Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
macklikethetruck
Jul 22, 2007

Party
Party
Party
:hfive:
Magnatux's Myst LP was a lot of fun. He plays Myst in a first person narrative, and presents his posts as journal entries. In the original Myst booklet, the game designers recommended keeping a journal while playing the game, so it fits the format perfectly. I normally do not read SSLP's, but this one was an exception. Magnatux's writing is not long winded, and does not waste excess time or load up on too many screen shots. The LP is not really funny, it's more of an experience like playing Myst. My only problems with the thread were he did not update consistently enough, and he did NOT play the best version of Myst. RealMyst could have even been a VLP successfully.
Magnatux is going to LP some of Myst's sequels soon, I recommend everyone check out his Myst thread now, it's finished and it's a lot of fun.

Desiato's Marathon LP is mostly off the radar due to inconsistency, but he has fallen into a good groove finally. The game is fantastic so I recommend the LP despite its earlier lame videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macklikethetruck
Jul 22, 2007

Party
Party
Party

Sinix posted:

Bully (VLP): This one is mainly worth watching for the game, which I don't think anyone really played. The commentary isn't great, but it's reasonable enough to usher you through the interesting game if you've never played it.

I'm glad this finally got going. I thought he abandoned it after one video.

digadigadoo posted:

Let's suck at Super Mario Bros. 2 by Dominic R is probably the funniest LP I've seen. He has never played the game before and he sounds like a drunk old man most of the time which makes for some unpredictable and hilarious moments, mostly involving save states. The thread has been archived but the first video can be viewed here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4802215358620538622&hl=en-CA

"Go back to...homework"

This is pretty good for a bare bones LP. It should be archived! I'll ask in the sandcastle.

Desiato posted:

Haha, I misread something Proteus said later in the thread and thought he was condoning it, well I'm mostly plugging Suspicious's thread anyways.

I even mentioned Marathon in an earlier post champ!

macklikethetruck
Jul 22, 2007

Party
Party
Party
Quest for Glory / Hero's Quest 1-5: An Epic Let's Play

A forgotten gem, LPed a bit unconventionally(as in it's actually good). This is actually one of my favorite things going right now. The game is the real draw, the commentary is minimal and subtitled, which is all it needs to be IMO. The updates are fairly regular, and the videos are short, presenting little chapters of an awesome old school adventure game. Check it out.

macklikethetruck
Jul 22, 2007

Party
Party
Party
drat I've already pimped this thread once but QUEST FOR GLORY rocks my socks. Subtitled VLP of a classic hilarious adventure. The games are funny and not a bore, and Peas and Rice is a good player and a good commentator. QFG2 started not too long ago its a good time to jump in!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2760695

macklikethetruck
Jul 22, 2007

Party
Party
Party

The Dark Id posted:

I'd honestly like it to be stickied, myself. I have gently caress-all time for LPs these days and the patience to read more than one update is rare, if it doesn't grab me immediately. I'm more willing to giving things that crop up here a second chance, even if it is rarely posted in.

agree. Also it would be nice to take it off my bookmarks and just see it on the front page.

• Locked thread