Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Orthogonalus posted:

There was a spectacular LP of The Moment of Silence a long, long time ago, but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. Which is a shame, because it was really funny and fits your description perfectly. Maybe if you have archives you can still find it? I don't know how these things work.

http://lparchive.org/lpmaster/

What a helpful site, don't you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bummey posted:

There are only a few LPs that I've watched that I can even remember. Examples of ones I've seen and enjoyed are Jurassic Park Trespasser by Research Indicates and Mercenaries 2 by that one guy and Lithuanian Dad.

I'm looking for something well produced with good commentary. Something that's informative and shows off everything about a game like Trespasser, or plays on comedic points like Mercenaries 2. But not one where the player just babbles like an idiot non-stop -- everything by Psychedelic Eyeball, for instance.

Any suggestions?

You should also take a look at the Dead Space LP recommended right above you. It's informative AND comedic and there's a lot of effort put into it. The Man with a Hat did like four or five concurrent playthroughs to get all the footage he used. He also played to both sides by presenting a subtitled semi-serious and informative atmospheric playthrough and another completely different fun-trainwreck styled voiced run.
Add to that tons of concept art, background, tie-ins to other mediums and products in the franchise and he's got all the bases covered. The only downside to this LP is that he takes two or three episodes to get into the commentating groove so the earlier videos can be a bit lacking.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

a spooky ghost posted:

///thread question///

There's quite a few foreign language LPs to be found on YT or other dedicated LP sites, but all of them suck rear end. So goddamn much.
All of them.

Every single one i've found (that i could understand anyways) incorporated every single thing to do wrong in an LP.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Uplink is pretty good, too.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
/e: Ignore me.

Just take this link i guess: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3337167

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yonic Symbolism posted:

speaking of which, at least 3 lp's, I've seen the game designer come in and answer questions about the games being played (Yahtzee in the Chzo mythos thread, TheLxR in The Void thread, and recently Al Lowe in the Leisure Suit Larry thread). I always find this interesting, so are there any other threads where this has happened?

"The" game designer, heh :v:

Well, in Metroixer's Let's Break Pokemon Blue we had some insightful commentary from the translator of the first two GB games. (ninjaedit: What the guy above said.) The Chronicles of Riddick thread had a level designer drop by and give some neat background details and also post a picture of Vin Diesel with a box of World of Warcraft and a big ol' smile.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The closest thing i know is Freeman's Mind on YouTube, which is arguably not really a LP. Or is it?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Keep in mind that Darkseed 2 is a very slow burn, but it ALL pays off at the end, if you don't spoil yourself.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Would recomment the strange love episodes, too. He uses amazing background music that, at some point, seems to develop an impeccable sense of timing for maximum hilarity all on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is a new thread really neccessary just due to age? There's 10 years old threads still going strong in other places. Well, one at least. :v:

I guess an updated and summarized OP would be kinda nice. Throw Kaubocks' and PanzerSkank's Saints Row 2 LP in there in the humorous / game breakage category.
Also, Pokemon Blue for the informative / game breakage category, plus it's an SSLP.

• Locked thread