Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I am making a wheelchair for a disabled pet.

Where can I get some lightweight and easy to roll wheels around 3-6" diameter? Home Depot doesn't seem to have anything between casters for chairs and wheels for lawnmowers.

Would some sort of aluminum frame be lighter than a 1/2" pvc frame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

My parents recently replaced their TV which has an issue with powering up. It works fine while on but if it goes into standby or loses power it just may not power back on and you have to reset it by unplugging it for 15m and try again. They took it to a repair shop which only temporarily fixed it. Some googling leads me to think its something with the capacitors or the powerboard itself but I don't think its worth spending money to replace it on a 4 year old TV.

But since it works I want to use it as a second monitor. If I leave my computer on its great but it goes into standby 30m after I turn the computer off and there isn't an option to change it. Aside from leaving my computer on all the time is there a way I can trick the TV into thinking it still has a signal and doesn't go into standby? It has antenna, VGA, HDMI, Svideo, and component inputs. I assume they would all take power from something anyway so I am just hoping for some quirk or clever fix.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Tim Thomas posted:

If it's a Samsung panel and powersupply (Mitsubishis are notorious for this), it has to do with one of the power supply rails drifting due to component aging. You have two options to fix this: 1) new powersupply or replace your electrolytics and magnetics; 2) install a firmware patch downloadable from the vendor website that opens up the self-check parameter.
It is a Sylvania and has no firmware I can find. No way to keep it from going into standby though?