Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This was a really good idea, there's so much stuff out there that I've been completely unaware of.

While I'm really enjoying Scorchy's current tale of hapless Blade Runner Ray McCoy in Blade Runner - Skinjob Retirement Simulator you're doing yourself a disservice if you didn't read his amazing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - Because We Hate Endings, available in The Goldmine as well as in Archive Format or The Let's Play Archive

It's an amazing thread, in which Scorchy takes what was an excellent unfinished game, polishes it up and shows it for the masterpiece it could have been. The level of work he put into it boggles my mind.

For active threads, check out Stabbey The Clown's gently caress saving the world, I just want cash and tits! - The Bard’s Tale (2005) for a neat skewering off the standard rpg format, both by the game itself and Stabbey's narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

McFetusBurger posted:

If for nothing other than the sheer proffessionalism, watch the Jurassic Park: Tresspasser thread. Specifically give the history of tresspasser vid a look. Research Indicates is putting a lot of work into this, and it shows.

Also his voice reminds me of the Dukes of Hazard narrator :3:

I normally don't watch Video LPs and I've only had the time to watch the History Video and opening level, but the sheer amount of work Research Indicates has put into it and the utter professionalism of the videos makes me want to watch more. It's a compelling watch and shows so much of the potential of game as well as explaining why what didn't work... didn't work.

If you like Video LPs (or you don't) and you like dinosaurs (or you don't), then you should check this out.

• Locked thread