Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Nice idea for a thread.

People ought to check out McKain's Thief thread, simply because he's awesome at the game. He's playing on Expert, getting 100% loot in every level and manages to keep it interesting even though Thief is one of those games that you'd think one couldn't make a good LP of. Every update has a screenshot narrative as well as a subtitled video with humoristic commentary. He's basically showing what makes Thief such an atmospheric and compelling gaming experience, with the possible exception of having to resort to knock-outs and being seen every now and then. However, I'm a die-hard Thief fan, and even though I wanted to see a "perfect" playthrough, McKain manages to maintain interest way better a ghost-run ever could.

I've been wanting to replay the game for a good while now, but I enjoy watching it enough to keep my gaming interests focused elsewhere. So I guess it's safe to say it catches the primary LP idea of "playing it so you don't have to."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread