Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
He still respects the LP sub-forum, though, last time I saw him mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Except in Yahtzee's LPs, whichever of them are playing the game in question does know about the game; the other person typically doesn't.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I'd recommend watching the Mega Man 1, 2 and 3 races to give the 4 race better impact. Also they're all good.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Lance Streetman posted:

The 4 swords LP isn't in the archives, and that's an LP worth watching. There are quite a few others that were never archived.

Here you are.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

ArchWizard posted:

What would make a non-commentary playthrough "quality?" I want to know because I'm considering a C&C LP and I can't decide whether it would be a subbed VLP or a VLP with voice, so the idea of a no-commentary LP is perplexing.

There was a guest on the most recent Retsutalk who talked about it, albeit a little perplexingly. It's apparently presented as a casual playthrough, yet also attempts to see and do 100% of the things possible in the game. I think it hits the same sort of appeal as "white noise" LPs do, that you can stick on in the background while you do something else. At least, that's what I was gathering from the guy's description of it.

So I guess it's "quality" if you show absolutely everything in the game…?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
A few people have asked in one of these stickied threads about Kung-Fu Jesus' Shadow Complex LP. The videos had always been on his site, Discoshiny, until it went under, and nowhere else. But now he's put the LP on YouTube, so if you liked the LP (and it was pretty good), now you can watch it again!

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
It is hard, however everything follows a set pattern; it's designed to be speedrun. So you could just play it enough times to memorise everything that happens (or, at least, how every type of enemy behaves).

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

pichupal posted:

This'll do fine if you just want the cutscenes. It seems to be missing the Sazh DLC, but if you've already reached the paradox video in KFJ's LP you probably already saw that.

The pretty much took every ending in the game and messed with the video for youtube, i don't think it was a copyright thing at all. The alternate video hosts were supposed to have the actual video in the, but I guess they're dead now. I suppose you could try getting in touch with them to see if the have any of the videos saved?

You forgot to actually link the video/channel there.

And the butchered cutscenes on YouTube were for copyright; pretty sure they'd get flagged by Square. KFJ mentioned in the comments for his reupload of Shadow Complex on YouTube that his host was really poo poo, or started getting lovely, and he hasn't been able to find a good replacement.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

NeilPerry posted:

I need a list of really long funny group LP's. The standard I'm looking for is Shenmue by Tipping Forties and Sonic 06 by Pokecapn and the gang. I don't want a game that's TOO interesting since I'm using it mainly as background noise to study kanji.

If you want more of the Posse, there's a good 50+ hours of Final Fantasy XIII-2.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
At this point it might be beneficial to change the thread title to include telling people to look for giant red banners on the archive.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

KittyEmpress posted:

Does that kind of creepy stuff happen often? Do the new mods get people trying to talk to them all the time? That's a bit weird.

I knew a person who got ridiculously excited because they bought the same brand of capture card that Chip uses. Like that made them friends, or put them in a special little club together, or something. Fans are creepy in general, it's in the namesake.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
There was also one started by Gatz, which also fell into archives. I recommend that one, though I don't have the link handy.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Would it be against the rules to suggest megathreads for that list which one has participated in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Geop posted:

Grab-Bags/Megathreads/Miscellaneous

Then if it's okay, I'll recommend the Hard Games Thread, a collection of LPs of predominately older games that were still being designed to squeeze extra coins out of your pocket and into the arcade machines, being played by people who make them look like cakewalks.

And then also the Racing Thread, spawned after the Meat Boy bonus races kept on happening. Good for longform entertainment, bordering on background noise podcasts of people talking about random topics, interspersed with freaking out at things happening in the game.

• Locked thread