think ~23k.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Luxmore posted:

It also had "450hp"
And he smoked a Viper in it :lol:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Yes because when I think highly rare car, I think Nissan 240SX.

I can also imagine the excitement of drifting on an automatic car.
Takumi could do it you human being :colbert:
dammit, all caught up in the human being-spree, wrong thread

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Captain Cannabis posted:

"This car has pre-teen chicks running behind it the second you drive it by a school. Get some!"

Pre-teen?? Why would I want 12 year old girls chasing after me?? That is creepy as hell.
Sarcasm is a bitch?

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

HachiGo posted:

There's nothing to say, just read it.

:coal:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
Man, I'm just going to put it out there and say that IF this was another car and actually had some performance behind it, those fender flares look pretty good, almost Audi-esque.

that bumper still looks like ricer poo poo and why the owner spent all that money is beyond me :barf:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
I kinda want to trade :smith:
http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/823374995.html

destructo fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 2, 2008

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

neckbeard posted:

it's from eBay, but it's more hosed up then that NSX to F40 conversion

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ferrari-360-Mod...parms=72%3A1229
Man, that looks pretty good, even if the side profile is obviously off.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
What the gently caress is a "frenched" gas tank.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
That has to be a scam, I'd buy the poo poo out of that for 2k.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

snugglz posted:

Not car related per-se, but certainly craigslist gold:

Armored car robber recruits decoys on CL
What a loving PRO :coal:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

hippynerd posted:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/898733935.html
This post has so many typos you should get a discount just for reading the ad.
I called him and asked about the intergooled trubo, he wasn't very amused.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
I wish I could save every last one :smith:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I think I finally understand cat ladies now.
THIS IS DIFFERENT.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

USDM YO :v:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

VitaminJs Civic, had all kinds of homeyard aero crap made out of sheet plastic and coroplast zip tied to it.
Whatever happened to it? I was sort of curious about that.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
Let's not be too closed minded maybe it has a KLZE swap :suicide:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

fuckwit posted:

Here we have a 1994 Mazda Miata that I started to fix up approximately three years ago and have since lost interest in this project. As you can see from the pictures this Miata has suicide doors $300, new fiberglass front fenders $150, a new fiberglass hood (imported from Japan) $680, stainless steel double hoop roll bar $150, complete stainless steel dual exhaust system (header back) $249, full demon body kit $650, and a anti sway bar between the front shock towers. The car currently has a little over 140,000 miles on it but it runs great but keep in mind this is a project car and still needs some work to be completed. The stock seats do show wear (small holes and tears) that is why they currently have covers on them. I was planning on replcing them with racing seats (approximately $150 a set). As you can see from the pictures the body kit is complete just not completely mounted. I placed the side skirt on for a picture to give you an idea of what it would look like when completed. The suicide doors have shaved door handles and are opened via remote control with the key FOB. As you can see from the pictures there is some rust through below/behind the drivers door, this was also the case on the passengers side but has been replced with metal. I did not worry about matching the body line perfectly due to the side skirts from the body kit covering them. The guage cluster cover was broken and discarded and have not been able to find the right one to replace it. I was just going to custom make a cover for it. The right front of the car was hit by a small branch in our recent ice storm and it cracked the fiberglass and shattered the turn signal lenses and housing. This car gets a lot of looks just the way it is, but would make one heck of a race/show car for someone to finish. I have a little over $5,000 in this car and parts. I have listed everything that I can think of that is wrong with the vehicle but keep in mind that I am not an expert and may have missed an item or two. There is no warrenty implied or given on this vehicle. Local pick up only I will not ship. Thanks for looking and good luck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...kparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
You forgot put it on cinder blocks.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

deviant. posted:

I've heard of highballing but...yeah. Even for a perfect (which this one ain't) Paseo that's outrageous. What's more surprising is that NADA lists clean retail for this car at $3350. Since when have old subcompacts commanded this kind of price? I wouldn't pay more than maybe 1500, and even that's pushing it.
Uh, my ex just picked up a 2001 Toyota Echo with less miles for $4000. She wasn't even haggling with the dealer.

:wtf:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
I'm pretty sure that's a joke...

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

VideoTapir posted:

Apart from the interior work (not so much bad as WTF) and the nostrils, that is pretty awesome.

edit: Auto? :(
What this guy said. Toss that hood and you've got a clean, awesome as gently caress car. I wouldn't even care that it was an auto.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

ab0z posted:

so you can buy it? It's a high miles economy car from chevy's darkest days...
read the last sentence of the ad :eng101:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Rhyno posted:

$3100 for this? Either stolen or seriously hosed.
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ctd/1469535680.html

Click here for the full 971x560 image.

Fuel: Gasoline

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

MonkeyNutZ posted:

There are so many things wrong with that car, what the gently caress was it?
A CRX :confused:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Jorsh posted:

I work at a Lamborghini dealership and I can't believe this is a replica!

*gets in car, completely ignores automatic shifter*
*looks at taillights, ignores obvious alignment issues*

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I actually kind of like those rims. They aren't your standard 22 inch "baller" rims. It's a cool design, I think.
:suicide:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

I also went to a shop for supper charging too but the guys at the old country buffet just looked at me weird. Does the after dinner snack bracket fit onto the N/A engine or am I looking at some fabricationcooking here?
Lunch control is essential for supper charging, search more you n00b.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/cto/2138818473.html

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
Can someone explain to me why every cookie-cutter riced out car gravitates to the same lovely Enkei wheels?

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

el topo posted:

I'm guessing that those "kits" probably contain a more or less full replacement of the car's mechanics besides the chassis itself. You can't just throw a big V8 in a car built for an I4 and keep the same brake and suspension setup. Well, not if you want to make it to your destination alive. The weight distribution alone would make the car pretty much undriveable.
You can when they end up weighing about the same. See: LSx swap in a Miata.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

The Scientist posted:

I mean just look at this: I dare you to scroll to the bottom of this page:

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cta/

See how many posts you can find without mistakes in the title.
I am 3/3 for links clicked and retardation found. You've raised the bar, I'm not impressed anymore by this stuff :smith:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

The Scientist posted:

What's so good about it? IDGI, what makes that worth $21,000?
Looks like a new one is about 27k+tax retail, so it could be a decent deal? No clue.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

A Sleepy Budgie posted:

Could this be any more of a scam? I mean, come on.

I think you're confusing idiots with scammers.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

VideoTapir posted:

Timing WHAT?
It wasn't cute and I couldn't get it in pink so I didn't buy one ok.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
I just stumbled across mautofied.com and it's a treasure trove of delusional auto "investors".

I'll get you started:
http://www.mautofied.com/1995-Mitsubishi-eclipse_show-cars/listing/100428773/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I was a passive aggressive dick and emailed the dude saying it was a Northstar V8:

That's ok, I email BMW owners on CL all the time asking which V6 they swapped in.