Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds
I just moved into the top floor of a house that's has a hot water radiator heating system. Except the radiators on my floor are not heating anything. The landlady told me that this is because the house was empty for several years prior to my arrival and so my radiators are full of air and need to be bled daily to relieve the pressure so water can fill them up.

The problem (aside from the whole "it's loving freezing" deal) is that when I turn the screw on the side of the radiators to bleed them only the tiniest amount of air comes out of one (if water replaces the amount of air that's coming out it can't be more then a teaspoon) and nothing comes out of the other. Should I just trust that this is doing something and it's just time consuming? Is there anything else I should be doing? Is this a job that a professional should be doing and I'm just going to end up scalding myself?

If it helps the radiators on the second and first floor work and I can tell that hot water is coming up to the radiators on my floor because that pipe is warm, it just doesn't seem to be filling them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU