Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I used 1x4 ripped at a 45 degree angle to make french cleats for a cube storage thing I hung on my wall. I would guess the unit plus all the stuff in it was over 100 lbs, and it never caused problems at all. Just make sure you attach it to the studs and you should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
In my experience clover grows like mad without adding anything to it. In years past it was the only thing still green in my lawn by this time of summer, but I think i unintentionally killed it this spring when using weed and feed trying to get rid of chickweed.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

This is a straight through vent into the garage. No crawl space. "Suicide vents" so you can leave your car running in the garage and presumably not die. Apparently they were common in the 60's and early 70's.

Killing yourself doesn't stop the pain, it just passes it on to someone else. Do you need to talk?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I will wager that either your gutters are undersized and can't keep up with rainfall in even a modest storm or that they're angled improperly and collect water far from the downspouts. Possibly both.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Why are you sleeping in your closet?