Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

skoolmunkee posted:

Maybe a dumb question, but as a girl I am curious whether there are any good LPs in the archive or currently running, by girls?

Lethemonster's Xenoblade Chronicles VLP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If I may be so bold, I would like to make a suggestion for an LP that all people should read. It is a screen-shot LP of That's So Raven 2: Supernatural Style for Nintendo's the GameBoy Advance, as done by PersonMan. It's a wonderful little LP I found while perusing the LP Master List the other day. Stumbled upon on it quite by chance, really. It's quite the piece of brilliant comedy. It's enlightening, enthralling, and educative. It's also a brief LP, which is wonderful for those of us who lead busy lives.

Note, that is requires archives:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3339552

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ptarmigans posted:

It's all user updated, login info is in the sandcastle OP. If you see things missing or wrong, feel free to add them yourself.

Cool. I, too, somehow missed this. Glad someone inquired.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Unless :siren: sirens :siren: bookend a particular word or phrase, I ignore pretty much every word ever posted in Something Awful.

I'm kidding. I genuinely feel pretty silly for missing what, in retrospect, is a pretty obvious and clear portion of that thread. Oh well

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Syrg Sapphire posted:

They weren't that funny but NOBODY HAS DONE ANYTHING LIKE IT so some people want to make sure the horse never stops being beaten.

I thought parts of it were genuinely funny. I chuckled whenever someone started the "hello?" thing, and the terrible fan fiction was hilarious. I could've done without the ironic racism or the long stretches of people just screeching into the mics, but eh. Your mileage may vary.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Suspicious Dish posted:

Hm. I guess this is an awkward time to tell you the name of my Borderlands 2 character, then.

You think that's bad, I named my biological daughter "Slowbeef".

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Lots of self-medication, I presume. Not that I read tabloids, or anything.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I dunno, I wasn't actively reading or participating in SA's LP community until a few years ago, so I missed the whole Animal Crossing thing. That's pretty cool, though, as I played a bit of Banner Saga and quite enjoyed it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yo, if you like mediocre bargain bin platformers on the Nintendo 64, you should check out majormonotone and The T's Chameleon Twist. They 100% get-enough-crowns-to-be-close-enough-to-100% the game. It's a fairly relaxed and funny LP, and they have good chemistry together. The game isn't too long, so it doesn't overstay its welcome, and it's interesting to see N64 platformers that weren't made by Nintendo or Rare in action. Also, it has some clever ideas amongst all the mediocrity, so that's fun to see.

There was a brief hiatus, but they're back now and getting ready to play through the sequel.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Don't forget the link!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3609146&highlight=

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Wooo!

surf rock posted:

Edit: Goddamn everything on Earth has been LP'ed and it's loving amazing. I think I'm going to go with Nidoking's version of it, though. I generally prefer screenshot LPs, but animated adventure games just demand to be seen in video form.

Awww.

Hedrigall posted:

It's true, someone's actually keeping track:

LP stats are super interesting and I wish all LPs had cool stuff like this. CJacobs just finished an LP of Max Payne 3 (which was really well done and you should watch if you like the series as he's drat good at the game, offered subtitled and audio commentary tracks, and included a variety of interesting mods) and included a layout of his workflow for the game which was super interesting to read.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Can there be an "Unpopular LPers" section for us underdogs out there? Just sayin'.

But also, a new Recommended LP thread would be nice. Not all LPs are forever archived and links fizzle and die, so to start from scratch could help--all the old classics can still be recommended, we can just ensure that updated links are used.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yo, Geop, this should go with multiple commentators:

Lazyfire's Battlefield 4 is a good LP. Battlefield 4 is, uh, arguably not. In true Battlefield fashion, the multiplayer is where the game shines--and yet for whatever reason they continue to include superfluous and terrible single-player campaigns. Lazyfire, along with a slew of LPers from the Let's Play subforum (and the internet at large), show just how far up the river this uniquely terrible campaign experience goes. Thankfully, an extensive series of multiplayer videos are there to remind the player why the game is still worth playing, as well some incredible griefing videos of which notable griefers make appearances to co-commentate on their handiwork.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ghostwoods posted:

Hey Geop, I know modesty forbids and all that, but you really should add your Dark Souls LP to the list. It's one of the best LPs I've ever watched, and you're doing future LP-seekers a disservice if you leave it off!

Yeah, man. None of this false modesty bullpoopy. You should totes add in the Dark Souls LP cause it was awesome. If it makes you feel better, just leave your name off it and say Vicas did it. Like this:

Shadows of the Empire by nine-gear crow is the best LP because it's a video game starring Dash Rendar, hero of the Rebellion. Watch Dash dash his way through comics, books, and games rendaring the Imperial Forces obsolete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
No offense to those of recommended, but I notice a couple LPers appear more than once on the list. I at least feel that we have a large enough base of quality and entertaining LPers that we can examples from unique posters in each category. Just a thought.

edit: because I forgot how to write

Sally fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 9, 2014

• Locked thread