Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

NeilPerry posted:

I need a list of really long funny group LP's. The standard I'm looking for is Shenmue by Tipping Forties and Sonic 06 by Pokecapn and the gang. I don't want a game that's TOO interesting since I'm using it mainly as background noise to study kanji.

I don't know why you'd use a bunch of people jabbering in English as background noise for studying a foreogn language, but Slowbeef's 2 Dead to Rights lps are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sociopastry posted:

Ah, sorry, should have mentioned that I've watched that one, too. Also, I suppose that third person shooters would be okay as well, because I am cracking up over RChimpCola's LP of Resident Evil 5.

For third person shooters, Slowbeef and Diabetus on Dead to Rights and Dead to Rights: Retribution are pretty funny.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Radio Talmudist posted:

Would someone mind recommending a good Baldur's Gate LP? I'm playing through BG2 and would like to know more about the backstory of the various characters in my party.

I'm also on the lookout for good LPs of the following games:

Persona 4
Fallout 1 & 2

I apologize if this comes off as lazy, for some reason my web browser at work is refusing to display forum elements correctly and basic things like searching through threads is impossible.

Hammer Floyd's lp of the vanilla game is pretty good and doesn't have any of the stupid bullshit BWP has. Don't get me wrong, the BWP lp isn't bad, but it's playing a version of the game I can't recommend to anyone. It's like recommending a rom hack to someone looking for the original, except replace insanely hard with insanely dumb and creepy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SSLP's

Gazillionaire Deluve by Didja Redo is a funny narrative LP of a space economy sim that doesn't have a narrative.

Icewind Dale 2 by CaptainGarlic is another great narrative LP, both LPs have great characterization of people that don't have any built in characters.

VLPs

Freelance Astronauts play New Super Mario Brothers Wii loving hilarious.

I was trying to find a link to that super chill Sonic play through that's been recommended here a couple times, but I can't remember who made it and Sonic 1 and 2 have a poo poo ton of play throughs on the the archive. Deep voice keeps talking about being chill, playing on easy mode (it's from a weird version of one of the first 2 Sonics).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just realized Tie Fighter isnt in there, I don't know quite how to describe it, but it's amazing.

• Locked thread