Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Gonna suggest to anyone who likes a bit of schadenfreude that they look at Beyond the Beyond, which is an atrocious early PS1 RPG by atrocious developers (the Golden Sun people) and gets taken to task pretty handily by Azure_Horizon.

They also did the shining force games, and they are currently doing vaiorous Mario sports games. Anyways, I second this suggestion, cheesy games always make for good LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Bacter posted:

My heavens, everybody should be following Panzer Skank's LP of OFF.

It's one of those weird games, but it manages to be weird-good, not just weird annoying. And the music ALONE is worth it, plus she adds in some art that is just the bees knees. Just a solid screenshot LP all around.

I concur. This game is just fascinating. It's really surreal, but its always surreal in an interesting and not just dumb way. Additionally, there's a lot of really good fan art in the thread, including some lovely art in the updates made by the OP.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

bladedsmoke posted:

Speaking of Bacter and Mzbundifund's Baldur's Gate thread, Red_October_7000 posted this over there:

I didn't want to derail that thread into talking about other LPs, especially because I was worried it might end up in spoiler territory and half the point of the thread is that Bacter's going in blind. So I thought I'd bring it here, and was wondering if someone could link me to the BG Ironman thread Red_October_7000 mentions? It sounds intriguing.

Here's the link. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3589415

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
For informative SSLPs, my favorite is the LP of OFF by Panzer Skank. Panzer Skank lets the game speak for itself very well and it has tons of fun fanart.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Geop Could you please add "Off is an interesting and perplexing abstract RPG," to the beginning of my recommendation for it. I just realized that I forgot to even mention what the game is like at all for the recommendation. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Geop posted:

The World Ends with You, by Orange Fluffy Sheep: One of the best JRPG to come from Square in the last years. The game drops the usual fantasy setting for modern-day Tokio and changes potions into hamburgers, equipment into garish fashion statements and angst into the most :smug: character in the story of videogames. OFS does a great job of showing everything the game has to offer, up to and including the post-game. (Recommended by Fat Samurai)

Was Tokyo supposed to be misspelled here?

• Locked thread