Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdf
Aug 1, 2006
I've got an electric shower that drips. It's one of those ones with a button you press to turn it on, and I'm guessing there's some kind of solenoid affair inside that turns the water on and off, but the washer is going.

Is this something I can fix myself? Or is it going to be one of those things that is impossible to get at, and I should get a plumber rather than electrocuting myself or breaking lots of tiny plastic bits while taking it apart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdf
Aug 1, 2006

Phooney posted:

Removing wallpaper is sucking my will to live.

You could get a steam wallpaper stripper - mine was about £20 for something cheap and basic from Argos (UK) and it makes life a hell of a lot easier. Then you just need to wash the walls down with a detergent to get rid of the old wallpaper paste and size once the paper's off.

mdf
Aug 1, 2006
Is there any sort of convention for which side a porch door is hinged with respect to the front door?

As you go into my (victorian) house, the proper front door is hinged on the left, then there's a small 1 sqm "porch" with a second door hinged on the right, that I'm replacing. I was going to hinge the new second door on the left so that they were both hung the same way - but is there some old reason why they're different in the first place?