Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Refusing to Move 'Till the Balloon Pops... Let's Play Secret of Mana! by Vprisoner is a pretty rad thread. It's funny and throws a good spin on that game we all know and love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Let's become a Transport Tycoon! is one of the better LP's I've seen lately. From Earth takes a game that looks confusing as all poo poo to people like me and totally makes it his bitch. Also, he's funny and takes audience participation. Highly recommended.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
For those of you who haven't done so yet, stop being CRAZY and go check out Mayor McCheese's Let's fear skunks together! Sims 2: Our town is a goon town [SSLP].

It's hilarious and he's taking goon suggestions for Sims, so if you ever had a burning desire to see other goons getting gay or burning to death, this is your chance.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Phiggle's Earthworm Jim 2 thread is pretty rad.

It's an awesome game, and Phiggle does a really good job complimenting the humor in the game. I really like the editing that has gone into it so far. Recommended.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

flatluigi posted:

Exactly that. A mod got fed up with the creepy fucks who were following the thread and tossed it over to YCS.

Hey now, the fucks who followed my thread weren't that creepy.

Be nice to my fucks.

Ps. Thanks Killhour/James

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Webb posted:

A little youtube-esque which is a surprise. As in, playing a game mainly to show off frustration or provide entertainment value from the player's reactions. Didn't think one of those could've survived on here, but here you go. If executed well anything's possible!

You obviously haven't seen the Kaizo Mario threads yet.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

dshban posted:

Stop recommending Deceased Crab he is terrible.

Counterpoint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-DsnXvZHk

e: along with this

Roar fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 14, 2009

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Super Columbine Massacre might work for you guys. It's not extremely long, but there's like 28 videos at at least 10-15 mins a piece. It worked for me. :3:

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Malorie posted:

Even the scrolling comments make for a bizarrely effective laugh track when you don't understand it. Watching player frustration whilst a barrage of 'wwwwwwwww's flood the screen somehow makes it seem more hilarious.

From 6:30 to 6:40 of this video is a perfect example of this.

HRRRRRRRGGGGG

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwあ あ あ あ あ あ
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwあ あ あ あ あ あ
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wあ あ あ あ あ あ あ
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Studio posted:

Jade Star you might want to check the first post for the bolded rule with sirens surrounding it, it shouldn't be too hard to miss. Thought yeah the Shadow of Rome LP does work for being very long and easy to watch minus the stealth segments

To be fair, he wasn't saying "Hey everyone check out how awesome this poo poo is", he was saying "If you're looking for this specific thing, this thing I did kind of fits". :e

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
In Cheeseball's defense, the dialogue was goddamn terrible and the black and white tutorial fuckers were the worst thing about that game.

That LP ruled, but his style probably wouldn't fly today. Two years ago, it was amazing.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Under a Killing Moon needs much more love.

Great, classic game that a lot of us remember from childhood - and the commentary's pretty fine too. Every needs to connect back with their mid-90's child.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

You got my hopes up when I saw taxidermistpasta, and then my heart broke when I saw the Google error.

You're a terrible, terrible person.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Kjoery posted:

To my knowledge they were all hosted on Google video and nowhere else, and all got deleted when his account was purged.

That being said I will totally buy someone an avatar if they will tell me where I can find the Super Columbine RPG LP they did.

Someone has to have backed that poo poo up.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

I am literally crying with how wonderful 4:57 is.

I guess I should watch the other videos too now.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Nekomata posted:

There's supposedly one or two guys who do LP's on NicoNico Douga, but I can't seem to find them.

Here's that one Japanese psuedo-let's play. Was posted in the Off-Site LP thread, but it's apparently been ported to youtube now so there you go.

http://www.youtube.com/user/psion0011

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

I really wish someone had a backup of these. One of the best LPs.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
In honor of the Christmas season, I'd like to nominate the Christmas Defcon Mod video from the Defcon thread. All of the confusing awful things about Defcon have been replaced with Christmas related items, and it is a wonderland of fun. If that doesn't get you and your mamma into the holiday spirits, nothing will.

Are there any other awesome Christmas LP videos? I feel like getting merry.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
So for any of you scrubs who weren't paying attention to Taxi's thread, Super Columbine RPG is finally back.

You should watch it. It's deliciously 2007 and far funnier than most of the things that have graced us in the years since.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You should probably avoid Proteus's stuff, though. He can be a bit pessimistic.

Bu-WUUH? :monocle:

Rocketlex posted:

Found Here!

This rules. If you're even remotely into Minecraft LPs, this is just plain awesome. The mods he has pretty much blows the game to hell, and I'm loving every minute of it so far.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Chewbot posted:

Just a heads up, this link made my antivirus unhappy.

Really? Avast doesn't seem to mind it.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

YJT posted:

This is a weird and slightly creepy request, I have no idea why you'd need that.

'Oyster's a virgin' was practically a catchphrase between 2007-2008 so it's not as creepy as you might think.

Or it might be moreso. I don't pretend to understand how things work around here sometimes.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I loved that LP and was actually the one who archived it, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I liked it. Those videos are pretty awful, looking back.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
In all fairness, that LP was 2007 as gently caress. Standards were lower back then.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I just finished watching CannibalK9's The Void LP and I have to concur that it's goddamn amazing. The atmosphere of the game along with the relaxing voice of the LPer mixed with his view and knowledge of the game really is a fantastic mix.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I second Chulip. The game is an amazing journey from start to finish, and Jamesman does a good job of showing off pretty much everything. I've never wanted to yank out my PS2 and buy a crazy game so badly after rewatching his LP.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Leovinus posted:

Oh, I don't know. You went ahead and named Squall "..." so it sounds like it's going to be a total laugh riot.

If you're not going to update your ff8 lp (or at least put it back up so people can read it again) don't be salty about other people lping this wonderful game

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Spintzel posted:

Anyway, I just got around to reading Mr. Swoon's latest Monster Rancher LP and I really enjoyed the storyline he adds onto the game. I've already read the obvious Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon LPs, but are there any other great LPs that add more to the game without becoming extremely creepy or basically a fan-fiction?

The Princess Maker 2 LP is along those lines and is pretty aces.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Look at how wrong you are

Though to be fair the effect is kind of lost without helloimdan chanting "this is going to work, this is definitely going to work" in the background.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

toanoradian posted:

Can someone recommend a Let's Play where someone beat a really difficult game with utter ease? Or at least relative ease? It doesn't have to be someone utilizing a glitch, just a really, really skillful Let's Player.

Yeah, sure, I'll use this as an excuse to plug The Void.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
It's pretty good even though The White Dragon has terrible musical preferences.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Pickwick posted:

This makes me wonder: are there any other LPs where the speaker is drunk or otherwise intoxicated.

I don't think a recomendation to Tipping 40's has ever been more warranted.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Azure_Horizon posted:

There is no death in the Void.

Don't fear death.

You know, I have to say this about The Void: it really says a lot that so many people (myself included) love it for what it is and the meanings and the excellent LP of it and no one even mentions that it's chuck goddamn full of tits and rear end. When boobs aren't even worth mentioning, you know it's got to be a strong, impactful game.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Under the vegetable posted:

Lurkdawg, aka the best LPer the world has ever seen. http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-A-Link-to-the-Past-(by-Lurkdawg)/

He does a video where he drinks a beer every time he dies, then dies so much he makes excuses for himself and starts doing half-beers, then eventually stops drinking and goes into a sort of drunk blackout trance as the video goes silent for 20 minutes.

It's not for everyone I guess but it's the funniest loving thing in the world to me.

It's a shame that 90% of the videos are dead thanks to google video :/

hurf i'm dumb missed the whole "backup" on the right

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Does anyone know where the Fail Pile Defcon Christmas special can be found? It doesn't feel like Christmas without it. The link in the lparchive is dead. :/

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

This is a good start but it doesn't contain nearly enough happy children. I do feel slightly more festive now though!

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Jade Star posted:

Because I love you so much Roar, and because it's the season to be less spiteful,and mostly because Guava was giving me crap about it on skype, I found the video and am uploading it now!

Defcon Christmas. Give it a while, like 20-30 min after this post.

You saved Christmas :banjo:

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Disappointing Pie posted:

Some of the recommendations for group LP's the last couple pages have been great, I love a good funny group LP.

Also question, is there some stigmata against using Youtube as a video host? I mean they seem to be the most lax and most accessible host but I still see people not using them.

Youtube is fine now, it used to be pretty poo poo. It's good to have a back-up for people who can't use youtube for whatever reason, though.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Teddybear posted:

Any chance you could link to the first video? For some dumb reason they have every video embedded and when I try to look at the page it crashes Chrome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiHkMELgAf4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Not really, no.

It was 2007, Google video was a necessary evil for videos that long. Just think of it as cracks in a fine art mural.

• Locked thread