Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
I'm going to third the recommendation for Jerusalem's Medieval 2: Total War thread.

After a long night of drinking, two scottish princes awaken to find themselves and their followers on a boat bound for Egypt. After besieging and capturing Alexandria, they realize the potential for creating a Scottish dynasty in Egypt, but the road to glory is a long one fraught with bloodshed, plague, total war, and betrayal.

In addition to capturing beautiful screen shots, Jerusalem did an amazing job with the story telling, and gained such a large following that the thread has been re-hosted multiple times.

If you have archives, you can read it here, which I strongly recommend because the whole thread is terrific, not just his in-character posts.
If you don't have archives, you can still read the story here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Whatever happened to the harsh criticism thread?

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Kreega Bondola posted:

Another along the lines of this is Cheeseball IV's Black and White LP.

The game itself is very up and down between being a decent game and being downright terrible, and Cheeseball does a good job of making both humourous (especially later in the game, so don't give up after the fairly mediocre first couple of videos).

I think you're wrong and it was a pretty poor LP. Cheeseball never stops with the "I hate you loving die die" yelling over the unkillable characters talking, comments on sounds you can't hear due to the lovely sound quality of his videos, and generally comes across as a blasé rear end in a top hat trying to sound tough because he's role-playing an evil god. The training montages where he cheats to train his creature up, and him creating a giant pit of hell out of burning rocks are the only good parts of the whole LP.

That being said, Black and White is a pretty poor game so I guess they were made for each other?

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

I really liked the Sam & Max, Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle LPs. Could someone recommend anything similar that I may have missed?

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Fourthing the RISK reccomendation. The author put a lot of effort into making it interesting, and combined with the rest of the thread the whole LP really shines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

If you like any of the paradox LPs, autopsy-turvey did a pretty funny Victoria LP of Serbia on another forum. He never finished it, but the whole thing's a humorous look at Serbian nationalism and is one of my favorite threads on the forums.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2996309

• Locked thread