Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Secret Asian Man posted:

i just clogged the gently caress out of my kitchen drain, i think by pouring hamburger fat down it

my theory is that the tallows in the fat solidified in the drain, forming a solid blockage of beef lard (this is just my guess)

this is weird because i've poured plenty of beef fat down the drain in the past and never had any trouble

going off my solidified lard theory, i boiled up a pot of water and poured it down the drain, hoping to melt the fat and get things moving again, but this is not working

is this a job for liquid plumr? a real plumber? help me internet...what do i do

Run hot water and plunger the poo poo out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
How to I fix a screen door's screen? A raccoon pulled it out of the doorframe while getting into the house via a small hole.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Blowupologist posted:

A raccoon pulled the screen door out of the doorframe? I'd move somewhere far away.

Replacing individual screens can be easy or hard depending on the design of the screen door. My experience has been that the screens are generally held in via screws or a series of tabs. Remove the broken screen, measure it, and pick up a replacement at a hardware store.

This loving raccoon is no joke. He's almost my arch enemy. He fears no one (well humans at least) and will hiss at you. I tried to stop him from getting into our trash by putting a bungie cord on the lid to the main frame. He actually knocked it over, and was able to overhead press the lid open enough to crawl in (and out) of it. All while I was standing there. It actually drew a crowd of like 3 kids on bikes watching the raccoon because it was at like 8 pm. I tried to get it to run away, and it just started walking at me hissing aggressively.