Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnStubby
Jan 9, 2007

I'm in search of a very simple line frequency meter.

I haven't been able to find one at any local electrician supply shops, and the people working there have no idea what I'm talking about.

The only ones I can find through google or electricians supply sites are the high dollar bench top models. I'm also not interested in buying another digital multimeter just for the frequency meter setting that comes with some of the more feature packed models.

I'm looking for basically a small plastic box with a 3 or 4 digit LED readout and a three prong USA style wall outlet plug. I would be using it to check VAC frequency on large generators used for set lighting.

I know they exist. I've seen two of them but I never got a chance to ask their owners where they found them.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnStubby
Jan 9, 2007

NickNails posted:

You can make one :o)

http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/AC_Monitor.htm

Thank you!

I'd been searching for "meters" instead of "monitors"