Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
How can I affix brass to painted aluminum? It'll be a rather small and detailed logo, and I want it to eventually be removable without having to get in there with a chisel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Blowupologist posted:

Is it something that will be moved a lot, or subject to a fair amount of stress? If not, you could use double-sided tape. A drop of superglue would also work, although there's no guarantee it wouldn't peel the paint.

Basically any low-grade adhesive will work. Silicone RTV, superglue, etc. Just be sparing with your adhesive.

It'll be taking a lot of abuse (as in, it'll be grafted to the side of a paintball gun I'll be hefting through brambles and covering in mud), but I might want to remove it later, too. I was hoping for something you could easily remove with solvent.

Oh well... if it might damage the paint, I'll just attach them to a removable/replacable bit, like a barrel.
Just a Warhammer 40K pet project of sorts- I want to add brass aquilas-

like that, but smaller-

Onto the body or barrel of this-

A lot of people add stupid paintball company stickers and stuff like that to their markers, and I was going for something different but still cool.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Thumposaurus posted:

3M makes a double sided tape that is used for sticking molding and emblems onto cars it is about as thick as scotch tape and super strong. You should be able to find it at an auto parts store.

If it works for cars it'll probably work for me- thanks. If I like it I'll probably glue them on anyways, but it's good to know a viable removable alternative.